What's new

What are you eating right now or the last thing you ate?

I'm not eating anything right now, as I want to stay away from food after supper. But if I could have anything, I'd have an ice cream sandwich - right now! It's been so long since I had one.

I just ate six Maultaschen (just found out today how to heat them in the microwave with fat).

They're so yummy!! :angel:

I could eat them all day long! ;)

(they taste sort of like good, spicy, sausage dough wrapped in good noodle dough)

I just ate six Maultaschen (just found out today how to heat them in the microwave with fat).

They're so yummy!! :angel:

I could eat them all day long! ;)

(they taste sort of like good, spicy, sausage dough wrapped in good noodle dough)
like ravioli my son I think would like to try those, what sort of sauce do you serve these with.?

like ravioli my son I think would like to try those, what sort of sauce do you serve these with.?

Maultaschen are pretty large (the small ones about two inches wide, three inches long and more than half an inch thick), with a rich filling of usually meat, spinach, bread, onions, spices, and other fun stuffs. ;)
Those are usually served either in boullion (plain soup) or (cut up and fried) with fried onions and butter on top. Because of their intensive taste, even heating them in water or fat is often enough.

Ravioli often have a rather bland filling, but there's a great variety of types. There are ones filled with cheeses, meat, or spinach. (Similar to tortelloni or tortellini)
Those are often served in tomato sauce or soup (which also provides the taste). They often come canned in some kind of tomato sauce.

But both types can be made manually and then you can fill them with whatever you want. But people don't usually do that anymore nowadays.
If I happen to try a recipe someday and know that it works, I'll post it in one of our food forums. :)

Our cuisine in Rhineland Palatinate is often jokingly summarized as "Weck, Worschd un' Wei" (bread roll, sausage and wine), so we often wander to other German or foreign cuisines to get more variety. Maultaschen are a Swabian specialty. (In fact, Maultaschen and Spaetzle (hand made quick noodles) are the most well-known food items from there)

Many of the "bad" German food items that you might heard of come from Rhineland Palatinate, like Saumagen (pig stomach filled with meat and potatoes and cooked), Sauerkraut (pickled cabbage), and Bratwurst (fried sausage) has it's original yucky-looking type from here, same for Leberwurst (liver sausage) and other stuff. In Rhineland-Palatine, taste matters more than looks. It can look totally ugly, like eaten three times over, but if it tastes good, it's okay. ;)

Maultaschen from Swabia also don't look like something edible inside, but they taste totally awesome! ;)

I like Italian food too: Looks good, tastes good. ;)

Maultaschen are pretty large (the small ones about two inches wide, three inches long and more than half an inch thick), with a rich filling of usually meat, spinach, bread, onions, spices, and other fun stuffs. ;)
Those are usually served either in boullion (plain soup) or (cut up and fried) with fried onions and butter on top. Because of their intensive taste, even heating them in water or fat is often enough.

Ravioli often have a rather bland filling, but there's a great variety of types. There are ones filled with cheeses, meat, or spinach. (Similar to tortelloni or tortellini)
Those are often served in tomato sauce or soup (which also provides the taste). They often come canned in some kind of tomato sauce.

But both types can be made manually and then you can fill them with whatever you want. But people don't usually do that anymore nowadays.
If I happen to try a recipe someday and know that it works, I'll post it in one of our food forums. :)

Our cuisine in Rhineland Palatinate is often jokingly summarized as "Weck, Worschd un' Wei" (bread roll, sausage and wine), so we often wander to other German or foreign cuisines to get more variety. Maultaschen are a Swabian specialty. (In fact, Maultaschen and Spaetzle (hand made quick noodles) are the most well-known food items from there)

Many of the "bad" German food items that you might heard of come from Rhineland Palatinate, like Saumagen (pig stomach filled with meat and potatoes and cooked), Sauerkraut (pickled cabbage), and Bratwurst (fried sausage) has it's original yucky-looking type from here, same for Leberwurst (liver sausage) and other stuff. In Rhineland-Palatine, taste matters more than looks. It can look totally ugly, like eaten three times over, but if it tastes good, it's okay. ;)

Maultaschen from Swabia also don't look like something edible inside, but they taste totally awesome! ;)

I like Italian food too: Looks good, tastes good. ;)
If you find a recipe that works for you and you post it, I will make it for my son.

Turkey steak with hunter style (mushroom) sauce and rice. Microwave dinner, but tastes good.

For brunch made bacon and eggs, toast, served with sliced tomato and a cheese slice.

Brioche - a French slightly sweet yeast cake that looks a bit like bread (goes well with coffee)

This (click to enlarge) :

dessert_darkchoco-02_375x455.png

alpro soya dark chocolate dessert, it's sort of like pudding, only with soy milk. It's the best-tasting chocolate pudding I ever ate, with plenty of cocoa. If you ever come across this, give it a go. ;)

This (click to enlarge) :

View attachment 5267

alpro soya dark chocolate dessert, it's sort of like pudding, only with soy milk. It's the best-tasting chocolate pudding I ever ate, with plenty of cocoa. If you ever come across this, give it a go. ;)
I would like this product yum. If I see this, I will be sure to try it.

Back