What's new

And It's NOT The Pirates Anyway- NON-SC!

QUOTE=ericlater, post: "]PS Unlike SC, I believe that CB is not simply trying to get their "pound of flesh". I believe they have their eye on helping the KJ fight local piracy. JMHO. Oh, I will soon be starting a new thread to discuss the "if you're not part of the solution" thinking!

Thank You:tribiggrin::yoBiggrin::yopolitician::sqlaugh:[[/QUOTE]

Thank you Athena, I have several of these pro piracy guys on ignore and would never have seen Eric's post if you hadn't quoted it! And that there is funny as all get out coming from him!:tribiggrin:

Thunder said:
Chartbuster is going for the per song violation, with the fines that the law allows.......... up to $250,000 per song per incident, that way they don't need to do audits!

All they have to do is prove you were using their product on a computer without their permission in a public performance! You see Chartbuster doesn't even care about the 1:1 ratio and clearly state on their website that you can not convert their products, so if you have CDGs they have to run from a CDG player, SCDGs can run from a either CAVs or Computer!

Yes a much different approach than Sound Choice is using, they aren't interested in allowing a pirate the chance to become legal. And I bet they fast track the cases they file as well!

So what is your excuse for non-compliance?
Are we now to belive that as a self-proclaimed computer KJ you will be returning to disc players or the CD-rom drive for all of your CB products? It appears you're now faced with a quandary.

Can we not now predict the coming market trend too be the cessation of public performances? Perhaps, Applebee's is a trend setter.

How's that figure into your master plan?

Thunder said:
Diafel,

Chartbuster is going for the per song violation, with the fines that the law allows.......... up to $250,000 per song per incident, that way they don't need to do audits!

All they have to do is prove you were using their product on a computer without their permission in a public performance! You see Chartbuster doesn't even care about the 1:1 ratio and clearly state on their website that you can not convert their products, so if you have CDGs they have to run from a CDG player, SCDGs can run from a either CAVs or Computer!

1 song = 1 violation= up to $250,000

3 songs = 3 violations = up to $750,000

10 songs = 10 violations = up to $2,500,000

Yes a much different approach than Sound Choice is using, they aren't interested in allowing a pirate the chance to become legal. And I bet they fast track the cases they file as well!
They'd better be worried about 1:1 because I will sue over breach of contract with the KIAA if they were to sue me. I am 1:1 and will not go quietly if they really want to move through this I have them kicked out of the KIAA.

Great point Bob

It depends I suppose what one might resort to in efforts to save their bacon. Informants in the real world exist and are known criminals but get a pass for their better uses.:triwink:
Proformance said:
So what is your excuse for non-compliance?
Are we now to belive that as a self-proclaimed computer KJ you will be returning to disc players or the CD-rom drive for all of your CB products? It appears you're now faced with a quandary.

Can we not now predict the coming market trend too be the cessation of public performances? Perhaps, Applebee's is a trend setter.

How's that figure into your master plan?

Jon Tuck said:
It depends I suppose what one might resort to in efforts to save their bacon. Informants in the real world exist and are known criminals but get a pass for their better uses.:triwink:

Ouch!

Steve, now I just feel sorry for you. If this CB thing actually comes to fruition (which I doubt) wouldn't the phrase: "what goes around comes around" seem to leave you in peril?

I wasnt directing that to anyone particular

just pointing out that their are two sides to a coin and it doesnt necessarily reveal a pirate or informant. Atleast if a company is going to go at it like it seems from heresay such as Chartbusters it is directing it more proper. Just not sure how much money they will get from the true pirates. It will have a possible improved approach forcing pirates to shrink theirlibraries or return to disc use, especially if the other brand names follow course. Then Joe Luddite will win over all.
Proformance said:
Ouch!

Steve, now I just feel sorry for you. If this CB thing actually comes to fruition (which I doubt) wouldn't the phrase: "what goes around comes around" seem to leave you in peril?

Thunder said:
Diafel,

1 song = 1 violation= up to $250,000

3 songs = 3 violations = up to $750,000

10 songs = 10 violations = up to $2,500,000

I did have discussions with Mr Grimes about an approach similar to the above and Mr Grimes did indicate to me that CB was looking for some "deep pockets" to go after! He had some targets in mind, but I am not at liberty to reveal the names he shared with me!

Wouldn't that be something?

Thunder said:
Thank You Athena: I have several of these pro piracy guys on ignore and would never have seen Eric's post if you hadn't quoted it! And that there is funny as all get out coming from him!:tribiggrin:

As I have stated over and over, Thunder; you are the "pro-piracy, SC shill" guy on this forum.
and I am curious just how much free and/or deep-discounted stuff Kurt sent you?

And I must be a complete idiot to get sucked into this type of discussion at this point in my existence. I've more important matters to attend to.

I'M DONE GOODBYE ALL AND THE BEST OF LUCK ALL AROUND BUT MOSTLY WITH FIGHTING PIRACY

Jon and Bob, Actually I am fully capable of switching back to disc in an hours time!

The only problem I will face is having to run on 4 year old books until I can reprint, but that is not a real problem either!

Or I can purchase two of the Chartbuster 1-6 sets on SCDG and use them on the computer! Simply doesnt present a real problem for me!

Nice try though!:tribiggrin:

And your response will be "so can the pirates"!

And my answer is YES! They can just as they can purchase Sound Choice disc and POP HITS Monthly!

Guess what that means ............ A level playing field!

DannyGKaraoke said:
They'd better be worried about 1:1 because I will sue over breach of contract with the KIAA if they were to sue me. I am 1:1 and will not go quietly if they really want to move through this I have them kicked out of the KIAA.

Danny, CB has no 1:1 CONTRACT with ANYONE. For that matter, neither does SC, because they state straight out that they can't grant media transfer rights.

Also, with all due respect, one KJ isn't going to get CB or any other mfr. "kicked out" from the completely useless KIAA. They NEED mfrs. on board to keep a facade of credibility, completely bogus as it may be..

ericlater said:
Thank you Athena, I have several of these pro piracy guys on ignore and would never have seen Eric's post if you hadn't quoted it! And that there is funny as all get out coming from him!:tribiggrin:

From ERIC: As I have stated over and over, Thunder; you are the "pro-piracy, SC shill" guy on this forum.
and I am curious just how much free and/or deep-discounted stuff Kurt sent you?
][/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of deep discounts. Steve has stated all along that he gives names to SC. If SC intimidates these folks into paying settlements, than Steve is a good source of income for them. Why would they bother him?

Thunder said:
Or I can purchase two of the Chartbuster 1-6 sets on SCDG and use them on the computer! Simply doesnt present a real problem for me!
!

Ah. I see. BTW- Who granted the right to transfer to PC and use in a public venue? Not CB. Not SC. Not ANY mfr.- they can't.

Folks, I do believe I will be welcoming many back to the light side of the force- DISCS- soon enough......:trismug:

JoeChartreuse said:
Now that I think about it, THAT would separate the pirates quickly enough. One can't go back to discs if one doesn't have any....:triwink:

No one will go back to discs. Whether you guys want to admit it or not - that format is now obsolete.

What you are describing is not a problem for KJs - it's a problem for SC and CB who apparently do not have the resources or permisssions to serve their potential customers with the kind of products they want.

Thunder said:
I am fully capable of switching back to disc in an hours time
Thunder said:
or I can purchase on SCDG and use them on the computer! Simply doesnt present a real problem for me!

Funny you should see it that way.

You can also dig holes with a shovel and ignore power tools. But, I would hardly recommend that as a target strategy for tool manufacturers.

Thunder said:

You better check your Immunity/Amnesty agreement. Super CDG's are Cavs tecnology. That alone may cause you more problems.

Proformance said:
You can also dig holes with a shovel and ignore power tools. But, I would hardly recommend that as a target strategy for tool manufacturers.

Well Wiz,

That eliminates another job that you could possibly have been good at, so we know you have never done any construction or excavation work!

What is it that you do for a living again?

You aren't in the same field as Rick are you (living off of your in-laws)?

Thunder said:
Well Wiz,

That eliminates another job that you could possibly have been good at, so we know you have never done any construction or excavation work!

What is it that you do for a living again?

You aren't in the same field as Rick are you (living off of your in-laws)?

Geez Steve!

It appears yer boat is leaking water, and possibly sinking -- so you have nothing left but to shoot blunt arrows into the ocean...? :sqerr: :sqconfused:

In all honesty, yer getting obsessed with this pirate thing, to the point of being obnoxious. Is it worth it...?

SoftJock Rick said:
Geez Steve!

It appears yer boat is leaking water, and possibly sinking -- so you have nothing left but to shoot blunt arrows into the ocean...? :sqerr: :sqconfused:

In all honesty, yer getting obsessed with this pirate thing, to the point of being obnoxious. Is it worth it...?

Well Rick I haven't had to start living off of family members yet, so Yes, I guess it is!

Actually when I hunt small game with a bow, I use blunts!

Ok boys and girls.... play nice...

BTW since when did Performance (aka Bob) become Wizard? That dude is long gone from here and couldn't put a sentence together in anyway shape or form near as cohearant as Bob's.

Back