What's new

Will Tiger Woods ever reach the top again?

I think he is improving, maybe that last tourney, was just what he needed to improve his confidence. That was the best putting he's done all year.

I don't think he will reach the dizzying heights that he reached earlier. I don't want to comment on his personal life but he did cheat on his wife and now karma is getting back. Think about it, he had it all money, fame, lovely family and then he squanders it all away. i have lost respect for that guy.

I don't think he will reach the dizzying heights that he reached earlier. I don't want to comment on his personal life but he did cheat on his wife and now karma is getting back. Think about it, he had it all money, fame, lovely family and then he squanders it all away. i have lost respect for that guy.

He had it all, is right. If you realize this not even knowing all he had, imagine how he looks back on his life even 3 years ago? In comparison to now, he must feel very crippled with the self inflicted wounds he has created in his life. With that reaffirmed from your sentiments, self respect has certainly played a huge part, I would think, in his drive and maybe some reasons why he played with such confidence all his golfing years until the personal problems engulfed his life. These issues have most definitely affected his near perfect life he once had and his golfing abilitiy. Sports is largely how a sportman feels about his life, don't you think?

I think he is improving, maybe that last tourney, was just what he needed to improve his confidence. That was the best putting he's done all year.
He needs so much inner work to regain his self confidence that seems to be lacking even as he walks on the green. Do you notice his gait along with his swing being different?

Once a great athlete loses his edge, it's over. There's no getting it back. He may still compete and whatnot, but he'll never be the same dominant force again.

Once a great athlete loses his edge, it's over. There's no getting it back. He may still compete and whatnot, but he'll never be the same dominant force again.

Is it his self confidence that you think has interfered with the "edge" he once had?He was out of the limelight for a while, so could it have been lack of game playing that set him back? What do you think was the root cause of his loss of momentum?

He'll never dominate the game the way he did before but I do think it's possible to reach world's number 1. He is very capable of playing really good golf for a long stretch of 2-3 years, which could catapult him to number 1.

He'll never dominate the game the way he did before but I do think it's possible to reach world's number 1. He is very capable of playing really good golf for a long stretch of 2-3 years, which could catapult him to number 1.

Do you think Tiger Woods is on that path to number one now?

Do you think Tiger Woods is on that path to number one now?

Yes I do. Right now he's ranked 16th in the world. He's been playing really good golf for about 6 months now and I only think he'll get better. He came in second last week and I predict another top 5 finish this week. He's too far back to be number 1 by the end of this year. But i think he'll be 6th, 7th, or 8th by the end of the year. Maybe next year he can get closer. But it will be hard to surpass McIlroy if he continues to play the way he is. McIlroy could be number 1 for a long time. If Woods is to ever be #1 again it will take atleast 1.5 years to get there.

Yes I do. Right now he's ranked 16th in the world. He's been playing really good golf for about 6 months now and I only think he'll get better. He came in second last week and I predict another top 5 finish this week. He's too far back to be number 1 by the end of this year. But i think he'll be 6th, 7th, or 8th by the end of the year. Maybe next year he can get closer. But it will be hard to surpass McIlroy if he continues to play the way he is. McIlroy could be number 1 for a long time. If Woods is to ever be #1 again it will take atleast 1.5 years to get there.

Your positivity is backed well by your information. Tiger Woods likes to be on the top of the game. His adverse reactions when he is annoyed with his own playing supports that idea too. His journey is one he will be taking since his talent is still very fine tuned. There was a time not too long ago he was untouchable and he looked so confident and self assurred. Do you see those traits being a necessary part of his playing now to regain #1 world status? I see a slight reserve in his once all out self confidence.

I sincerely wish him all the best and I would like to see him be number one again, but I think this is only up to him. He needs to rebuild his confidence and to improve his game.

Your positivity is backed well by your information. Tiger Woods likes to be on the top of the game. His adverse reactions when he is annoyed with his own playing supports that idea too. His journey is one he will be taking since his talent is still very fine tuned. There was a time not too long ago he was untouchable and he looked so confident and self assurred. Do you see those traits being a necessary part of his playing now to regain #1 world status? I see a slight reserve in his once all out self confidence.

I think the reason it took him so long to play well was the initial shock of what happened. You're right, his untouchable image was shattered. But I think slowly over time he can put the past behind him and so will everyone else. I think in order for him to get that same confidence back he needs to win, he's still trying to get that first big win under his belt. But I think time heels all wounds, along with winning, and there is a chance he can regain the self assurance he used to have. It will never be at that same level though, he was invincible.

I personally think that Tiger Woods may regain his fame again at one point, but it'll take quite some time. After the incident, a lot of people are having difficulties taking him seriously, including me.

I think the reason it took him so long to play well was the initial shock of what happened. You're right, his untouchable image was shattered. But I think slowly over time he can put the past behind him and so will everyone else. I think in order for him to get that same confidence back he needs to win, he's still trying to get that first big win under his belt. But I think time heels all wounds, along with winning, and there is a chance he can regain the self assurance he used to have. It will never be at that same level though, he was invincible.

I wonder if the past can be put behind him. He is a divorced man with children and former wife reminding him of the past. His close interaction there might be constant reminders of what was and is no more. Wonder if he has forgiven himself? He sure was looked upon as king of golf. Since he started out as a prince he has some work to accomplish. Do you think he likes golf as much as he ever did? Do you believe he will be happy when he gains a POSITION in the sport once more that he wants?

I personally think that Tiger Woods may regain his fame again at one point, but it'll take quite some time. After the incident, a lot of people are having difficulties taking him seriously, including me.

What would Tiger Woods need to do to gain your admiration for him once more?

Tiger Woods needs to win a major, simple as that. If he wins another major, his confidence will be restored, but not to the level it once was. He will never be the dominating force he was over 10 years ago, but he can at least be competitive in the majors.

I wonder if the past can be put behind him. He is a divorced man with children and former wife reminding him of the past. His close interaction there might be constant reminders of what was and is no more. Wonder if he has forgiven himself? He sure was looked upon as king of golf. Since he started out as a prince he has some work to accomplish. Do you think he likes golf as much as he ever did? Do you believe he will be happy when he gains a POSITION in the sport once more that he wants?

I think golf is still very important to Tiger. I think the only thing he really cares about in the game is beating Jack's major record. I think that record alone will drive him to work hard to improve and play well. As far as him enjoying the game, I still think he likes to play.

Tiger Woods needs to win a major, simple as that. If he wins another major, his confidence will be restored, but not to the level it once was. He will never be the dominating force he was over 10 years ago, but he can at least be competitive in the majors.
It is amazing how quickly his focus led his self esteem in a completely distructful path. Is Tiger heading in the building of his self confidence now? Does he really seem to be still very strongly stuggling?

I wouldn't count him out, but he needs a lot of work to get back there. He's older now too, so it will be that much more difficult to do it. I think it would be a great story if he could as he's really had a rough couple of years.

Tiger Woods is a legend now even before he declines or improves to resurface which ever happens.Yet, golf is a sport very senior people play of course not to the degree Tiger plays!

I think golf is still very important to Tiger. I think the only thing he really cares about in the game is beating Jack's major record. I think that record alone will drive him to work hard to improve and play well. As far as him enjoying the game, I still think he likes to play.

Yes, I think golf is Tiger Woods' middle name. He has been in that sport almost all his life. With the goal of coming out ahead of Jack's monumental stats he has a lofty sight to strive toward.

Back