What's new

another storm is coming

Wow I'm praying I still have a canopy on my gazebo after this.

Done here in Dekalb. Lots of wind and rain.

OP- thanks for the warning and sorry you are having more weather issues!

Very dark, windy, and rainy here right now. I literally just walked in the door from getting my Eggos at Target and drops started to fall as I unloaded my car. So glad that I went out when I did and don't have to get caught in this!

Thankful for the rain! Everything usually misses us. Power flickered on and off a few times but all is well. Almost forgot what rain was like it's been so long! =)

Rain just started here, and stopped after 20 seconds.... As I type, it started up again, REALLY hard this time.

The rest of Lake Co get ready!

:hiphip:

Yippee! We finally got some rain!

No damage at our house, but neighbor across the street lost a tree. That's all I can see from my house. All 3 of my immediate neighbors are on vacation. So, I wonder who is going to get the tree out of the road.

GRRR I just want to cry
It took the pole out to the house for our electric--while we have electric--we have downed poles in the yard--not the huge electric pole--the tiny little one that meters your house--so we call com ed--they say we have to hire an electrician to come out reconnect and then they will come out--can't do anything until then
our neighbor had this happen last time--cost them 1.400 for the pole--not covered under insurance--IT SUCKS__I don't have 1.400 for this--DH says he might be able to hook it back up--but not sure if COM ED will accept that---I jsut want to cry--Trees hit the POD in our yard--we have another mess on our hands--We are not even recovered from the last storm--

Wicked storms around O'Hare. The sky is black and the rain is pounding.

I am so sorry KM...maybe your church can help you with the cost? Wish I could help you.

Wow. Something just got hit!!!! Still have power......

GRRR I just want to cry
It took the pole out to the house for our electric--while we have electric--we have downed poles in the yard--not the huge electric pole--the tiny little one that meters your house--so we call com ed--they say we have to hire an electrician to come out reconnect and then they will come out--can't do anything until then
our neighbor had this happen last time--cost them 1.400 for the pole--not covered under insurance--IT SUCKS__I don't have 1.400 for this--DH says he might be able to hook it back up--but not sure if COM ED will accept that---I jsut want to cry--Trees hit the POD in our yard--we have another mess on our hands--We are not even recovered from the last storm--

:huggy: What a mess. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this.

1 1/2 large trees down..the 1/2 is my walnut that I have wanted gone for a long time..1/2 of my back fence gone too..I saw the trees fall. I was in the middle of baking and needed more butter.was looking outside to see if I could quickly run to garage..

Ripped through here about a hour ago. Almost took the kids playhouse w/it. I had to go out mid-storm to retrieve & secure it so it didn't end up on someone's car.

Neighbors front tree split in 1/2 blocking his driveway. Branches & debris everywhere. Went by really quickly.

1 1/2 large trees down..the 1/2 is my walnut that I have wanted gone for a long time..1/2 of my back fence gone too..I saw the trees fall. I was in the middle of baking and needed more butter.was looking outside to see if I could quickly run to garage..
Sorry, insurance will only cover a certain amount for the tree--though they should cover your fence--depends on your deductible. We found Marios Tree Service out of Addison to be the cheapest (if you can't get it done yourself)

We have no cable (can't until com ed restores us with our down line, no phone)

I am so sorry KM...maybe your church can help you with the cost? Wish I could help you.

I wish, but our church got hit helping so many others with the last storm--and we are not doing as well as in the past--so I don't think that is an option, I just have to trust and figure things out--It isn't even our trees again--it is the neighbor!!!

My 71 year old, lives in the middle of no where Dad lost power and phone.

And he actually had his (our) cell phone charged...old farm boy at least remembered the phone AND how to us it :lol:

Back