What's new

Worst christmas gift?

I don't know why people aren't vicious back to asshats that specifically leave you out of things or make you the odd person out.

Call them out! In front of everyone.

Back in the early '80s I had been dating a guy for several months. He gave me jumper cables for Christmas. My car was relatively new & never broke down so I was shocked and disappointed at this strange, unromantic gift.

Flash forward a year later....
Broken up with boyfriend who gave bad gift. Car wouldn't start. Good Samaritan offered to jump start my car 'if I had jumper cables'! With a sheepish smirk on my face, I pulled the dusty things out of my trunk. The guy was shocked I had them!

You just never know when a bad gift might come in handy!

LOL that is pretty cool after all that time . it was definitely an odd present though
now, did YOU know how to use them? LOL

I don't know why people aren't vicious back to asshats that specifically leave you out of things or make you the odd person out.

Call them out! In front of everyone.

I have and do call her out all the time, she just will never change. The best revenge if you want to call it that, is that Dh and I are very close to the whole family, even her brothers 1 from Alaska, 1 from Florida will come to Wisconsin and meet up with Dh and I for dinner or something and they do not even call her or stop in. Karma...... Oh if she only knew how often Dh 's uncles were here:lol:. Of course we mention it at the best:lol: times, like yesterday after DH told her she was not invited he did tell his sibs that Karl (her brother) would be at our house too.

Not really a gift but...when my dd was 5 -my mom left my dad. She said she was going next door to visit the neighbors & just left. My dad reported her missing & days later she let us know (thru a friend) that she was living with another guy.

My dad was devastated & we spent 'Xmas with him & the cat he had for 20 years passed away. My sister & dd made a gingerbread house & it fell over & broke. Alot more **** happened then but you get the picture-a truely miserable time was had by one and all.

ohhh damnnn hon

To all of you with horror stories I want to come to each and every one of your homes and give you the biggest hug for Christmas.

I too have the horrible relative story. My mother's mother (she is nothing to me) mentally abused me as a child. She was our caregiver while my mother was at work. I can still see all of the gifts my brother would get and remember the hurt from that and when my cousins would talk about what she gave them. I simply got nothing, other than the verbal abuse.

The last straw was when my grandfather (her husband) gave me $2000 for university. I know that my brother/cousins/aunts/uncles were each given around $50,000 for various things (down payments on houses, generally), no strings attached. My grandfather was barely cold in the ground and she asked me to repay the loan - I was still in school at the time and in a major bout of depression as both my grandfathers had died in a months time and I couldn't afford to come home again for my second grandfather's funeral. I was 20 and all alone. I couldn't believe how callous she was.

I honestly thought I would regret cutting her out of my life 20 years ago, but when she died last year I felt nothing. She was dead to me a long time ago and her physical death didn't change anything. So to those of you who are wavering on cutting someone out of your life, don't. Your life will be better without them and you won't regret it.

Canadia I'm so sorry. What a horrible woman. Do you have any idea why she treated you differently?

I've talked with my cousins and aunt about it and it is either because I was too much like my grandfather or too much like my father. She treated both of them exactly the same way she treated me, but as a child that wasn't something that was explained to me and I likely wouldn't have understood anyways. As a child I always wondered what I did wrong. Now I know the answer is simply "nothing".

OMG huggy: :huggy: :huggy: canadia. Nothing you could ever do would deserve her treatment; she was an evil person and I'm so sorry she was a part of your life. Her behavior was just mean. Mean-spirited, mean-minded, mean-hearted. Hold your head high, though, because your son will not be exposed to that kind of evil. Her influence stops at you and does not extend to your child.

I agree that it's better to cut dead weight out of your life and move on without toxic people/relatives. That woman poisoned you and I'm so sorry. Although I do struggle with some relatives and my relationships with them, none are near the toxic level and for that I am thankful.

Just threw away the earings and necklace my MIL gave me. There was no bar code or anything on the box so no way of returning them. At least DS got a Cars shirt which he will wear.

Wait - my dh has a present under the tree for me. I asked him, "Where are the shoes I bought from Kohl's the other day?" Why, he wrapped them and put them under the tree for me.

Wait - my dh has a present under the tree for me. I asked him, "Where are the shoes I bought from Kohl's the other day?" Why, he wrapped them and put them under the tree for me.

If you really want to mess with his mind, exchange them today for something completely different (this'll only work if he's already seen the shoes), then carefully rewrap them and place them back under the tree, with a different card saying "From your secret admirer." Makes Christmas an occasion to remember.

DS's "mother" gave him a used wii game system.

No games or controllers

Then mentioned to him that his 1/2 brother is getting $200 in cash.

DS's "mother" gave him a used wii game system.

No games or controllers

Then mentioned to him that his 1/2 brother is getting $200 in cash.

WTF?! ****.

I received from my Monster In Law a 3 pack of Suddenly Salad.
Also, one year all the girls got cute presents, the **** gave me a ugly **** Fannel nightgown, worst than any Granny gown.

SHUT UP!!!!! :hurt:

Back