What's new

Word of the Day

quiddler - a person who hangs around wasting time at work and making conversation with people who are working

sui-juris, in law, someone capable of managing his or her own affairs and assuming legal responsibility for his or her acts, as distinguished from others, such as lunatics and infants, whose legal capacity is limited.

hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian - pertaining to extremely long words

he he...now lobo did you make that up?

Neologism : a new word or phrase. The introduction or use of new words, or new senses of words.

Nope ... I got it from internet

kopophobia - a fear of being mentally or physically exhausted

aeronomy - The physics and chemistry of the upper atmosphere of the earth. i.e. its temperature, density, motions, composition, chemical processes, reactions to solar and cosmic radiation, etc. Term is also extended to the physics and chemistry of atmospheres of other planets. :faint:

zenzizenzizenzic - A number raised to the eighth power

lobo said:
zenzizenzizenzic - A number raised to the eighth power

ah yes I've seen this in math, but it's also spelled zenzizenzizenzik with a 'k' instead of a 'c'. Someone once told me that it's a word in english that uses the most zee's.

quadrumane - any animal with four hands, like a monkey or ape

jookerie - trickery or the act of swindling

filipendulous - being suspended by a single thread

Omniscientiasis - A pathological need to know more than everyone else around you. I invented this word because no one else was smart enough to. :winkgrin:

Neology is the act of introducing a new word into a language.

This is usual of the case of growing information, new technology, scientific discoveries, spread of culture and media and is a definite symptom of schizophrenia and dementia in where words are randomly made up... :tongue:

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg - A Native American lake name meaning "you fish on your side, I fish on my side an no one fishes in the middle"
from Grandiloquent Dictionary - heh, good for hangman

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - A lung disease caused by the inhalation of fine silica dust in the air. Specific mine workers are ofen the victims.

agitprop \AJ-it-prop\, noun:
Propaganda, especially pro-communist political propaganda disseminated through literature, drama, music, or art.

Found: dictionary.com wotd

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words

antidisestablishmentarianism- originally, opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England, now opposition to the belief that there should no longer be an official church in a country

Back