What's new

What are you eating right now or the last thing you ate?

lean loin pork cut into 1" cubes and marinated in olive oil, pepper, hot sauce, paprika, and Old Bay seasoning for an hour, then sauteed with onion, green pepper, roasted red pepper and bok choy, and served with perogies.

Weetbics and coffee.
74310-FXYMBM.jpg

^I used to love those as a kid! On cold winter days my mom would put them in a bowl, place a little pat of fresh butter on them, sprinkle them with brown sugar and then pour hot milk over them. Yummy.

Just a cuppa tea.

^On cold winter days my mom would put them in a bowl, place a little pat of fresh butter on them, sprinkle them with brown sugar and then pour hot milk over them. Yummy.
I did not know that they could be eaten like that. Next time its cold here I'll try it. By cold I mean 20 degrees Celsius.
I just have mine with cold milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar. The bricks dont last long enough to break apart.

Weetbix again!

The breakfast my husband Allan made for me; over-easy eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast and coffee. I'm a happy, happy woman! (If a bit over-full...)

I just had coffee and two Viking rolls (small butter cream cakes wrapped in persipan and plain chocolate).

Attachments

• vikingrolls.png
    vikingrolls.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 14
  • smdResistor.png
    smdResistor.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 13
I'm not usually the biggest seafood chowder fan. But at one of the diners near where I live, I just had the best seafood chowder I've ever had!

Unfortunately though, the cup of chowder, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a soda cost me over twelve dollars. It seems as though food is getting more expensive by the month.

Unfortunately though, the cup of chowder, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a soda cost me over twelve dollars. It seems as though food is getting more expensive by the month.

Food is MUCH more affordable if you make it yourself. I'm still too lazy myself though most of the time, but I often get food from the supermarket which is close to handmade food.

But when you do make food yourself, you'll discover it's well worth it:

For example, get a pack of flour, butter, eggs and milk and then look what you can do with them (look up recipes online for instance) ... the possibilities are almost endless, and it doesn't cost much.
For instance, you can make: pancakes (which btw are better w/o raising agent), cake, cookies, bread, various types of sauces, omelets, etc.

If you get potatoes for instance, they're very versatile as well. You can make: potato pancakes, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, French fries, potato salad, etc.

Get a head of cabbage, and you can live off of it for days, and combine it with other things for various other food items, like cabbage rolls, coleslaw,

And all this costs virtually nothing and you can live off of it for days.

This way, food prices will have much less of an impact on you.

p.s.: Here in the Starlight Diner subforum, I posted some recipes for people like myself that were never taught cooking and have to discover it from scratch. Perhaps they're of some use. ;)

Back