What's new

Watching Sports Online For Free

Duh sorry forgot it wasn't the Arctic Monkeys it was Tomas Kalnoky of Streetlight Manifesto who Max interviewed.

i watch from betting websites, you just need an account. Also, I watch from free streaming websites, like usagoals.com (admins, hope it's ok for me giving the website, if not please edit this post and accept my apologies

It is funny, I was watching Max Kaiser last night and he did an interview with the Arctic Monkeys lead... He said that they had encouraged fans to seek free sources because the corporations are pissed off that their day was up - he said that bands make their money by people turning up to live gigs and not through sales of plastic and corporate run downloads.

He said that the corporations had stated support bands by buying not stealing downloads - but this was not true it is because corporations are losing money not the the bands who do not give a **** basically.

I suppose the same could be said about sport on pay per view - very little in revenue of these service go to the clubs - If a league is getting a 150 million pot to share you can guarantee that the likes of Sky Sports are raking in ten times that amount.

The clubs are more bothered about their gates rather than the pay per view money. They would make more if fans turned up to the game - but this is where we go full circle - prices are way too much and are more for the corporate wallet not the true family fans.

To take 2 kids and myself to a BWFC match it is more than 50 GBP for a good seat ($70) plus a drink some food and a program and you are looking at 70 GPB ($90) at Manchester United it is much higher than that.

This is the issue that needs addressing... until it is there will be always those watching online.

I do believe that if stadiums are full week in week out then they would make more money than PPV.

Agree with you, internet piracy is power to the people. 'Stealing' from the greedy corporations is a good thing. The problem will be addressed with a draconian backlash via internet laws. The big corporations will demand they are protected and the governments represent their interests, not the average man on the street.

i watch from betting websites, you just need an account. Also, I watch from free streaming websites, like usagoals.com (admins, hope it's ok for me giving the website, if not please edit this post and accept my apologies

I was going to ask if there is a site to watch soccer streams online for free, but is usagoals.com a good site to watch soccer? thanks.

This is so true. More viewers will mean a better growth for that sport or just all sports in general. Unfortunately no one has come up with a solution yet. It's kind of hard to give away money that's supposed to be buying you your 5th house. As long as I can afford it though, I buy PPV. But just because of the bad quality of free online streams, I don't have much principles for or against piracy, honestly.

I was going to ask if there is a site to watch soccer streams online for free, but is usagoals.com a good site to watch soccer? thanks.

Yes it is. They have the biggest matches, and also offer 2-3 sources. Lots of ads and pop-ups but fullscreen the match and you should be fine.

Actually, I watch sports on the internet very often. For example, I use many stream sites and ESPN play. It's a great option, however I like attending to the matches when I can, it's very exciting.

I have viewed some sports for free but only for certain ones though. I also have found a site to view them, if I so choose to. The only ones that I would be interested in is baseball, basketball or wrestling.

being a student and living off campus, i don't even have a TV (not that i'm missing out much). the computer fulfills my needs for watching football/soccer and the occasional tennis match. same as Shaun, i use Sopcast (http://www.sopcast.org/download/) to watch, and I get my Sopcast links from http://livefootball.ws/ (Russian) and http://tructiepbongda.com/ (Vietnamese?). it's much easier to navigate the latter, and for the former, I wait until near game time and search for "Online", it will jump straight to match that's about to kickoff, which helps you find your match easier (just try it and you'll know what i'm talking about)

whoops, can't edit posts anymore. forgot to mention that you generally need a hi-speed Internet connection for these streams. the majority of them are over 1MB/s and sometimes I watch 2 at once

Nobody has mentioned first row sports. Great online streaming location. You'll need an adblocker on your Firefox though or you'll get loadsa pop ups.

Usually for football matches there are 15 streams so you will find a good quality one !

Nobody has mentioned first row sports. Great online streaming location. You'll need an adblocker on your Firefox though or you'll get loadsa pop ups.

Usually for football matches there are 15 streams so you will find a good quality one !

Yup yup first row sports with the .eu the other has been hit by the feds lol.

Adblocker for sure, jeebus my computer lit up so much I nearly had a fit!

Depends how much i care about the event/sport/contenders if i will pay.

Guys, sorry for the off-topic question but, what adblocker do you use for sites like sopcast?
I'm really needing one to get a good streaming video, ads are really annoying.

I've been using Firstrowsports.eu for a while now and have liked it pretty well. I have issues with it occasionally, but for the most part the 5 or 6 streams for many games ensures that it works well enough. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than not watching.

I sometimes watch nba games online because they don't show live nba events from the country where I am in. I don't understand why I should pay when most people in some other country can watch it in their TVs live. Same thing that happens with tv sit-coms. They show up-to date episodes in the US and we are given 2 season late episodes.:mad:

Being able to watch sports for free is great! It allows more people to tune in and that can inspire them to attend sports in the future! We all should be able to enjoy watching sports and we should not feel bad when we watch for free. It's not like we are there in the front row like the paying customer.

Back