What's new

Why a prime Mike Tyson beats Vitali Klitschko

Does a prime time Mike Tyson defeat Vitali Klitschko?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vitali Klitschko has a granite chin and a huge height and reach advantage. If Tyson doesn't knock Vital out in the first 3 or 4 rounds, he is in trouble.

Pacquiao's natural fighting weight is around 140 pounds and you think he would wear Tyson down? The typical Tyson fan.

I agree with that, but I think Tyson could knock him out in the very first rounds. And I didn't say Pacquiao would win, he's just a lot faster and smarter than Tyson ever was, that's all. And yes since Lewis has left boxing has become a sad affair.

I think the voting has this down already lol... Iron Mike, I still say hands down every fighter mentioned in this thread would have been battered in Tyson's prime.

I think the voting has this down already lol... Iron Mike, I still say hands down every fighter mentioned in this thread would have been battered in Tyson's prime.

Prime Tyson had stamina issues, his footwork became sloppy when tired and he was easy to hit. If prime Tyson doesn't knock out the greats in the first 3 rounds, he will be in big trouble. I think Lewis would beat prime Tyson.

There's always someone better and Tyson was far from a technical fighter. Of course the right fighter could have beat him earlier. Douglas was a complete joke. Sure Mike wasn't fighting that night, but if a chump like that could ever beat him with not much more than determination, as he did... Tyson just wasn't fighting the right fighters before that point. I grew up watching Ali fight, that's a true great and skilled athlete.

Tyson was nothing more than a pit bull that had total psych-out power. Everyone that fought him was afraid of him. Every fight consisted of people just trying to keep up and match his intensity, and not technically outwit him.

From the time Tyson was popular, it was always mostly the younger guys who loved him. That generation and younger are generally the ones today who still think he was the greatest.

Prime Tyson had stamina issues, his footwork became sloppy when tired and he was easy to hit. If prime Tyson doesn't knock out the greats in the first 3 rounds, he will be in big trouble. I think Lewis would beat prime Tyson.

Agreed with this completley :appl: . Tyson is like a bull, but when he get's tired, he's easy to own.

I disagree. I think prime Tyson would still destroy prime Vitali.
Yeah, but explain how?

Tyson never fought a guy of Vitali's size who also possessed the awkward timing and the excellent control of distance of a prime Vitali.

Vitali has a great chin, you're not getting him out of there with one shot (not to mention that Tyson isn't really a one-punch guy, anyway) and Mike would find it extremely difficult to get his combinations off against Vit.

I'm a huge fan, as you can probably tell by the username, but Mike gets jabbed, countered and tied up on the inside all day by Vitali.

Back