What's new

what did you learn today?

today i learned that sliced black olives and chopped black olives are NOT the same thing at all :eek:

I learned that leaving work for a week, even if it is for a business trip, causes you to have a whole pile of work when you get back.

1) When someone leaves the sink running in the mop room at your place of employment... It is extremely irritating.

2) When left alone to run 3 food decks in a cafeteria, expect some serious back pain later.

3) There are more plastic flamingos than real live ones in the U.S.

1.) That there isn't a carpet cleaner in the world, no matter how much it claims to, will get kool aid red kool aid off my tan carpet. :ticked:

2.) Things in my side mirror really are CLOSER then they appear!

Things I learned this week.....

(1) Cleaning out the refrigerator can be hazardous to your health.

(2) My dog tends to poop in a mostly westerly area of my backyard.

(3) Some people in this neighborhood really get upset when my dog poops anywhere in THEIR yard.

(4) Uppity neighborhood cats think I put the truckload of nice white beach sand by my front walkway just so they would have an aesthetically pleasing place to poop.

(5) Crime shows on TV are gettin weirder and weirder and more gross each week....shows like CSI, etc....which show putrified corpses in various stages of decomposition and mutilation. I fail to see the entertainment value in such ghoulish imagery.

(6) Small time robbers here seem to think waitresses at Cracker Barrell carry a lot of cash around. (two were robbed here this week)

(7) An old 90's model Lincoln Town Car is not the vehicle of choice to convert to a "low rider" machine....the gas tank scrapes the asphalt each time a pot hole or speed bump is encountered. (saw this on the street this week)

(8) Glock automatic handguns will sometimes accidentally? fire themselves or so it seems.

(9) Starbucks coffee and other hot caffiene drinks are like 10 times more expensive than gasoline.

(10) A policemen on horseback here will give you a ticket for no seatbelt in a parking lot if you are dumb enough to drive close enough to admire his horse.

that as much as you think things have changed ... they really haven't :rolleyes:

to never eat something during the funniest part of a funny movie- twaas not a fun experience! :lol:

Buttocks are soreing after snowboard :lol:

today i learned where comfort inn cocoa beach is, after driving twice as far as i should have. at least.

To stop making bets with my husband and loosing. I bet him today that he will not make it in time picking our daughter up at school. Well guess what....We arrived just when she was lining up to go onto the bus. :lol:

*That my ears are too small for these little round headphones that you stick in your ears that came with my mp3 player- trying to jam them in causes much pain and destruction! Glad I have another pair to use that don't kill my ears! (don't worry- I didn't damage the inner canal part, just badly reddened outter part, and that'll heal)

*I learned this one a couple weeks ago, but handling mashed garlic in cooking really isn't all that gross

*That he's not using me for just that one thing... and that he has a little bit of an impulsive streak, although I knew that one a while ago...

*That one simple l-i-t-t-l-e move can pull your **** shoulder muscle!

Back