What's new

What's For Dinner?

Depends on how many folks are here...I have DS's 3 kids for the day & don't know if their mom be ableto get here to pick them up ...could be a cardboard pizza night...

Pork chops 'cause that's what I got and I'm not leaving this house!

I have a crock pot version of ratatouille cooking. I also added Italian seasoned ground turkey to it. My crockpot is so full that between leftovers from yesterday and tonight I won't have to do so much tomorrow.

I'm using leftover marina sauce from last night with frozen meatballs and french bread to put together meatball subs, with sweet potatos and a salad.

YAY!!! It stopped snowing & the roads are almost dry, so the troops will be gone by 5:30...and DH is eating supper @ the fire department...So I shall eat whatever I **** please...

Those are the best kind of dinner nights!!! Just worrying about yourself!!! I love those!!! :cartwheel:

It would seem that lobster bisque is not soup- DH is calling it broth since there's no substance to it! I made some for my lunch and offered some to him when I saw him stalking the pantry. I guess I will have to add shrimp and some of the aforementioned crab to make it worth his while to eat... so spoiled.

Thanks to whomever invented the crockpot. Chicken+cream of mushroom soup+packet of dry Italian dressing+4 hours=delicious.

YAY!!! It stopped snowing & the roads are almost dry, so the troops will be gone by 5:30...and DH is eating supper @ the fire department...So I shall eat whatever I **** please...

Those are my favorite too. My 2 kids I can feed whatever but if my DH is coming home, then I have to make a decent dinner. When he's not here, I can and do eat whatever!

Thanks to whomever invented the crockpot. Chicken+cream of mushroom soup+packet of dry Italian dressing+4 hours=delicious.

I just started using my crockpot a lot more in the past couple years after my kids started having more activities and I wasn't around at 4:00 or 5:00 to start dinner.

I can't believe that I didn't use it all the years before when I was first married and working. Like you, I love it now ... been making ribs, pulled pork, all kinds of soup, mac and cheese, you name it. Love, love, love crockpots. I actually have 3 of them in different sizes and with different features LOL.

I used 4 different crock pots over the past years while the guys were growing up and I worked out of the house. Even as an empty nester I still use the crock pretty frequently but now #5 is the little oval one from Wags. Still love my crocks!!

I used crockpot and a rice cooker that can be programed all the times when I was single and working. It's nice to return to ready cooked stew/broth/soups and a good smelling house when you are exhausted!

I am using my crockpot more too and I love having it done ahead of time....The only problem I have is that if I'm actually at home the day I'm using it. It's like I smell it all day and I'm frickin' starving constantly. I eat way more on those days!!!!

Yeah when I have something yummy smelling that is in the crock, the kids come home from school and they are starving and want to eat right away. Too bad they sometimes have to wait 2 more hours.

Not as many leftovers (which is good cause sometimes I can't believe how good the kids are eating) as I thought so I had to make dinner. I just finished since this afternoon and tonight are busy for us. I made red beans and brown rice. It has loads of onions, green peppers, and zucchini in it plus 2 cans diced tomatoes and spices. Looks better than I thought it would. I also made avocado salad. It has 3 avocados cut into bite sized pieces, 1 container of grape tomatoes cut in half, diced red onion, 1 diced whole jalapeno (called for 3 but I didn't feel that brave although some of the fam go with the hotter the better philosophy), chopped fresh cilantro (I love fresh cilantro!!), and then I mixed EVOO, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and poured it over the top. I tested it, and it's good. Lunch is partially made too. It is a combo of smashed chickpeas, tuna, EVOO to moisten and some spices which we will make into sandwiches. Now to clean up!

Meatballs & spaghetti...bread, Jell-O salad...

Do you cook your meatballs before & them put them in the sauce, or add them in raw???...I have always cooked mine ahead, but watching some of the cooking shows they skip that step and simmer the sauce longer...

Meatballs & spaghetti...bread, Jell-O salad...

Do you cook your meatballs before & them put them in the sauce, or add them in raw???...I have always cooked mine ahead, but watching some of the cooking shows they skip that step and simmer the sauce longer...
Well being that my meatballs come frozen in a bag, I cook them first and everyone can take what they want although my people are pretty plain and most don't like meatballs or Italian sausage with their spaghetti. Freaks!

With all this crockpot talk I think more recipes need to be added to the recipe thread! :) I have two crockpots, a 5.5 qt and a 4 qt and absolutely love them! I was trying to find some new recipes to try and a friend mentioned www.crockingirls.com, anyone ever make any of their recipes and enjoyed them? Been wanting to try making a good Mac n cheese out of the crock, luvagreatdeal care to share your recipe?

Meatloaf cupcakes topped with mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed carrots and strawberries, maybe a loaf of crusty bread too.

Back