What's new

Windows or IOS or Android

True Android mobiles start at low price and it is good compared to symbian.

Android. I used to have an iPhone and although iOS is good software, it is far too limited and I like being able to customize my device to my liking and Android gives me that and much more.

I am also thrilled that the apps are rapidly catching up. The last I heard about both iOS and Android's apps was that iOS has 700k and Google Play has 675k.

Yes Google is catching up very fast, but still there are many loyal users for iPhone.

That is changing though, there are many people who are pissed at Apple for the Maps fiasco and some aren't too thrilled about the iPhone 5, but many are starting to hate Apple for their litigious and hypocritical attitude regarding Samsung.

Samsung might have drawn inspiration from the iPhone, but Jobs has openly admitted to stealing ideas for his products. Pablo Picasso said nothing about being shameless about stealing ideas, so that was Jobs himself. Really, if Karl Benz and Henry Ford and took the same approach to other automobile manufacturers that Steve Jobs and Apple did with Samsung and other oems, then there wouldn't be as many car makers in existence, today.

There would be no Mitsubishi, Ferrari, Toyota, Cadillac, Chrysler, Vauxhall, Citroen, etc. The latter clearly drew inspiration from the former where cars are concerned and they improved upon it. That is how it works because that is how it is supposed to work. No body sued their competitors over the fact that the cars had doors, 4 wheels, and said "vroom" when you turned on the ignition. They fueled (no pun intended) each other and it is because of that, that we have so many different kinds of cars today.

The bottomline is that, people are realizing this, and with as many videos being posted on Youtube by users like Armando Ferrera who are Apple users, but made the switch to Android and tackling common arguments and misconceptions people have about Android by fact-checking and then dispelling them, people are realizing just how stable and easy to use Android really is, and how far behind the competition Apple really is and they are making the switch themselves.

They are also tired of the lawsuits, that have only given Samsung free publicity. People are now curious about the very Samsung devices that have shaken Apple's tree.

I was in the Play Store today updating some apps and I saw like 7 or 8 different reviews from people on different apps saying that they've switched from the iPhone to an Android device and how happy they are that they did so, and then went on to critique the differences between the app versions for both o/s's. The people expect the same level of quality in the Android app as the iOS version, and with this new trend, we will see better apps and more developers coming to Android pretty soon.

Gimp vs Photoshop

Now this is not a thread about which one you prefer. As there are to many of those already.

It is a thread about the features. Which one has what etc. This way, people will have to at least know what they are talking about before deciding which is better in their opinion.

So what does Gimp have that photoshop don't. and what does photoshop have that gimp does not?

Gimp vs Photoshop. GO

I've never used gimp before but photoshop is pro software. It should and probably does have a lot more features then gimp. If anything it has the name behind it - even half twits who cant design anything know the name photoshop lol.

GIMP is cool for those people who don't plan on doing much, but maybe cropping some photos and doing some coloring. Still, photoshop is the #1 image editing software on the planet and I honestly don't think it can be beat by gimp. Photoshop has way more features than gimp.

I say photoshop Ive always liked photoshop

Back