What's new

Anyone on the East coast watching Irene?

Went to Walmart and Shoprite (go every week at same time:lol:) They were both crowded:surrender: Everyone (of course the seniors:lol:) was in a panic! By tomorrow, you won't find any bread, milk, water etc. on the shelves! It is suppose to hit here hard:ranting:

Can we ask Mayor Blumbutt to tell people to stay away?

If it effects the tourist $, he's not gonna tell anyone to stay away.

Went to Walmart and Shoprite (go every week at same time:lol:) They were both crowded:surrender: Everyone (of course the seniors:lol:) was in a panic! By tomorrow, you won't find any bread, milk, water etc. on the shelves! It is suppose to hit here hard:ranting:

I can imagine. It's just like during the winter when a snow storm is predicted. Everyone runs to the store and piles all sorts of crap into their carts like they're not going to get out of the house again for at least two weeks.

I ran into ShopRite after work yesterday to get milk so I'm hoping to avoid the store until after the storm. (I am wondering about my CVS trips that I usually do Sunday mornings. I may just hit the store closest to me to get some papers since there are lots of inserts this week. )

alright, this may be a dumb question.. but wth is the president thinking/doing? Per reports, he does not plan to leave martha's vineyard until Saturday. Is not Martha's Vineyard considered in the path? Shouldn't he be moved, oh I don't know... NOW?!?!

Nah, he'll probably wait for it to pass DC THEN go back through PA and south then curve back to DC

Who cares? Leave him there. :9: :snicker:

He is the president, in my opinion, doesn't matter which side ya root for, he ought be secure and safe.

He is the president, in my opinion, doesn't matter which side ya root for, he ought be secure and safe.

Yeah, yeah............I know, I know. Just :stir:

Wouldn't wanna get stuck with Biden for the next year. :surrender:

NJ governor has already declared a state of emergency. He suggests 5 days worth of food/water on hand. ShopRite must have sent him a little something. :snicker:

Wouldn't wanna get stuck with Biden for the next year. :surrender:

Yeah I thought that too after I posted.......<shudder>

So the next hurricane will start with a J..................I nominate "Joan". :)

I agree not a fan of Obama but even LESS of a fan for biden......

Yeah I thought that too after I posted.......<shudder>

So the next hurricane will start with a J..................I nominate "Joan". :)

:tap:

Luckily they alternate sexes so how about JimBob?

I agree not a fan of Obama but even LESS of a fan for biden......

Biden is just so **** embarassing. Everytime he opens up his mouth, something stupid comes out. Could be kind of amusing though. :snicker:

The next one is Jose.

In 2013 there could be a Rebekah though. :lol:

NY has declared a state of emergency. CT Governor considering mandatory evacuations for areas South of I-95

This may prove that I am not as crazy as some think I am.

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/25/7470837-eye-on-irene-live-hurricane-updates

4:34 p.m. ET: The New York City mass transit system, the nation's biggest, may have to be partly or fully shut if Hurricane Irene causes flooding or high winds, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority warned Thursday. The MTA runs the city's buses, subways and commuter train lines, carrying about 8 million people a day.

4:23 p.m. ET: New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Thursday declared a state of emergency in anticipation of Hurricane Irene's arrival. The formal declaration allows the state to aid counties, cities and towns "more effectively and quickly,'' get help from the national Emergency Management Assistance Compact and get federal help earlier, the Democratic governor said in a statement.

I am in Central Maine, and have heard from my mother (Who Worries Too Much!) that Irene will be a Cat.2 when it hits here. I don't get too concerned myself...I will draw some water and fill my washer to use to flush with if we lose power. I will make sure we have enough to eat, and we have a gas stove so we can still cook. We have propane lanterns, and battery operated lanterns, flashlights, and candles. Not much else to do than what we do all the time for any major storm. Good luck to everyone who is going to get hit harder.

ETA: I will also be home alone with the 3 kids since DH has to work over night Sunday night!

Back