What's new

Any plans for Valentine's Day?

survivor

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
DH and I went to dinner on Sat. and when we came home he had put a card and a dozen of roses on my night stand.

What would have made it more special is if he had taped a coupon to each stem.:lol:

Nah, the husband has class that night. We'll probably celebrate Weds night.

Nothing here. I've been telling dh I want something for Valentine's Day, but then he says he needs money. I say, "Well, I'll give you $5 and I want you to find a deal, preferably a MM - make it good." I've never allowed him to spend money on things like Valentine's Day so I'll get what I've told him I always want - nothing. Kinda stinks to always say you don't want anything and that it's a waste of money and then figure out after almost 30 years of saying it that maybe you would like something.

I keep asking Pat what he wants for supper that night, and he keeps not answering me lol

Nothing planned cause we be broke...just supper with my favorite boys at home.

Nothing special. Had a whole family dinner of lobster tail and filets on Saturday, then dh and I went to the show. We also went out on Sunday,(bbq cooking class - dh's Christmas present). I don't need anything and right now we are doing a whole budget make over, pay off cc's, so would prefer we chip away at that.

nothing for just the 2 of us--yesterday was Dh's Bday so I made a totally yummy manly meal

including rib-eyes, and homemade bread

told dd and ds that perhaps I would try a crockpot lasagna recipe for V-day since I cant be cooking all day since work gets in the way--LOL

dd said maybe she would make heart shaped bread in my pampered chef tube pan!

We're planning on cooking a special dinner on Wed. night, and eating after DD4 goes to bed. Somehow special dinners seem more "special" when you're not fighting with a preschooler about how much she needs to eat before she gets dessert. Right now the menu includes pepper steak, scalloped potatoes, butter & herb asparagus, and apple crisp a la mode.

Yum-O holamelitta--can I come by I promise to eat all my dinner so I can have dessert!

Nope. DH is still working nights and now is sick. I spent all last week with the little guy sick and now the 4 year old is sick. Forget the fact that I feel sick, cause it doesn't matter.

Sooo it looks like another week stuck in the house and no workout for me :pout:

Dh bought me flowers, a big ole box of chocolates, and a card that plays 'You Got It' by Roy Orbison. I loooooove Roy. Made me cry.

I got DH a Marc Anthony sweater, a thermal in breathable material (He loves them for work and to sleep in), a Star Wars Pez dispenser, and chewy Jolly Ranchers (fave candy).

Nothing super exciting, but practical, and we're both happy :)

Dh bought me flowers, a big ole box of chocolates, and a card that plays 'You Got It' by Roy Orbison. I loooooove Roy. Made me cry.

I got DH a Marc Anthony sweater, a thermal in breathable material (He loves them for work and to sleep in), a Star Wars Pez dispenser, and chewy Jolly Ranchers (fave candy).

Nothing super exciting, but practical, and we're both happy :)

Off the topic, did you happen to buy Jockey brand? I am considering buying some.

We dont do anything. We both think its all about the $$$ for the stores. I like to go after and get candy for cheep! Cant stand the thought of paying full price when you know its going to be half price the next day:)

Off the topic, did you happen to buy Jockey brand? I am considering buying some.

Yes! It was Jockey. They were $5.04 on clearance at Kohl's, and I had a 15 percent employee disc and 15 percent coupon.

I also bought myself 2 new maternity tops, a bra, maternity pants, the previously mentioned M.A. sweater for DH, and three outfits for my neice - using NO $$ off coupons it was just under $50 I think :)

I also forgot, while I was at work yesterday, DH got all the laundry done, cleaned the kitchen, and manscaped! :cartwheel:

mrsred

I loved when my kids were little and I worked nights at target-dh used to clean up-and surprise me--yeah not so much now :)

( no surprises because we do it together)

Nothing planned just spending time with the girls. This will be the first and since we were sick or out of money by this time in previous years. Not missing much, just him :(

**** big hugs Momof2girls****

sometimes we dont know what we have until its gone--that would be me for sure!

Thinking about making some mashed potatoes dyed red and the cheap ham from Jewel cut into heart shapes for dinner.

Back