What's new

Anyone on the East coast watching Irene?

I think you left "build ark" of the list of necessities. :surrender:

I heard on the radio this morning that we could get about 5 inches of rain on Sunday. ****, my dogs are never gonna go outside to pee that day. :surrender:I may need to add "buy doggie diapers" to my shopping list.

Crap, guess I'm not taking off monday. Just bad rain and some gusty winds by me. Thankfully I'm on a high part and don't care about flooding. But even living on a mountain my neighbors get flooded because of bad grading.

You guys are GOOD....I mean it. I am impressed with the posts of how you are preparing....

my list would read like this

A)pee myself
B)wish I hadn't peed myself
C)wish I knew what to do besides wish it away.

We don't get warning here....well, couple hours? We get ohhhhh, look.....the sky is getting dark......BOOM....30 minutes done.....

we don't have days to fret and fear and prepare (sometimes for nothing!!)

I think I will stay in Jewel land.....DH talks about FL...but I couldn't hang. 101 degrees outside.....no electric....water to the rafters?

I am not a cling to the roof girl....staying the hell outta FL other than vacay!!!!
You forget, we get both hurricanes & noreasters [plus the occasional blizzard]. Luckily we get a few days warning for them, so it becomes old hat.

The thing that has me a bit worried is that Bob wiped out the electricity on Cape Cod for something like 10 days back in 1991. At that time my elderly aunts & uncles retreated to their old homes off Cape. They've since sold them and reside in summer solely on the Cape [and they are 20 yrs older]. The idea of folks in their 80s wandering around with flashlights or candles makes me very nervous. If the power goes down, I'll drive down and bring them all back up this way.

From NOAA HPC 10a update: "THIS POTENTIALLY COULD BE EXTREMELY DESTRUCTIVE WITH MASSIVE DISRUPTIONS TO SOCIETY AND COMMERCE ALONG ITS ENTIRE TRACK WITH VERY HIGH WINDS/STORM SURGE/OCEAN OVERWASH/BEACH EROSION/SOUND AND BAY SIDE COASTAL FLOODING AND EXTREME TIDE POTENTIAL. WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAINS IN THE 6-10 INCH RANGE WILL BE COMMON WITH GREATLY INCREASED INLAND FLOOD POTENTIAL"

Stop it Kerri! Your FB posts are starting to freak me out. :surrender:

Sorry Joan! Jim Cantore is HERE though, that is freaking me out to the nth degree. He does not go anywhere where there is MILD weather.

Sorry Joan! Jim Cantore is HERE though, that is freaking me out to the nth degree. He does not go anywhere where there is MILD weather.

Yes, I saw BF was all ready to put out a welcome sign for him. :giggles:

Yes, I saw BF was all ready to put out a welcome sign for him. :giggles:

Yep cause she had no idea who he is. lol I quickly filled her in using our private chat. lol Please do NOT read below, ok?

NHC 11a Update: Storm is getting larger as Hurricane winds extend 70miles out from center while Tropical Storm Force winds extend a whopping 290 miles out from the Center. Remains a Cat 3 storm with 115mph winds. Two other things to note: Additional Strengthening over the next 24 hours as conditions remain favorable. Also, once it eventually starts to weaken in a few days, it will be slow to do so because the hurricane is so large

Tazzy - we need a dislike button STAT! :surrender:

Looking on the bright side...
I just checked the 10 day forecast on weather.com and starting Monday we can expect sunny skies and upper 70's very low 80's straight through next Saturday. :hiphip:

dp240633.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Looking on the bright side...
I just checked the 10 day forecast on weather.com and starting Monday we can expect sunny skies and upper 70's very low 80's straight through next Saturday. :hiphip:

It's always beautiful after a big storm. It sucks everything with it.

You're not helping Liz!

Can't it slow down for Monday to hit the NY area? It's gonna peter out. :(

Can't it slow down for Monday to hit the NY area? It's gonna peter out. :(

Sorry Tazzy, Monday's supposed to be a beautiful day. 79 and sunny with 0 percent chance of rain.

Back