• Im a Mac

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Im a PC

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Im Both :)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
PC gots 14 so far.
I suspect part of that is due to the age of the respondents. PC's are cheaper and fit in student budgets better.

I've noticed that in the Apple store....it's older adults making the switch.

I suspect part of that is due to the age of the respondents. PC's are cheaper and fit in student budgets better.

Yea you have a point there.

I am a PC but i would like to get a Mac but they are very expensive.

Not really. There are more Macs than PCs in most of my lectures.

I'm a Mac at School, PC/Linux at home. I'm hoping to get a MacBook sometime, though.

Macs are great im just a PC, been one forever... but it would be nice to own one as I never had one.

Not really. There are more Macs than PCs in most of my lectures.

I'm a Mac at School, PC/Linux at home. I'm hoping to get a MacBook sometime, though.
Lots of schools require Macs only. Not all but there are some out there. Fewer problems getting connected, as Airport is a breeze to use, and it doesn't run the IT dept at the school ragged with virus issues.

But to be clear though Macs get viruses as well, just not as much as a pc. It really depends on the pc user. I never got a virus in my life.

But to be clear though Macs get viruses as well, just not as much as a Mac. It really depends on the pc user. I never got a virus in my life.
Scrip kiddies target the larger audience, the PC. And the firewall is built into the Mac. About the only way to get a virus on a Mac is thru email...that's why ClamAV is so popular.

Most people, when they get their PC don't bother turning on the firewall and think A/V is too expensive...not knowing about the free ones to be had.

You're lucky you've never been hit. Running a HiJack This is a good way of being sure, tho.

I always am safe surfing, never need to download anything... have good tools for safety... AV, Malwarebytes... protection... so many things I have installed on my laptop for security.

Lots of schools require Macs only. Not all but there are some out there. Fewer problems getting connected, as Airport is a breeze to use, and it doesn't run the IT dept at the school ragged with virus issues.

We're actually half and half, but the main operating system is now Ubuntu for upper-year students.

For me, I have a Mac but I dont really like it. I am a PC gamer, and there is a limited amount of games that run on the Macintosh OS, and I also have a Macbook which means a lot of the better Mac games dont perform very well.

For me, I have a Mac but I dont really like it. I am a PC gamer, and there is a limited amount of games that run on the Macintosh OS, and I also have a Macbook which means a lot of the better Mac games dont perform very well.
You could dual boot. Use Boot Camp and install Windows on half of your Mac and have the best of both, besides windows performs better and faster on a Mac than a PC based computer.

never had nor will i ever buy a mac...

Back