What's new

What was your greatest moment in sports?

ron_mexico

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I think mine was while I was playing in a local basketball league in 8th grade. We won the championship and that was a great achievement for myself. I could finally brag about being a champion.

I have found that my greatest moments in sports have always been when I'm playing a football. Whenever I catch an interception, adrenaline always kicks in and I always feel great when I'm in this moment.

When I quit team sports and started focusing on myself in bodybuilding lol. Though the team sports weren't really played after high school anyways. O well though life goes on to bigger and better things :).

attachment.php

BAM!

Kind Regard's

CharlieDeff

Attachments

• arnold-schwarzenegger-roids2.jpg
    arnold-schwarzenegger-roids2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 45
I won state in hockey one year. I had a goal in the state game!!! Really exciting since it was the biggest crowd I have ever played in!

I scored 24 points and hit a game winning 3-pointer in a high school basketball game.

At a basketball summer camp I attended when I was 12 or so I made a halfcourt shot to force OT, then scored 8 points in the five minute OT period to carry my team to the victory. It was awesome.

My freshmen year in High School me and my co-captain lead our team to the school's FIRST wrestling National Championship, that was a really proud moment for me because there were people that didn't think we could do it.
To top it off later that year we won a regional title for weightlifting, which I was on that team too.

I was actually a benchwarmer (basketball) back in 6th grade. I was subbed in, got 15 points and carried the team to victory!

My greatest moment was blocking a shot against the backboard in a one possession game at the district championship in high-school. I'll remember that one forever.

I scored four touchdowns in one game at Polk High.

For me it was sophomore year in high school. Our golf team was in the qualifying tournament for the state championships. I was the 6th and final player to make the trip. It was myself, two other sophomores, 1 junior, and two seniors. I was pretty much the worst player of the six. To make a long story short, I finnished my round and went into the clubhouse to meat up with my team, and because of the 80 that i shot we just made it into the states. They were all flipping out because they didn't expect me to shoot an 80. So then we all went and celebrated.

I was actually a benchwarmer (basketball) back in 6th grade. I was subbed in, got 15 points and carried the team to victory!

I love moments when the benchwarmer comes in and performs much better than the athlete who starts over him. I always love to root for the less athletically gifted people but make up for it in heart and determination.

My greatest achievement was while playing basketball, for my school in a national level tournament. I came on a second half substitute ( we were trailing by 26 ) and scored six 3 pointers at a stretch. I ended up with 38 points for the match and my team won by 2 points. That is my greatest achievement and I will never ever forget that day in my life.

Mine was in a softball tournament when I was 21. It was also my most painful! lol I played first base and the batter hit a long ball. After she passed 2st I went to back up the catcher in case she tried for a home run. She did try for it, and the ball thrown in went over the catchers head and I covered the plate. The catcher retrieved and threw me the ball, I turned to tag the runner, and she went airborn and cleated me with both feet. One to my hand and one to the leg. I suffered a broken hand, ankle and leg....BUT...I managed to hold on to the ball and she was out!!!

Playing in a college select tournament with not one single scout looking at me. They were there for some of my teammates and watching some of the players from the "select" teams from around the Northeast.

We played some teams that were way better than us but I managed to go the entire tournament without giving up a goal. We lost in the finals in a shootout and the scouts definitely took notice. I didn't end up playing in college but it was a great feeling that by the quarterfinals all the scouts were watching us play and talking to my dad and coach about me.

Mine was in the 3rd round of the playoffs of football. Won at the very end due to a goal line stand. **** was the most crazy game I ever played. Soooo crazy.

I actually grew up as a really fat kid and have now become athletic in college, so I never played a lot of organized sports. However, I did play basketball one year in Jr. High. I wasn't very good, but I remember we were down by two points with about 10 seconds left in the first half. I hit a three at the buzzer to give us the lead going into halftime. I still remember how proud I was of myself.

Haha! This actually does sound like a pretty great moment:). It reminds me of underdogs like Jeremy Lin that come of no where and help their team!

Haha! This actually does sound like a pretty great moment:). It reminds me of underdogs like Jeremy Lin that come of no where and help their team!

Do you remember that autistic kid Jason McElwain that came in the game and made all those 3-pointers. That was an awesome story when it first came out.

My greatest moment in sports is when I won a tennis match with my friend by a landslide. I don't exactly remember the details of the scene, but it was quite incredible. Completely unforgettable.

Back