What's new

Where does the money come from?

I don't understand the purchase of a new car. Why on earth would you consciously buy something that will lose a quarter of its value the instant you take ownership of it? Would you do that with a house? Not unless you are a financial idiot. I can only see someone buying a new car if they plan to use it for 250,000 miles and even that is a stretch.

trying to figure out the neighbors is almost as bad as trying to keep up with all the facebook success stories :giggles: you never know the real story.

Yesterday I was **** deep in dirt, trying to spread the mulch and my helpful neighbor in a really cute expensive jogging outfit stopped by. She didn't understand why I would do that myself - she'll give me the number of her gardener. I mean he only charged her $400 to spread the mulch at her house!! :hb::nopompom:

I would have accidentally on purpose pushed her into the mound of mulch. lol

I would have told her I would have spread it for $200 for her & to call me next time. :lol:

I do have a funny mulch story...

DD18 helped me move 5 yards of mulch a couple weeks ago. I had the village dump it in my side yard & we moved it to my back yard. It was right on the other side of my fence, so you can't see the side yard from the backyard. The other day I hung flower pots on the outside of the gate & told DD18 "Go look outside the gate!" and she very hesitantly said, "Why? If there's a pile of mulch I don't want to see it and you're on your own" and went back inside the house. :snort: She is so lazy. :lol: She also told me on Monday that she hopes to be a sahm mom some day, but "not the way you do it." Apparently I'm doing it wrong. :lol:

You take it to the extreme. She wants to be a stay at inside the home mom. ;)

..the eat bon bons and watch soap operas all day kind of sahm..

When I worked in banking (in HS) it was INCREDIBLE the amount of embezzlement that goes on. My BIL is a VP for >a large bank< and says this has not changed.

trying to figure out the neighbors is almost as bad as trying to keep up with all the facebook success stories :giggles: you never know the real story.

Yesterday I was **** deep in dirt, trying to spread the mulch and my helpful neighbor in a really cute expensive jogging outfit stopped by. She didn't understand why I would do that myself - she'll give me the number of her gardener. I mean he only charged her $400 to spread the mulch at her house!! :hb::nopompom:

Some people do not understand the rewards of doing things yourself. I have always done most stuff myself, and with my hubby of course for the heavy stuff and we have laborers that could do it, but it's a kind of peaceful therapy to do it yourself. Tell here you are a perfectionists and would never trust a lawn company to do it.

Btw, $400 for having a landscape company lay mulch is sounds pretty cheap if they did her whole landscape....just sayin. The average charge to lay mulch is about 75 to 100 bucks a yard just for the labor. Ridiculous I know, but many people can't do physical labor.

May be they have trust fund setup for them?
When I couldn't figure out how someone could afford to send their five children to private school , live in a big house and own new cars while the husband was out of job for more than a year, I checked into the public records, found out the grandma's trust fund owns their home, so they probably don't have to pay mortgage like the rest of us and my guess is the children' education is probably paid by grandma too.

Some people do not understand the rewards of doing things yourself. I have always done most stuff myself, and with my hubby of course for the heavy stuff and we have laborers that could do it, but it's a kind of peaceful therapy to do it yourself. Tell here you are a perfectionists and would never trust a lawn company to do it.

Btw, $400 for having a landscape company lay mulch is sounds pretty cheap if they did her whole landscape....just sayin. The average charge to lay mulch is about 75 to 100 bucks a yard just for the labor. Ridiculous I know, but many people can't do physical labor.

Ya, I understand landscapers cost, she prob did get a good deal or whatever. But still, as I'm hauling my 100 loads of free city mulch, it's just like.....STFU!! :quiet: Am I right?

May be they have trust fund setup for them?
When I couldn't figure out how someone could afford to send their five children to private school , live in a big house and own new cars while the husband was out of job for more than a year, I checked into the public records, found out the grandma's trust fund owns their home, so they probably don't have to pay mortgage like the rest of us and my guess is the children' education is probably paid by grandma too.

LOL okay but where did grandma get the $$$$$$ ?? LOL

If you own your own business there is so much creaivity with finances you can do. I'm not talking negatively or doing anything illegal-that's just the way it is. Conferences and conventions are alwys held in warm weather areas or more touristy areas so that the expenses of a "vacation" can be written off on the "corporation". Docs do that all the time. Working in a bank I'm sure has great perks. I can write off the cost of uniforms and shoes as a nurse. Guess what brand of gym shoes that I just found are heavenly on my jacked up feet. COACH. If I find the same style again I will buy a couple more pairs as they are truly great on my feet. So I will be writing off something of necessity that looks like a luxury item.

Back