What's new

What to do with clogged bathtub drain?

My husband bought a bottle of chemical from Menards, pour it down then used a 25 ft power declogger to drill, I think it's a little over killed. May be you can try the chemical first.

My home is over 40 years old, so it is old. By the way, where did you buy Enforcer 10 minute hair clog remover? I google this product. It seems that Kmart has the smaller size, but Kmart is nowhere near me. Ace Hardware has the 64 oz which is quite pricey. Do you know whether Menard, Home Depot or Lowes carry the smaller one? Thank you for your help!

I got mine from......

Ace is the place for your helpful hardware man!!!:giggles:

It's pricey, but it works!

....and it's cheaper than a Plumber!

My dad was one! :giggles:

My husband bought a bottle of chemical from Menards, pour it down then used a 25 ft power declogger to drill, I think it's a little over killed. May be you can try the chemical first.

What kind of chemical? My problem is that I don't know how to use a power declogger.

What kind of chemical? My problem is that I don't know how to use a power declogger.

Now you know I love to talk plumbing!.

There are hand crank snakes for under $5.00 at Menard, HD, or Lowes.

Don't use those plastic thorny things for $1.98

pACE3-12145196enh-z7.jpg

Menards has them cheaper than Ace.

Ok...I used this the last time mine clogged....

Enforcer 10 minute hair clog remover.

I let it sit overnight ....for good measure!

Steve, I am really confused here when it comes to the price of this product.

http://www.sears.com/kmart-enforcer...0000005169911P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1445583

The one from Sears/Kmart & the one from Ace Hardware look the same to me. Am I wrong? Why such big price difference?

I loooooove those plastic thorny things for my pipes! :lol: that sounds bad!

But it always has unclogged my pipes!

The Ace one is for 8 bottles of the stuff.

One should do ya.

Don't you just love talking clogged pipes on a Thursday night!:snort:
:yes:

I have a ****tail..............do you? :bee:

I loooooove those plastic thorny things for my pipes! :lol: that sounds bad!

But it always has unclogged my pipes!

They don't go far enough into the drains to get some clogs and get caught on the joints of the pipes and break off.....then you have a bigger problem.

Dont know if this has been said but put a bunch of baking soda in the drain, then pour vinegar over it. Let it sit 10 min or so and then flush it with hot water

Dont know if this has been said but put a bunch of baking soda in the drain, then pour vinegar over it. Let it sit 10 min or so and then flush it with hot water

I think that was tried.......

which is good to do....as a monthly kind of thing.

Back