What's new

What sport do you think qualifies the least as a sport?

Not sure if this is considered a sport or not but competitive eating IMO is not a sport. It is stupid to do that to yourself. I don't see why this activity was even invented!

Not sure if this is considered a sport or not but competitive eating IMO is not a sport. It is stupid to do that to yourself. I don't see why this activity was even invented!

I don't think it has ever been considered a sport. I did meet an eater one time, he seriously can he tons and tons of food without stopping.

For me personally I think Golf is a sport that I think qualifies the least as a sport. I understand there's definately a skill aspect to it but it is definately not physically challenging, it obviously requires a lot of practise but considering it's a sport that old men play regularly it's nowhere near on the same level to sports like basketball or boxing.

I don't find golf to be an athletic activity at all, so therefore as I said. All you do is simply hit a small ball into hole. There's no physical activity involved at all, in my opinion.

How can everyone here be saying Golf? Fishing is way less qualified to be a sport I mean not everyone can play golf there is a lot of skill required but fishing? I mean I can't fish like the pros do but I can still catch fish lol hardly any skill in fishing imo

It depends on how you define sport. There are things that can be considered a sport- take croquet for instance that is not an athletic event. Likewise there are many things that are incredibly athletic that I don't considered sports because there is not really competition- take cheerleading (as in cheering at a game, not competition)

I didn't even know fishing was categorized as a sport. How is it even a sport though? As far as I'm concerned, you just pick the right bait, the right location and you need the patience for it.

Probably fishing. At least golf requires some kind of athletic ability.

I don't do fishing myself, but I sometimes watch the fishing&hunting channel. Yes, you could say, that there are a lot of obese fishers, but when they're after a monster fish on the Amazonas, they get really sweaty, and that fight can be quite an exercise! And it can last for several hours. So I won't cry down these men and women.

How can everyone here be saying Golf? Fishing is way less qualified to be a sport I mean not everyone can play golf there is a lot of skill required but fishing? I mean I can't fish like the pros do but I can still catch fish lol hardly any skill in fishing imo

Golf is definitely more of a sport than fishig is. I do go fishing now and then, but I think it's a hobby, not a sport.

People are underestimating what a physical toll racing takes on the body.

Did you know it takes about 60lbs of force to turn the wheels? And it's so hot in the car, plus the work the guys are doing, it's not not unusual for guys to lose 8lbs in a single race.

Well I personally think anything can be considered a sport. Now an athletic activity is a different thing. Sports are competitive, like cards, fishing, hunting, etc. but athletic events are things like soccer, basketball, football, etc. I think a lot of people just don't get what a sport is, otherwise there wouldn't be as many of these threads asking what is not a sport.

I do not think video games are a sport. They do not require physical prowess, all you need to do is have a ton of free time to get good.

I disagree, surely anyone can play golf, how hard is it to hit a ball with a stick?! With fishing you have to know where to fish, what bait to use, how to cast etc.

However, I think both fit the definition of sports so in response to the overall question I can't think of one that least qualifies.

First of all, we need to know what does "sport" mean.
Sport is all forms of competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical fitness and provide entertainment to participants.

So, if sport is a physical activity, which maintain or improve physical fitness I would say that Chess or Fishing aren't sports for example. Anyway, I think each person has a different idea for the word "sport"

Golf!

I've always thought that golf was a respectable game , but not a sport.

First of all, we need to know what does "sport" mean.

So, if sport is a physical activity, which maintain or improve physical fitness I would say that Chess or Fishing aren't sports for example. Anyway, I think each person has a different idea for the word "sport"

Fishing includes physical activity if you are trying to catch a real huge fish, don't you see how those guys struggle to reel them in?

So now people are calling poker a sport. Are you serious? If this is a sport then my 92 year old grandmother is ready for her picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated and her sneaker deal from Nike. They shouldn't even be allowed to use the words "World Series" when describing their top event. If something can be done from start to finish without getting up from your chair, I think its a little hard to call that a sport.

Fishing includes physical activity if you are trying to catch a real huge fish, don't you see how those guys struggle to reel them in?

Well, if you see it in that way fishing could be a sport. When I said fishing, I was picturing an old man catching a small fish. My mistake, you are right

I agree with MMark about what he said about Poker, it's not a sport and it will never be one

When you said fishing, I pictured an old man catching the golden fish :))) That would deserve a trophy. :))

I would say curling. But that's just because of my own ignorance, I bet if I understood it more I would say it's at least kind of a sport. Fishing to me is not a sport either, it's just catching random fish beneath the surface of the water. I think it's a little bit too unstructured and random to be considered a sport.

Back