What's new

Who do you consider to be the most overrated NBA Players?

Joe Johnson. My god, he should not be getting a max contract. Possibly one of the worst signings in basketball history.

Joe Johnson. My god, he should not be getting a max contract. Possibly one of the worst signings in basketball history.

Good choice I think, but most people don't even know him. The contract he has and the fact that he keeps making All-Star teams despite being nothing special makes him overrated though in my book.

Melo, Lebrick, Bosh... all the players that look like thugs... SMH.

I would have to say that Danny Granger is one of the most overrated players in the league. He has a descent height and is an all-around player. Granger can sink the three, or drive in and finish at the bucket. He has been the Pacer's best player for a couple years now and he helped them make the playoffs last year. This guy deserves more attention.

I would have to say that Danny Granger is one of the most overrated players in the league. He has a descent height and is an all-around player. Granger can sink the three, or drive in and finish at the bucket. He has been the Pacer's best player for a couple years now and he helped them make the playoffs last year. This guy deserves more attention.

What? I think you mean Granger is underrated if he deserve more attention. I certainly hope you don't honestly think he is overrated. This guy get very little attention for the work he puts in.

I also think that Joe Johnson is very overrated. Max contract for this guy is a terrible value.

Melo would definitely fit in the overrated category and so would Amare now. Both are looked at as close to being superstars and both have been performing like decent starter type players. Been a disappointing season for both so far.

Michael Jordan... Teehee. Butt seriously, I'd have to say LeBron. He has not won a championship, yet is getting treated like he has won 7. Win one and then I will respect you.

Carmelo Anthony. I don't see why he is so highly rated. Terrible ball hog.

Lebron - hell you can't doubt his talent, but until he wins the play offs he'll always be regarded as a choker for me. Jordan MVP + rings, Kobe MVP + rings, Lebron MVP + sweet F.A.

And I've no idea how anyone can say Dirk is overrated?! He brought a fresh dimension in how to play forward and finally got a well deserved title.

I agree with you how Carmelo Anthony is really over rated. He's not even that good; I haven't seen him stick out as a leader ever since he got traded to the Knicks.

Michael Jordan... Teehee. Butt seriously, I'd have to say LeBron. He has not won a championship, yet is getting treated like he has won 7. Win one and then I will respect you.

I think Lebron gets too much criticism for not winning a championship if anything. He's the best player in the NBA, so unless you're saying he's better than Jordan, I don't see how he would be overrated. If I'm starting a team, no question I would take Lebron first. Nobody has the type of impact he has on the floor and this is coming from someone who isn't even a Lebron fan.

Good choice I think, but most people don't even know him. The contract he has and the fact that he keeps making All-Star teams despite being nothing special makes him overrated though in my book.

Joe Johnson is the most overrated player in the NBA, bar none. The term overrated in my opinion is still an understatement when you are talking about this guy! imagining the maximum contract he got? jeez, what has he done to his team? his name doesn't even ring to some basketball junkies.

Joe Johnson is the most overrated player in the NBA, bar none. The term overrated in my opinion is still an understatement when you are talking about this guy! imagining the maximum contract he got? jeez, what has he done to his team? his name doesn't even ring to some basketball junkies.

He's still a good player. To be overrated I think you need to have a lot of people think you're good. I think most just think Joe Johnson is a good player, which he is. His salary just doesn't say the same as he's getting a Max deal despite not being a superstar.

It seems this thread has morphed into people listing off players they simply don't like, rather than players that might be overrated.

I don't like LeBron as much as the next guy, but he's having one of the best statistical seasons of all time, and his team is at least in the running for the top seed in the East.

Personally, I would look at Blake Griffin. While the tide is certainly turning as the Clippers seem to be returning to their old ways, it's hard to ignore that Griffin still makes many mistakes. The most obvious is his free throw shooting, which, at 54.8%, is almost down 10% from last year (I won't mention his consecutive airballs from the line).
It seems that Blake could also average many more blocks from the PF position, as he averages less than a block a game at 0.6.

Exciting dunks aside, Griffin has a lot of room for improvement before he can compete with the likes of other forwards such as Kevin Love.

It seems this thread has morphed into people listing off players they simply don't like, rather than players that might be overrated.

I don't like LeBron as much as the next guy, but he's having one of the best statistical seasons of all time, and his team is at least in the running for the top seed in the East.

Personally, I would look at Blake Griffin. While the tide is certainly turning as the Clippers seem to be returning to their old ways, it's hard to ignore that Griffin still makes many mistakes. The most obvious is his free throw shooting, which, at 54.8%, is almost down 10% from last year (I won't mention his consecutive airballs from the line).
It seems that Blake could also average many more blocks from the PF position, as he averages less than a block a game at 0.6.

Exciting dunks aside, Griffin has a lot of room for improvement before he can compete with the likes of other forwards such as Kevin Love.

Blake Griffin is a good pick. Good numbers, but his impact is not as good them I think. His defense is kind of weak, doesn't really block shots despite his athleticism. Most of his points come off garbage buckets or are set up by Paul. He's also a terrible FT shooter on top of that, so you can't give him the ball down the stretch really, because he might get fouled. He's good, but the hype for him being the next big thing isn't accurate. He's just a good 20-10 guy much like Carlos Boozer was for most of his career.

Mine would be Andrew Bogut. He has so many injuries when he was with Bucks. That is why he was traded. I liked him but it was his time to go. But I figure that the Bucks got a better end of the deal when they trade Bogut.

There are many, but the most memorable is Lechoke and Iverson. Iverson is a great player with a big ego. His downfall came when his attitude interfered with his game. Lechoke is a great player that chokes. He thinks that he is the greatest nba player of all time and people seems to agree with it even if he still haven't delivered anything.

Carmelo and Lebron, I think they are both just ball hoggers, Kobe used to be a ball hogger that's why he was having a hard time giving the Lakers a championships but he pulled it off because he changed his game plan. And for that he earned my respect. Carmelo can't go back to the court, I want Lin to stay on the court. If he goes in, the Knicks are going to go down along with Carmelo.

Joe Johnson and Carmelo Anthony. Joe Johnson is good but he doesn't deserve the amount he's getting paid for. Carmelo is highly skilled but his attitude needs to change. It's like he isn't even trying to win.

Joe Johnson and Carmelo Anthony. Joe Johnson is good but he doesn't deserve the amount he's getting paid for. Carmelo is highly skilled but his attitude needs to change. It's like he isn't even trying to win.

That's because he wants to be the hero. Just like Lebron wants to be the hero. No player in the game can't win a game all by himself except for Michael Jordan. But that's what's good about him, if he says he's going to win it, he's going to win it. But these dudes they just want the spotlight. They just want to look cool.

Blak Griffin, I know he is still young and developing but people consider him a too big star. I mean he can dunk, really good, but free throws and block shots are also big in a game and as a PF he should at least have more block shots per game, I mean 0.6 is a bit to low for the C/PF standards especial when you can jump so high as him .

You already mentioned Amare, Deron and Melo. For me it's Dwight Howard. I know he's a legit center that can block, rebound and maybe score but take a look at his versatility, he can't even make jump shots nor make his own graceful move to the basket other than his boring hook shot. He always commits foul and can easily gets into foul trouble because he is not quick on his feet. Can't even shoot free throws. That's the reason why his team can't win playoff games because they focus their offense too much on him.

Back