What's new

Boy Scouts May End Ban on Gay Scouts, Leaders

I would comment...but I have an 8th grade report due tomorrow

ttylbye

I am sooo not looking forward to jr high. I mean, my son maybe, but me, not so much. I can only imagine all the assignments I will be... helping with.
Speaking of jr high, my nephew just had his graduation pics taken! (which seem early to me) How time sure flies. Next thing I know it will be my ds picture day :pout:

Tonight, I was just being funny.

reports aren't bad....the stupid poster projects are my problem. I am not artsy, DS is not artsy....

EMMALEE has to do her brother's projects cause I am not good enough.

This seems like a great place to share my....errrrrrr DD's....paper mache elephant project from last year! This is the fifth such project I have done over the years. Parents come to me. :lol:

elephant_zps54dff6cb.jpg

This seems like a great place to share my....errrrrrr DD's....paper mache elephant project from last year! This is the fifth such project I have done over the years. Parents come to me. :lol:

elephant_zps54dff6cb.jpg

Look at you!!! We have a toucan ds made last year but your elephant puts it to shame!

nice dragonfly! be sure to tell dd what a great job "she" did!

I remember winning in 4th grade when we had to do one of the earth. I earned a ribbon for it... lucky for my kids I have some artistic talent. :giggle:

Yes, DD got a C on it. A C. I have NEVER gotten a C before. I could have killed her. Why? She didn't put the species name on it. :gah:

If Emmalee moves out some day...I MAY VERY WELL be paying $10 an hour for the artsy parts. (he does the scholastic numbers or report parts) ROFL

Yes, DD got a C on it. A C. I have NEVER gotten a C before. I could have killed her. Why? She didn't put the species name on it. :gah:

Awwww, YOUR first C. :pout:

you are dropping her gpa, btw. :cartwheel::cartwheel::giggle:

One year my DD18 had to make a plantation...5th grade maybe? I went all out, it was huge with several buildings. Then I needed slaves. I felt like the biggest **** calling around to various hobby shops asking if they had tiny slave people. It was horrible. I felt like an even bigger **** painting tiny white people black. My mom's friend was DD's teacher & I remember bringing it into school (no way was I letting a 10yo carry my masterpiece) and running into her in the hallway. She looked at it & said, "You are insane. You know that, right?.................Oh...my...god...did you paint them yourself?! ROFL!" :lol: DD14 didn't have to do that project. :giggles:

No Science Fair this year?

Nope.........Social Studies this year. I wish they would do a flipping Art Fair............how easy would that be?!!! :bee:

The elementary school that my 4 year old goes to is hosting a Science Fair this year for the first time. Pre-K through 2nd graders. Come on now, what kind of science project/experiment can they come up with. Thankful that it's optional for him.

HATE the Science Fair.

H-A-T-E

and that is a STRONG word....as has been pointed out!!

The elementary school that my 4 year old goes to is hosting a Science Fair this year for the first time. Pre-K through 2nd graders. Come on now, what kind of science project/experiment can they come up with. Thankful that it's optional for him.

Val you're not paying very close attention. The project is for you to do and for the child to hand in. :tap:

Every time I buy a new pair of shoes I am reluctant to throw the box away if it is sturdy enough as I have done my share of dioramas. Have done a paper mâché Venus and a stuffed felt fish. I am blessed in that my artistic abilities stopped at 5th grade so I really don't have to dumb down my creative abilities.

Back