What's new

What are ya making for dinner?

What' so gross about them?

I like pork chops, but it involves a gravy made with cream of mush soup, kitchen bouquet, etc. and pour it over rice....blah! Give me a nekkid chop and some buttered rice and I'm good. I don't eat it, but I make it.....such a good little wifey I am. :bowing:

I like pork chops, but it involves a gravy made with cream of mush soup, kitchen bouquet, etc. and pour it over rice....blah! Give me a nekkid chop and some buttered rice and I'm good. I don't eat it, but I make it.....such a good little wifey I am. :bowing:
You are right, you are a good wifey AND the porkchops his way are gross. I would eat them nekkid too.

I am home alone tonight and I am having shrimp ****tail, crackers with Port Salut cheese and a good bottle of wine. Yum.

It's hot out....what are y'all havin'? I made chicken salad out of the bone in chicken breasts I baked last night and will serve on toasted, buttered English ****ins open faced....simple, simple, simple.

Spinach-sausage-potato soup with toast made of the roasted garlic bread from Costco. Simmering now, so hungry!

Here I was thinking I'd make enough to last for 2 meals, at least. So I cooked a whole family package of chicken thighs (thanks, Plop). At least 10 thighs in the pack. I stripped off the skin, plopped them in my enamel roasting pan, covered them in nearly free bbq sauce and baked, cover on. Mashed sweet potatoes and some steamed veggies. OMG, they were so delicious - and I normally do not like thigh meat - but this was mouthwatering, stuff your face delicious! They are ALL GONE - I can't believe we stuffed ourselves like that.

Spinach-sausage-potato soup with toast made of the roasted garlic bread from Costco. Simmering now, so hungry!

Soup?! :faint:

That does sound good though, but not for a few more months. ;)

Recipe? :bee:

Soup?! :faint:

That does sound good though, but not for a few more months. ;)

Recipe? :bee:

LOL! It's easy and only takes one burner so doesn't heat up the kitchen. I don't really measure things, but:

Spinach sausage soup

Box of chicken broth
Bag of spinach
16oz smoked sausage (or polska kielbasa, or whatever you like), sliced into little pieces
several small potatoes
8oz mushrooms, sliced
2 medium onions, chopped into large chunks
red pepper flakes
pepper
oregano

In large pot, bring to a boil: Chicken broth, onions, mushrooms, sausage. Add a few cups of water. Season with pepper, red pepper, and oregano to taste. Turn heat to low and simmer for one hour+ until vegetables are soft.

Meanwhile, microwave potatoes for several minutes til soft. Cut into chunks, add to soup anytime.

Right before serving, stir in spinach until wilted.

We like this with the roasted garlic bread from Costco, yum!

pulled pork sandwiches, (free pork w/wt & almost free bbq sauce) in crockpot all day, chips (free from tuna deal at jewel), salad (from garden) and brownies (free, made early this morning, before it was hot)

pulled pork sandwiches, (free pork w/wt & almost free bbq sauce) in crockpot all day, chips (free from tuna deal at jewel), salad (from garden) and brownies (free, made early this morning, before it was hot)

That sounds delish! I love pulled pork sandwiches! I'll have to make that soon now. :)

i made soup also, all in one pot and was simple.

i made the zuppa toscana from olive garden. i love that soup so much! used a mandolin and bought diced onions from the store. i never knew they sold them like that!

Fillet mignon steaks with salad :)

LOL! It's easy and only takes one burner so doesn't heat up the kitchen. I don't really measure things, but:

Spinach sausage soup

Box of chicken broth
Bag of spinach
16oz smoked sausage (or polska kielbasa, or whatever you like), sliced into little pieces
several small potatoes
8oz mushrooms, sliced
2 medium onions, chopped into large chunks
red pepper flakes
pepper
oregano

In large pot, bring to a boil: Chicken broth, onions, mushrooms, sausage. Add a few cups of water. Season with pepper, red pepper, and oregano to taste. Turn heat to low and simmer for one hour+ until vegetables are soft.

Meanwhile, microwave potatoes for several minutes til soft. Cut into chunks, add to soup anytime.

Right before serving, stir in spinach until wilted.

We like this with the roasted garlic bread from Costco, yum!

That sounds good, and I don't normally like soup that much. I'm going to try it, thanks!

I made pulled pork sandwiches also yesterday, thanks ton, and tonite I made tacos with shredded pork.
The problem with this pork roast I used is its sooooo super fatty! ugh
This is only the second one I have ever made. The first one I made was good, but this one, ugh all thats left is just huge chunks of fat. Gross . I dont know if I will get another one. What did I do wrong this time? The roast looked the same as the last one I bought.

I made pulled pork sandwiches also yesterday, thanks ton, and tonite I made tacos with shredded pork.
The problem with this pork roast I used is its sooooo super fatty! ugh
This is only the second one I have ever made. The first one I made was good, but this one, ugh all thats left is just huge chunks of fat. Gross . I dont know if I will get another one. What did I do wrong this time? The roast looked the same as the last one I bought.

It just must have been more fatty. Was it the same type of roast? Same cut? Maybe next time trim some fat off before you cook it. I've made more pork roast than I can count....I've had that happen too.

Sometimes in the crockpot, if the fat side is left up, it doesn't melt the same way as if it were put on the bottom, or even the side. If one side of the roast has more or maybe a thicker layer of fat on it, it is easy to trim it off before you cook it. If it doesn't melt then you get left with tasty huge chunks of fat.

Also, sometime if you put the BBQ sauce on top of a huge fatty area before you cook it, the sugar in the sauce carmelizes too quickly and the fat doesn't melt off the same way.

Depending on the cut, instead of trimming off the fat I've sometimes just used a small wire rack in the bottom of the crockpot, and not added BBQ sauce until the last hour or so, after I drained the fat from the bottom.

It was the same cut of roast, Pork shoulder boston butt. I put it in the crockpot and just put salt and pepper on it and sliced onions. I did not put the bbq sauce on it, because I was thinking I would make shredded pork tacos, enchiladas, etc , etc.
the first night I took some of the meat out of the crockpot and put it in a saucepan with some bbq sauce and made the bbq sandwiches.
Then the next night I did the tacos. But that is all I can get, no more good meat, just blobs of fat.
I will check more closely next time and do some trimming before. It did look kinda fatty before I put it in the crockpot, but I just thought, yum more good flavor.
Thanks Mrs Mom and too-old-now!

Pot roast, carrots and potaoes tonight. Pulled pork tomorrow cause my neighborhood store had pork butt roast $0.88/lb. when I shred mine up i just make sure that big fatty chunk gets tossed.

Here is the recipe I follow...I just add a little less water and cut the seasonings in half because I have her cookbook and the cook book says to use the same amounts for an 8lb roast so I half it when I make a smaller one, and make in the crockpot http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ns-smoked-boston-butt-roast-recipe/index.html

Back