What's new

Why a prime Mike Tyson beats Vitali Klitschko

Does a prime time Mike Tyson defeat Vitali Klitschko?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prime Mike Tyson would defeat an enraged polar bear if he wanted to! So the answer is obviously yes..

I'm not one of those who thinks prime Tyson would beat anyone but I do think he would beat Vitali Klitschko because in his prime he was a superb inside fighter and Vitali would struggle against this style.
Vitali has an iron chin but if anyone could knock him out on the inside it's Tyson.

Yeah I think that despite Vitali having a great chin, Tyson's uppercut is the type that no one can stay up from.

Vitali's technique isn't the greatest, so the reach while still a huge thing becomes a surmountable challenge for Tyson.

I do think Tyson would win but it really boils down to if Vitali can keep Tyson at bay and off balance with his jab, If Vitali allows Tyson inside even remotely fore a few seconds the chances of Tyson winning go up by a considerable amount, also pointing out Tyson's defense was one of the best his bobbing and weaving were great his side to side movements were so fast. Though if Vitali did keep Tyson at distance and used extremely good footwork and defense then the fight could go Vitali's way but its very doubtful that he could take a prime Tyson. Tyson's power was just to much for most to handle but no doubt that when Tyson went to prision it really changed him and messed up his skill's, Prison basically Mind Screwed Tyson to the point where he just was not the same fighter anymore upon his release.

Kind Regards,

CharlieDeff

I'd say Mike Tyson in his prime definately would slightly edge him out, but we'd be in for a thriller. Vitali can definately take a punch or two, the guy is built from concrete haha.

I feel that Tyson would absolutely destroy Klitschko. I'm talking about it wouldn't get into Round 8. Mike was an absolutely beast in his prime and had knockout power that we had never even see before. Klitschko, on the other hand, hasn't even fought anyone that would go down as one of the top heavyweight fighters ever. The heavyweight division has been so bad for so many years.

I definately think a prime Mike Tyson would be Vitali, I mean his performance against Chisora the other day was pretty poor compred to is usual standard but I've never seen Vitali ever fight even in the same league as Tyson.
Tyson's speed, durability and power would easily overcome Vitali and probably within 6 rounds, there's just no way for Vitali to put Tyson down. Technically I also feel Tyson was better, especially consider the near robotic movements of the Klitschko brothers, Tyson would easily end either of them in his prime.

I think Tyson speed, aggression, head movement and underrated footwork would be too much for Vitali.

But there is a massive height advantage for Vitali although Tyson used to turn his height into an advantage by ducking and bobbing very low down where it was hard for him to be hit.

I think it would be a great and very interesting fight but all we can do is speculate.

Me and my dad were laughing about this during the fight last week. We both laughed at how easily Tyson would've taken Vitali's head off. The guys hands were down at his hips.

Ok' this is the best comparison I could find to how this Mike Tyson vs Vitali Fight would play out, It is Mike Tyson vs Lou Saveresse who is 6'5 so Vitali only has about 2 inches on Savereese. My god Tyson was just Viscous I have no idea what kept Lou standing as long as he did especially after eating tysons uppercut's. If tyson could slip vitali's Jab that easily then it would be over fast.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQDZdAA7iw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQDZdAA7iw[/ame]

CharlieDeff

Oh yea, I definitely think Tyson in his prime days would beat the heck out of Vitali. That guy when he was in his prime was a wrecking machine.

I definately think a prime Mike Tyson would be Vitali, I mean his performance against Chisora the other day was pretty poor compred to is usual standard but I've never seen Vitali ever fight even in the same league as Tyson.
Tyson's speed, durability and power would easily overcome Vitali and probably within 6 rounds, there's just no way for Vitali to put Tyson down. Technically I also feel Tyson was better, especially consider the near robotic movements of the Klitschko brothers, Tyson would easily end either of them in his prime.

To be fair to Vitali he is 40 years old, a decline in his performances are understandable but he remains champion.

Vitali lost to Lennox Lewis, Lewis was underprepared and past his best but still won. I also think a prime Lewis beats a prime Tyson.

Vitali Klitschko would probably win by default. If he got the upperhand during the fight, then Tyson would remove his ear.

Ok' this is the best comparison I could find to how this Mike Tyson vs Vitali Fight would play out, It is Mike Tyson vs Lou Saveresse who is 6'5 so Vitali only has about 2 inches on Savereese. My god Tyson was just Viscous I have no idea what kept Lou standing as long as he did especially after eating tysons uppercut's. If tyson could slip vitali's Jab that easily then it would be over fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQDZdAA7iw

CharlieDeff

I see the point you are trying to get at here. However Saveresse doesnt compare to Klitschko so its hard to say thats how it would play out.

I see the point you are trying to get at here. However Saveresse doesnt compare to Klitschko so its hard to say thats how it would play out.

Yea they aren't even in the same league but as far as looks and height go haha he almost looks like Vitali lol. But im still saying Tyson wins by whatever he want's though I really like what Vitali has done for boxing during this tough long haul dry peroid.

Kind Regard's

CharlieDeff

Back