What's new

Update w Pics-- Now Good! :) Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

Re: Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

Now that you have it in there, you know for a fridge to operate properly it needs a minimum clearance on each side and on top? Otherwise it will overheat and you'll be buying yourself another new fridge. Look in the owners manual for the clearance it needs.

I bought at home depot but price matched best buy. I did a screen shot that included the additional 5% off they give when you use your best buy cc in addition to the sale price. Took just over $600 off the HD price. Plus HD has a better price for their warranty and free delivery/haul away.

Now that you have it in there, you know for a fridge to operate properly it needs a minimum clearance on each side and on top? Otherwise it will overheat and you'll be buying yourself another new fridge. Look in the owners manual for the clearance it needs.

I'll check it out. We are going to be making some modifications to the cabinets on that wall cause as is it can't be serviced or used properly. Manufacturer did a lot of advertising that it fits in the standard 36" opening which is what i have so hopefully little breathing room needed.

Ours only needs 2" in back according to the manual so we are good. :)

This was a funny read... I expected the "bad day" drama to be much worse! :lol:
I wish my problems were like that!

Looks like a beautiful fridge and kitchen (and doors of course), I'm glad you got it in.

So the guy is here fixing everything today... My pantry cabinet got moved to a new spot, he is scooting over the remaining upper/lower countertop thingy to center it. It looks SO much better than it ever looked to me.

I can FINALLY open my garage/kitchen door all the way without hitting the counter and I just have more breathing room. He is doind a temp set up till we can fix everything more permanently but it is going fabulously! I'll post pics when I'm done but things are really improving and I am so happy with it!!

I'm so glad the walls were painted BEHIND the old fridge and cabinets! It's going to turn out better than I thought. Thanks for sharing in my drama! I was really freaked out about all this yesterday. We'd been w/o a fridge for 2wks and it was turning in to such a disaster.

So the guy is here fixing everything today... My pantry cabinet got moved to a new spot, he is scooting over the remaining upper/lower countertop thingy to center it. It looks SO much better than it ever looked to me.

I can FINALLY open my garage/kitchen door all the way without hitting the counter and I just have more breathing room. He is doind a temp set up till we can fix everything more permanently but it is going fabulously! I'll post pics when I'm done but things are really improving and I am so happy with it!!

I'm so glad the walls were painted BEHIND the old fridge and cabinets! It's going to turn out better than I thought. Thanks for sharing in my drama! I was really freaked out about all this yesterday. We'd been w/o a fridge for 2wks and it was turning in to such a disaster.

Oh good!! :)

I'm glad it's working out. That really is a gorgeous fridge!

Here's the slightly unfinished new set up:
WP_000814.jpg

My new spot to put the garbage can (was in front of one side of french doors to deck) and FINALLY a place for brooms, floor steamer, vaccuum and such (my house had no coat closet or storage space for these things)

WP_000815.jpg

Now my kitchen/garage door opens fully!! No more getting caught on the handle or scraping your hands when carrying something.

WP_000818.jpg

Can you believe the guy got all this done in 1.5hrs? He was GREAT! :)

Oh and the inside of my favorite new appliance:
WP_000819.jpg

WP_000820.jpg

Love that the freezer has 3 drawers inside and that the ice maker is in the left side door of the fridge and still room for useable shelves. Right side shelves are SO deep. To give depth perspective. Middle Produce drawer has 15 apples and 4 pears in it!!

Sorry if these are huge! No time to check! Gotta run to school.

Mom2Dee....Looks great!!

psssst.......you need more Land o Lakes! :lol:

I am one of those "even number" people that has to have things symmetrical. :lol:

If you are too, you may want to see if you can get another cabinet that would fit btwn the high small cabinets and the regular ones so it is one row of all cabinets.

Another idea would be to push the fridge toward the door and put the trashcan and brooms to the right of the fridge. If you got those hook grabby things to put on the wall, it would look organized and where they belong. ANd maybe put a picture or calendar above the hook thingees. Just ideas to add symmetry.

So glad it is all working out. I showed dd what was wrong--she was willing to come over and try to help you get it in--but then she said--i would do this and this to make it work etc--so many of the ideas are what you had done. (she has the math gene--where she could look and know--I on the other hand would have been saying we can do this--push push go go--and of course would have been no help!!)
Glad it all worked out!!

Lisa--I can see what you're saying. This isn't our "permanent" for this space. It was just to make it livable till we can do more permanent. Things are going to get shifted and we may move the garage door and do a wrap around through that corner.

KMJ-- she's got a good eye! Thanks for your desire to help. It gets tight in there when we add the table back in (it was shoved back against the stove when I took pics). I may have to have a little tea party and invite you guys all over to give ideas and critique on the final layout. ;)

Sounds fun--just let us know when! Lisa--you can help her with your way of keeping things organized--I have seen your house-it is amazing!-I will just give my creative ideas--and my dd well she would fit in with Lisa's ideas-and then add her touch of ideas
I would tell you how to cover it with creative ideas for now!!
Main thing, I am glad it is working for you.

Lisa--I can see what you're saying. This isn't our "permanent" for this space. It was just to make it livable till we can do more permanent. Things are going to get shifted and we may move the garage door and do a wrap around through that corner.

KMJ-- she's got a good eye! Thanks for your desire to help. It gets tight in there when we add the table back in (it was shoved back against the stove when I took pics). I may have to have a little tea party and invite you guys all over to give ideas and critique on the final layout. ;)

if you mean long island iced tea, I am there! :dance:

if you mean long island iced tea, I am there! :dance:

:shesaid: but let's face it..............I'm in for any kind of tea party activities. :)

We are non-drinkers here. Don't believe in the stuff and haven't been in a liquor aisle since the winetags dried up. But I am from the south so I've got some tea! :) And it's always fun to throw a party.

We are non-drinkers here. Don't believe in the stuff

:eek: :faint: Why? What did brother booze ever do to you?! :surrender:

:lol:

Don't believe in the stuff?? It's not invisible!

And shhhhh... Liquor might hear you and be offended! :lol:

Back