What's new

What are your favorite sports movies?

Remember The Titans
The Longest Yard (original)
Moneyball
Rocky

These are probably my most sports movies of all time, each and everyone of them has quality acting and an excellent plot surrounding it.

lol - Im sitting here watching blades of glory :) Yeah its about ice Skating - but my god it is so fricking funny :)

I am a billiards player so I would have to say The Hustler. Although it is a little outdated, it was such an enjoyable and powerful movie to watch.

I probably wouldn't recommend to any one who at least isn't a little familiar with pool, but it is a great movie for the lovers of the game.

Remember the Titans! One of my all time favorite movies. Probably in my top 10 all time.

One of my favorite sports movies is Coach Carter. I never get tired of watching this movie every time it shows on television. It's actually also one of the very few DVDs that I have.

Well being an MMA fan I may be biased but I thought in terms of the emotional roller coaster, Warrior ticked all the boxes. Whilst being relatively faithful to the sport it had a gripping enough story line without it. Allowing it to be free of a lot of potential cliches.

Dodgeball! I know it's a comedy movie and it's not entirely about the sport per se, but it's just hilarious. Genius writing.

Remember the Titans
Miracle
Rocky
Field of Dreams
Million Dollar Baby

in that order

I just watched Invincible the other day on T.V. with Mark Whalberg in it. Was a pretty good movie I like the underdog type of sports movies, just shows what hard work and dedication can really achieve for you. Of course like many others said in this thread, Remember the Titans will always be a sports movie classic.

The other night Tin Cup came on at twelve am, naturally I chose to watch it untill 2:30am in the morning.

Love the go for it or lose it all style that the main character players(forget his name). After watching the movie I always think Gary McCord should of went into movies, would of been halioius.

Baseball: The Pride of the Yankees (even though I hate the Yankees)

Football: The Longest Yard (the original version - Adam Sandler can't hold a candle to Burt Reynolds)

Hockey: Miracle (Kurt Russell has Herb Brooks down to a T)

Basketball: Hoosiers (inspiring story)

Golf: Caddyshack (a laugh a minute)

Boxing: Rocky (the sequels pale in comparison)

Bowling: King Pin (much like Caddyshack - it has a great bunch of one liners)

Gonna have to say Rocky, again it's the underdog story, and let's be honest who doesn't root for the underdog? It's a really great film where you get to see the way fame changes everything for someone that's never had anything in his life. In a way you can relate to rocky in that you know you have to bust your **** if you want to get your chance in the spotlight.

Million Dollar Baby. Maybe not for its sport, but for the drama involved. It was just amazing.

Rudy for an NFL film even holds sway in Australia, very uplifting and makes you shed a few man tears the first time you see it.

Fire in Babylon is a great cricket documentary/movie (in the same vain as "When we were Kings"). It centres around the West Indies cricket team in the 70s and 80s when they possessed the most aggressive pace attack in the world. Very interesting.

Warrior, Coach Carter, Rocky Balboa and The Fighter

Coach Carter and The Fighter are both based on true story, very inspiring.

I did enjoy Warrior but tend to prefer comedy sports movies, like Dodgeball and Cool Runnings :)

Bigger, stronger, faster.

Great documentary showing truth in sport. I highly recommend you watch it. It's on youtube, all 12 parts.

My favorites are Remember the Titans, Radio and The Blindside. I guess I must really like football.

Back