What's new

Will Tiger Woods ever reach the top again?

goodselfme

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Did Tiger Woods see the last of the top of the mountain in golf? Will he ever get to the pinacle once more or will he surface every once in a while and keep going down the list of "best" golfers?

I wouldn't count him out, but he needs a lot of work to get back there. He's older now too, so it will be that much more difficult to do it. I think it would be a great story if he could as he's really had a rough couple of years.

I enjoyed seeing Tiger when he was a toddler. When he was on TV with his dad and he played a game with the game show host, Bob Barker, who was a good golfer then too. He grew up and wowed everyone.It would be a great story is right, for a come back. I don't golf, but I sure like watching that sport.

I wouldn't count him out, but he needs a lot of work to get back there. He's older now too, so it will be that much more difficult to do it. I think it would be a great story if he could as he's really had a rough couple of years.

I agree with this. With Golf you can never rule anybody out. Who would of thought Darren Clarke would win the open last year - it was a great sports story!

I used to like Tiger Woods, but I don't think he will raise up to my expectations ever again. I think he made alot of mistakes in his private life and that's affecting his career.

I used to like Tiger Woods, but I don't think he will raise up to my expectations ever again. I think he made alot of mistakes in his private life and that's affecting his career.

Attitude plays an important part in sports. Tiger has a different attitude since all is personal sexual difficulties came to the public eye. I agree he is greatly affected by those errors which is showing in his game playing.

Golf is a sport one can play well into senior years for some men and women. I believe his attitude is stopping him from excelling once again in golf. Conscience or what ever you want to label it, that is what needs the work to regain his performance. His ego is damaged and it is hurting his game playing.

He is not older! As far as golfers go he is in his prime at 36. I think he just seems old because he has been in the PGA for so long. They say say that golfers play best when they are between 34 and 40. Lets not forget that Phil is five years older than him too, and playing fairly well.

He can still make plenty of runs at the #1 ranking.

He was who I imitated and practiced to have the tiger woods swing. He is still a great golfer, but its hard to watch him when he is not dominating the golf game with his explosive high energy. Man those were fun to watch!

I would love if he could just flush all the things that happened and how the public viewed him down the drain, and watch him play like he did before all that and falling apart. I think he was the best and exciting to watch.

He is not older! As far as golfers go he is in his prime at 36. I think he just seems old because he has been in the PGA for so long. They say say that golfers play best when they are between 34 and 40. Lets not forget that Phil is five years older than him too, and playing fairly well.

He can still make plenty of runs at the #1 ranking.

Yes, he has been in our living rooms for decades because he stared as a toddler. We can give him lots of space to improve. I still would like to see him make it to the top if he can.

He was who I imitated and practiced to have the tiger woods swing. He is still a great golfer, but its hard to watch him when he is not dominating the golf game with his explosive high energy. Man those were fun to watch!

His focus was always very visual is right. I called his actions temper tantrums, but you have been kinder in your explanation.

I would love if he could just flush all the things that happened and how the public viewed him down the drain, and watch him play like he did before all that and falling apart. I think he was the best and exciting to watch.

I think some of those personal events has sufficiently affected his game to a large degree. He was and still is a dominant golfer on the green. How do you think he could manage to get to #1 again?

No, I think his years of dominance are over. He's shown that he's mortal and beatable, and now the other pros aren't intimidated by him. Perhaps if he had a mistress to ease his troubles his game would improve. Who knows.

No, I think his years of dominance are over. He's shown that he's mortal and beatable, and now the other pros aren't intimidated by him. Perhaps if he had a mistress to ease his troubles his game would improve. Who knows.

Yes the doors were opened for others to come in to play too. His form is still wonderful, but there is a slight reservation or maybe I think there is when it is not really there.

I feel he hasn't been good for some time now. So Id have to say no.

Tiger is regaining his form. Recently, he placed second in the PGA tour (iirc), much better than his placements last year.

Do you think he is able to "flush" them all and come back?

Tiger is regaining his form. Recently, he placed second in the PGA tour (iirc), much better than his placements last year.

He seems to be just a bit laggy if you know what I mean? Could he keep gaining and go to the top again, do you think?

Back