What's new

WWYD - Car door hit another car

One night I was coming home from visiting my bro in the hospital. It had to be about 10pm and I was stopped at a light. This guy in a jeep rams right into me. I get out and get on the phone with my then bf to let him know. Guy gets out tells me that it's his gf's truck, but really her dh's bla bla bla. :lol: He paid I think about $500 at the time. The imprint of his license plate was on the bumper. Poor guy was freeeeeaked out that he'd get busted.

I never ever get my car fixed im a 'i dont really care what it looks like just make it drive, **** it' person I usually put the cash in savings but then again we pay cash for our cars and always get good deals

OT but years ago my DH rear-ended (fender bender) a Mexican guy who barely spoke English driving a POS old car. DH gave the guy cash a couple days later (a couple hundred I think) to fix the fender.

I told DH he was nuts. The guy prolly didn't even have insurance and there were no witnesses and he's proly an illegal and prolly didn't even use the $ to fix his car. :fart:

What can I say................he's my better half............much, much better. :9:

Flame away. :snicker:

Not flaming just adding to your post. Way back in the day when I was driving a fast car I had a couple of speeding tickets. I chose to go to the driving classes. I was told that half of the driving population does not have a driver's license let alone insurance.

Not flaming just adding to your post. Way back in the day when I was driving a fast car I had a couple of speeding tickets. I chose to go to the driving classes. I was told that half of the driving population does not have a driver's license let alone insurance.

I believe it. My Aunt drove for years without a license. One time she asked if she could borrow my car.............NOT A CHANCE!

I really thought of calling someone with one of those plungers who could come to church during Sunday morning hours and just having it done while she's inside.

Still thinking about that.....

I would get your own and have it fixed but not with out her knowing it. I certainly wouldnt send her money she can always come back and say she never got it for that particular item . good luck

She could then say she is not happy with it and still want to take it to a person of her choosing. Plus still needs paint touch ups.

Usually the way it works the person with the damaged car takes it to a person they want to work on it. If the price is out of line, the person with the damaged car should get 3 estimates to places they want and the person paying can pay the lowest one. At no time does the person with the damage have to go to the person paying place.

I realize she doesnt have to go to where we suggest. I was just hoping she would.

Right now waiting on response to my letter.

She called on Friday but I missed the call and she did not leave a message. Given that the last two times she's called us she's yelled and hung up on us, not really interested in calling her back if she's not leaving me a message.

Back