What's new

what were you in highschool?

I pretty much fit in with everyone in HS. I was a jock so I could hang with that crowd which was kind of the cool kliq in our school, but I was also a dork so I had friends in that group too. I was in the high level classes so I could get along with those kids but I was lazy and didn't want to do **** in class so I fit in well with the kids who weren't on that level as well.

But even though I was comfortable with any group I was also uncomfortable everywhere. I always felt like I fit in but didn't actually belong anywhere. I think I only had a couple of real friends but they are still my friends today.

And I have not been to a HS reunion yet and never will go.

diddy said:
halfway through my senior year I found out I was pregnant.

and thats when all the "Friends" I thought I had, bailed on me.

****es.

The only person I talk to still from high school is Stina.

:mad: i seriously hate people so much. that sucks.

fortunately, i've never been in a similar situation where my friends bailed on me, although i know some of them had it in them.
there was one time where i started a relationship with one of my friends (most of them were guys) which went on for a few months, we broke up, nothing overly dramatic but i was angry with him for some reason or another, and every single friend sided with me. they stopped inviting him to parties, the whole shebang. even the people that i'd been friends with for only a few years who had been friends with him since early childhood. but, i get the feeling that not much of it was to do with me feeling hurt. :rolleyes:
**** and blonde hair, you can rule the planet.

Eison said:
I pretty much fit in with everyone in HS. I was a jock so I could hang with that crowd which was kind of the cool kliq in our school, but I was also a dork so I had friends in that group too. I was in the high level classes so I could get along with those kids but I was lazy and didn't want to do **** in class so I fit in well with the kids who weren't on that level as well.

But even though I was comfortable with any group I was also uncomfortable everywhere. I always felt like I fit in but didn't actually belong anywhere. I think I only had a couple of real friends but they are still my friends today.

And I have not been to a HS reunion yet and never will go.

:)
you end up managing to know everything about everyone else, yet noone knows you. i also spread myself thinly amougst my friendships. everyone's second best friend. :)

I was definitely a geek. But not a grade-grubbing one. I had excellent grades, but not from studying...in fact I rarely did homework and hardly studied for tests, but people had the idea that I studied all the time. I spent most of my time hanging out with friends and playing video games.

I had friends, but not much of a social life until halfway through high school, and then it was mostly with people from a different school. I didn't really fit into any particular groupd - I got good grades and didn't party too much, but I played on the hockey team for 4 years and was really into punk music...so I was kind of all over the place.

kelkel said:
you end up managing to know everything about everyone else, yet noone knows you. i also spread myself thinly amougst my friendships. everyone's second best friend. :)

I was definitely the opposite. I didn't have a ton of friends, just a bunch of really close ones. That has evened out a bit now, but I still like to be good friends with people I spend time with.

kelkel said:

Yep pretty much. I've been doing that for a long time now.

Kind of fade into the background and keep the focus on everyone else.

Like Eison, I was pretty much nuetral when it came to all the clicks. I had a samll class (150) and I pretty much hung out with all the groups throughout the HS years (from Headbangers to jocks to misfits to geeks). I was not a trouble maker and more of a goofball.

Not much of a ladies man back then. I didn't get "noticed' by the girls until I was a senior.

We had:
The Geeks
The Jocks
The burnouts
The farmers/shop/auto mechanics kids

The strange thing is that the jocks protected the geeks from the burnouts, and the farm kids pretty much stayed to themselves (except for the ones that were also jocks). So the only real rivalry was jocks vs. burnouts.

I was a jock btw but everybody seemed to like me... even the burnouts.

hoob said:
We had:
The Geeks
The Jocks
The burnouts
The farmers/shop/auto mechanics kids

The strange thing is that the jocks protected the geeks from the burnouts, and the farm kids pretty much stayed to themselves (except for the ones that were also jocks). So the only real rivalry was jocks vs. burnouts.

I was a jock btw but everybody seemed to like me... even the burnouts.

you say "burnout" like that's a bad thing...

I guess I was on the periphery of several groups. Was a headbanger all through junior high and most of highschool. Also got good grades and was in all the AP classes with all the brainy kids. Hung out with some of the popular people, some of the "burnouts", and some of the smart kids. As some of you know Newk and I went to high school together and we were close. He's really the only one I've kept up with since HS. A couple others I see every now and then. Didn't go to my 10 year reunion. Probably wont go to the 20 year unless morbid curiosity gets the better of me.

At my school, we had so many different categorizations... There were the Punks, Hippies, Goths, Preps, Geeks, Wiggers, Jocks, Ethnics, Skateboarders, Band Geeks (different than other geeks), Rednecks (machine shop), and Handicappers.

I was a mixture of Punk/Hippie/Goth/Prep/Band Geek... I was not in the band, but a few of my friends were... I was a self loathing, free loving, black clothes & loafers wearing psychopath...

I had more friends out of highschool than in hs, but I did have a big clique at school. I was friends with everyone but close to only one, if that makes any sense.

I hung out with everyone.

From the Jocks to the stoners.

Back