What's new

What is your take on the Arizona illegal immigration situation?

Tazznum1

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm not Mexican. I have lived in Mesa, AZ about 12 years ago. Illegals back then were in massive quantities, I can only imagine now.

Something has to be done. I guess the current admin doesn't really care about legal citizens rights.

Do I hate Obama? Did I hate Bush?

No. I hate their specific stances on issues. This is one of them. If the Federal gov't doesn't want to get their hands dirty, states will have to try to do something........anything.

Now I know the law in AZ won't be enforceable, but at least they tried.

Doode. One locked thread isn't enough? :hides:
1.gif

I was so totally thinking the same thing when I saw this.

:giggles: I think Jill put her up to it.......she's never liked me......worried I'll drink her booze. :lol:

I agree with Tazzy on this one. Something definitely has to be done. If you're here illegally, you don't have civil rights that need to be protected - at least not in this country. Do I think it went too far - yeah but when nothing is being done about a problem that plagues their state you can't blame them for trying. Maybe they wanted this bill to be so outlandish that it would get debate going and maybe get something actually accomplished.

Al Sharpton was all over tv this weekend and he was all in a tizzy. He's gonna lead a march to AZ to protest this bill. Gimme a **** break. :surrender:

As far as locked threads, Tazzy owns the place so I think this one is safe. :giggles:

Ooooh. You are opening a can of worms. I am sure I am going to be called a bleeding heart liberal because I think this law will contribute to racial profiling. I think it is going to be a huge mess with a lot of angry people on each side.

I think the key to dealing with this situation is really tough penalties for employers who actively employ the illegals. Like jail time.

Millions of illegals have Tax ID numbers and pay taxes every year so how can they not know who their employers are.

I guess I missed that thread. :lol:

How do they get a tax ID?

I'm really clueless on that.

I live in Texas and only hope we can do the same as Arizona for our state. Those that cross the border and wait in the hospital parking lots until their contractions start, and then go into the hospital, which now cannot legally turn them away, give birth to an AMERICAN citizen and then that child is now entitled to ALL the welfare available. This welfare for that child is now shared for everyone in the family, who are illegals. Just because you cross the border and have your kid in a Texas hospital should NOT automatically make you an American citizen! As far as racial profiling, there has to be a reason in order to ask. As far as the cry regarding families being split up -- that goes to my first comment. You are an illegal, regardless of your American child. If you need to be sent back to Mexico, then take your child with you! You don't have to be split up!

:wow: I can tell theres going to be a fight up in this ****....

signed,

the white-est mexican you'll ever meet

:wow: I can tell theres going to be a fight up in this ****....

signed,

the white-est mexican you'll ever meet

You keep tryin' to sell it, but I'm not buyin' it! :lol:

I'm not here to instigate a fight. I'm just wondering if others have ideas/alternatives to stop the illegal activity.

My peeps came from England, Italy and Poland about 120 years ago and grandfather on my fathers side came over about 100 years ago. If any of them could hop a fence instead of all the paperwork and $ plus that super iffy boat ride they did, I'm sure they would have.

But my question is this, why should some illegal activity done by people who are not citizens be overlooked? I'm not saying all illegals are criminals, but crime is higher in low income areas and this doesn't take into account non-reported crimes.

Sadly if we have a new influx of another immigrant group that will work cheaper than Mexicans, Mexicans will be tossed to the wayside. And I know Mexicans BUST THEIR ****, but employers that hire them, for the most part, see them as disposable. They'll just replace them with another illegal.

When they get hurt or old or have a disease, employers toss them away.

I doubt by checking them on the street is going to stop the problem.
We face the same issue in Malaysia, the police put up road blocks (slow down traffics and caused jam!), put them in detention center(have to feed them!) and send them home by boat load. Most show up again few weeks later, may be with a different passport!

I'm not here to instigate a fight. I'm just wondering if others have ideas/alternatives to stop the illegal activity.

My peeps came from England, Italy and Poland about 120 years ago and grandfather on my fathers side came over about 100 years ago. If any of them could hop a fence instead of all the paperwork and $ plus that super iffy boat ride they did, I'm sure they would have.

But my question is this, why should some illegal activity done by people who are not citizens be overlooked? I'm not saying all illegals are criminals, but crime is higher in low income areas and this doesn't take into account non-reported crimes.

Sadly if we have a new influx of another immigrant group that will work cheaper than Mexicans, Mexicans will be tossed to the wayside. And I know Mexicans BUST THEIR ****, but employers that hire them, for the most part, see them as disposable. They'll just replace them with another illegal.

When they get hurt or old or have a disease, employers toss them away.

Any illegal who breaks the law should be instantly deported.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be overlooked, but there hasn't been any real change since the amnesty that Reagan granted back in 1986.

If we jailed the CEOs of any company that employed any illegal immigrant no matter where they are from then maybe there would be a change.

I think we need tough penalties for the employers that exploit them.

I live in Texas and only hope we can do the same as Arizona for our state. Those that cross the border and wait in the hospital parking lots until their contractions start, and then go into the hospital, which now cannot legally turn them away, give birth to an AMERICAN citizen and then that child is now entitled to ALL the welfare available. This welfare for that child is now shared for everyone in the family, who are illegals. Just because you cross the border and have your kid in a Texas hospital should NOT automatically make you an American citizen! As far as racial profiling, there has to be a reason in order to ask. As far as the cry regarding families being split up -- that goes to my first comment. You are an illegal, regardless of your American child. If you need to be sent back to Mexico, then take your child with you! You don't have to be split up!

I agree that crossing the border and having your baby should not gain them instant citizenship, but that is currently how the law works.

As far as splitting up families goes, what do you do if the illegal parents decide to leave the American citizen baby behind. I can see that happening if they truly believe it will have a better life.

You keep tryin' to sell it, but I'm not buyin' it! :lol:

What do I gotta do get all Loca on you?? Tell you what, come over for some Mexican food... you'll never doubt me again... chica :lol:

What do I gotta do get all Loca on you?? Tell you what, come over for some Mexican food... you'll never doubt me again... chica :lol:

Oooh, fiesta at Piggy's place! :hiphip:

Back