What's new

What do you usually have for dinner?

Trellum

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
In my family we don't eat dinner together, mostly because we barely have any dinner; we like to keep it as light as possible (specially my mom and I). I know that a lot families around the world like to have dinner together, sitting arround the table and such. The family of my boyfriend is like that, but the difference between his family and mine (apart from his' eating dinner together) is that the dinners his parents prepare are too heavy for my taste!

Actually he comes from a country where dinner is the main meal of the day, which is odd for me, because in my place the main meal is the lunch. I like to keep my dinners as light as possible: eating fruit or cereal mostly. His family on the other hand... prepares a whole main course for dinner! I don't know how that people can sleep at night :D

I often wonder... what if I marry this guy? I'll have no choice but to prepare a whole main course for dinner as well :eek: Eeek...!

What about you? What do you usually have for dinner? Do you eat it alone or with the family?

I also don't really have dinner. I always grew up on having a big breakfast and lunch and then after those meals I would eat fruits or have dessert with tea.
I feel like my dinner is usually tea and a sandwich or just some fruits or yogurt. The point is to have something very light because I usually try to never eat after 6 pm because I like to watch my weight and having a big dinner would just ruin that routine for me at this point.

Are we talking about English dinner or American dinner? As I believe they're different meals entirely >.>

I rarely eat dinner. Hell, I rarely eat meals these days, I just stuff my face with snacks and junk food.

I eat dinner regularly, and around the table with my family.
Sometimes I go out and get stuff if they are away out without me, or I'm away out for the night.

If anything I feel like it is a little strange for families to be dining together every night. When I get my food I like to go off up into my room, find something to watch on the laptop and then eat whilst watching something that I enjoy. That doesn't mean that I don't have a connection with my family. But I do not want to be forced to interact with them. I want to talk to them when it comes naturally, and it is not natural - for me personally - to be eating and making conversation at the same time. I like silence, save whatever show I am watching.

I don't have a set thing for diner each night either. it depends on what is in the house and what I can cook lol.

I feel eating in your room is pretty disgusting. Bugs are attracted to it most of the time, and I have learned that the hard way. I usually go to the living room and either eat alone, or eat with my family. What I have usually bounces up and down since I don't get attached to one food. I would say the most frequently eaten meal is rice with some vegetables and chicken. Other times, I would just go to the mall, and order some KFC, McDonalds, or anything else that looks tasty to me at the time.

I wouldn't eat nearly as much if I didn't have to cook so much. Lunch usually canned soup and sandwich, Supper time meat, potatoes, salad or a cooked vegetable. My kids won't eat potatoes. Hubby loves his spuds. Dessert sometimes. I like making fast, quick, tasty, desserts like strawberry shortcake. I really like baked puddings, but don't make them.

I come from a family where eating breakfast at 12:00pm, lunch at 5:00 and dinner at 10:00pm is perfectly normal, and eating cereal or something light like that is pretty outrageous.

surprisingly, we're not all obese ;)

Back