What's new

another storm is coming

OK here. 1 1/4" of rain so far. Power ON!!!!!!!! :cartwheel:

Apparently we (the household) missed all the fun. We were up early for a fishing derby and I made everyone (myself included) take naps. Temp was 94 when we went down, 68 now.

It is a little grey in the sky and a lot wet on the ground. I love it outside after a storm.

No damage anywhere that I can see.

Oh man, Kathy! I'm sorry .... you've had way more than your share of storm damage :huggy:
I wonder if BFF had any at her house :pout:

and Lisa.... sorry about your damage too :37:

We lost phone service..... they won't be out til Monday... I called my mother to tell her to call us on the cell phone if she needs anything ..... otherwise, just lots of rain, lots of wind, but everything survived

Wow - sounds like quite a storm. I hope everyone is safe. I think we're supposed to get this storm tomorrow. :hides:

Mary, I heard parts of West Chicago just got back power--so hope your bff is well. In our area we are the ONLY house that has trouble-as far as tree and down lines--Kohls on Roosevelt lost power (boyzrus was there at the time) so not sure if they have been restored. We have power--but don't know for how long--from what everyone has told me--they will cut us off until we get an electrician to come and do the work--HOWEVER the electrician can't do the work until they cut the power--so we appear to be in a lose lose situation.
For now, we have p ower and air--just no cable or phones---so should be glad for that. The neighbor with the tree that took us out gave me her code so I could have internet--she said use mine--since you have power---so for now we can at least check in with cable--I would miss my CW!!!

My dd gave it two thumbs down--until she saw that we do not have cable, phone etc because of it---we also looked at some parts in real Winfield that had trees uprooted and down next to cars--guess we are lucky--bummed it doesn't show us as a power outage--well because technically we have power--they better not come tomorrow and disconnect my power--so I have to call an electrician on a Sunday--they better wait until Monday--If I have to pay--i am not going to do it on triple time!!! GRRR

Some of my shopping was effected. Thankfully the photo counter at Wags to do my web pickup was open (South Heights). The rest of their registers were still recovering (rebooting, I think) from their power outage. Went to Doms (Matteson) figuring I'd get in on the frozen deal but all their freezer aisles were blocked off and everything refrigerated was sealed shut/covered because of a power outage. Sure hope they get power before the frozen stuff thaws - the next closest Doms is farther than I want to go for this.

GRRR I just want to cry
It took the pole out to the house for our electric--while we have electric--we have downed poles in the yard--not the huge electric pole--the tiny little one that meters your house--so we call com ed--they say we have to hire an electrician to come out reconnect and then they will come out--can't do anything until then
our neighbor had this happen last time--cost them 1.400 for the pole--not covered under insurance--IT SUCKS__I don't have 1.400 for this--DH says he might be able to hook it back up--but not sure if COM ED will accept that---I jsut want to cry--Trees hit the POD in our yard--we have another mess on our hands--We are not even recovered from the last storm--
So sorry to hear this. Things have to start getting better for you guys.
:grouphug:

GRRR I just want to cry
It took the pole out to the house for our electric--while we have electric--we have downed poles in the yard--not the huge electric pole--the tiny little one that meters your house--so we call com ed--they say we have to hire an electrician to come out reconnect and then they will come out--can't do anything until then
our neighbor had this happen last time--cost them 1.400 for the pole--not covered under insurance--IT SUCKS__I don't have 1.400 for this--DH says he might be able to hook it back up--but not sure if COM ED will accept that---I jsut want to cry--Trees hit the POD in our yard--we have another mess on our hands--We are not even recovered from the last storm--

That's awful! So sorry. Praying your DH can get it hooked up back up and there will be no issues with com ed. Praying for peace for you in the midst of this all.

Rain just started here, and stopped after 20 seconds.... As I type, it started up again, REALLY hard this time.

The rest of Lake Co get ready!
:wait2: still :waiting:

the neighbor (it was their tree that caused all the damage last time--that we are dealing with insurance---AND their tree branch that took out the stupid pole) Comes over and says I know an electrician--they will charge you 700 to get your pole fixed--
Really? I don't have 700---this is because of your tree--and you come over and say it will cost me 700---GRR--_Hoping they would pay at least half or have the friend do it for free
We said we are waiting for com ed-=-he said that this guy says com ed does not have to be involved at all--the guy just does it
we have wires down in the yard--we have to wait for com ed--we have already called it in
We are praying--Com Ed will either just connect it to be nice--or cut power for a few minutes--let my dh connect it--so there will be no cost

DH reminded me the last storm--it was loose--so when com ed came out to put up our new wires--they said have a bolt--we will fix that for you--and they did--
well obvious--the bolt didn't keep it secure
17 years and no problems with this pole thing--and now all this
I am still frustrated!!!

GRRR

So frustrated right now---Called com ed when the tree was on the wires, said down power line in yard--so they send Aspludh to come and get the tree off the wires---which they did--and said you have a down wire--we said yes, we reported that--they said they would report it too--they would not close the ticket---so about 3 hours later Asplundh comes with a different crew---said oh you have the tree off the wires--we said you guys came earlier--but look at our line--these guys said--Oh--we will not close your ticket--and you need to have com ed come out quick--this is a hazard--we said we know--we reported wire down and tree down--
they too said we will report to our boss and not close your ticket-
so we wait and wait---and wait
I call this morning--they have cancelled our ticket because they tree is off the wire--I said but the wire is still down in the yard, we have electric--but everyone is saying this isn't safe-=-and I have a 7 year old that wants to play in his yard--but because the wires are live--we can't go in there--can't water plants nothing-
oh we will open a new ticket--but you are a new ticket so you have to wait
At this point I really want to call 911 and get the fire department to call--but they are so busy and I hate to take away from that--
Bottom line--are you guys going to reconnect your lines that are 2 weeks old--and you hooked it back to the house--or do we have to call the electrician--that can't do it until you cut the power because of the down wire?
As dh stated--if they showed up today--see if they will do it--if not ask them to wait to cut power until we can get an electrician (which again we can't afford--so we are praying they will just do it!!)
We have out of town company--we can't do anything because someone has to be here in case they show up! GRRR
Thanks for letting me vent

GRRR

So frustrated right now---Called com ed when the tree was on the wires, said down power line in yard--so they send Aspludh to come and get the tree off the wires---which they did--and said you have a down wire--we said yes, we reported that--they said they would report it too--they would not close the ticket---so about 3 hours later Asplundh comes with a different crew---said oh you have the tree off the wires--we said you guys came earlier--but look at our line--these guys said--Oh--we will not close your ticket--and you need to have com ed come out quick--this is a hazard--we said we know--we reported wire down and tree down--
they too said we will report to our boss and not close your ticket-
so we wait and wait---and wait
I call this morning--they have cancelled our ticket because they tree is off the wire--I said but the wire is still down in the yard, we have electric--but everyone is saying this isn't safe-=-and I have a 7 year old that wants to play in his yard--but because the wires are live--we can't go in there--can't water plants nothing-
oh we will open a new ticket--but you are a new ticket so you have to wait
At this point I really want to call 911 and get the fire department to call--but they are so busy and I hate to take away from that--
Bottom line--are you guys going to reconnect your lines that are 2 weeks old--and you hooked it back to the house--or do we have to call the electrician--that can't do it until you cut the power because of the down wire?
As dh stated--if they showed up today--see if they will do it--if not ask them to wait to cut power until we can get an electrician (which again we can't afford--so we are praying they will just do it!!)
We have out of town company--we can't do anything because someone has to be here in case they show up! GRRR
Thanks for letting me vent

:flowers: So sorry...can't imagine the level of frustration. Praying it's resolved soon.

That's crazy, Kathy! I hope it gets fixed really really soon :huggy:

the neighbor (it was their tree that caused all the damage last time--that we are dealing with insurance---AND their tree branch that took out the stupid pole) Comes over and says I know an electrician--they will charge you 700 to get your pole fixed--
Really? I don't have 700---this is because of your tree--and you come over and say it will cost me 700---GRR--_Hoping they would pay at least half or have the friend do it for free
We said we are waiting for com ed-=-he said that this guy says com ed does not have to be involved at all--the guy just does it
we have wires down in the yard--we have to wait for com ed--we have already called it in
We are praying--Com Ed will either just connect it to be nice--or cut power for a few minutes--let my dh connect it--so there will be no cost

DH reminded me the last storm--it was loose--so when com ed came out to put up our new wires--they said have a bolt--we will fix that for you--and they did--
well obvious--the bolt didn't keep it secure
17 years and no problems with this pole thing--and now all this
I am still frustrated!!!

I was told by com-ed, ashplundh, the tree service we hired and our insurance person that the responsibility of the neighbor and their tree ends at your property line. While it was their tree, they legally can cut off the tree to free up their yard and leave it laying on yours leaving you hanging out to dry. It totally sucks!

Insurance told us it would have to be a separate claim, and that unless we prove neglect on the other home owner it is our responsibility--if the tree is dead and fell then it is theirs---they were going to have that tree taken out--but decided against it--
we like our neighbors--they are nice people---but just sick of all of this!!
Hoping when Com Ed comes--they will wench up the line which will whench up our pole and then we can just put brackets to the house--that is all that is needed--but it all depends on who com ed sends- they might decide they don't want to do it--but even an electrician can't do anything until com ed pulls up the lines---
I feel like we are playing the circle game--same with com cast and with att can't do anything until com ed comes
yes a vicious circle!!!

i vote call the fire department maybe they can get things moving faster. When you call com ed are you talking to a higher up person? I would keep getting my calls transfered around until you get someone who can get things done today rather than just the standard operator. Also mention you have neighbor kids that play in the yard, or a pet or whatnot and they don't know to stay away from live wires.....anything that ups the 'emergency' of the situation (which could potentially lead to a lawsuit from negelect of taking care of the wires?) put a little fire into them :) hugs

Back