What's new

Cookie Class

Okay I LOVE how this set of cookies turned out--posted them on FB but thought I would post here too to resurrect this thread

P1230950zzz.jpg

ugh SERIOUSLY tell me what am I doing wrong with photobucket now-a-days that images wont post??

Are you using the image code from PB?

I have tried both ways-- inserting the image code--or using location and inserting it

changed NOTHING from the way I have done it for years and years--just poof one day the broken link image shows up--I have searched on google and others seem to have similar issues

I have tried using IE as well as firefox

ugh

I got myself all new cookie sheets and LOTS of meringue powder :bliss:

Let the games begin! :stretch:

I have tried both ways-- inserting the image code--or using location and inserting it

changed NOTHING from the way I have done it for years and years--just poof one day the broken link image shows up--I have searched on google and others seem to have similar issues

I have tried using IE as well as firefox

ugh

Did you upgrade to the "New" photo bucket? If so, and that's when your problems started, you can go back to the old photobucket look. Found it somewhere on their site.

I go back to the old photobucket ALL the time

Can I freeze the decorated cookies? I have to do the decorated cookies one day and then all other cookies and bars 5 days later, just to much going on this year.

Just got invited to a cookie exchange on the 16th. I should start now so the f'ers dry. :giggles:

I've never been organized and done that far ahead to freeze decorated cookies :surrender: OR had the freezer space , but according to this, yes you can.

http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2012/05/yes-you-can-freeze-decorated.html

They do stay just fine for weeks in cookie tins too though.... personally, I wouldn't bother freezing any cookies I'm making for Christmas at this point.

I have frozen baked cookies but not the decorated ones. I was skeptical the forst time that they would not be as soft and fresh coming out of the freezer but they were. I will have to experiment with the decorated ones

I decorated Christmas sugar cookies a few weeks ago (3 maybe?), frozen them once dry. Took some out for a church pot luck on Sunday and they tasted just the same as day one :)

Man Valerie you're on top of things, baked Christmas cookies 3 weeks ago. I think you need to come over to my house, and kick my but in gear!

Growing up my Mom hosted Thanksgiving, it is her favorite holiday and she ALWAYS served a tray of Christmas cookies for dessert (along with the usual pies). But that was "her" thing. As all of us girls have grown up and she no longer hosts and she lost the love for baking, we sisters have picked up the tradition. We do a cookie exchange the week before Thanksgiving so that whomever is hosting will have a big tray of Christmas cookies for THanksgiving :)

I've never been organized and done that far ahead to freeze decorated cookies :surrender: OR had the freezer space , but according to this, yes you can.

http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2012/05/yes-you-can-freeze-decorated.html

They do stay just fine for weeks in cookie tins too though.... personally, I wouldn't bother freezing any cookies I'm making for Christmas at this point.

So, is this with all cookies or just the decorated ones? I have a ton of cookies/peppermint bark/peanut brittle to make for next Friday and I was afraid to start now -

I still have some from last year in a cookie tin. I'll just tell the family that the neighbor lady made them. :giggles:

Back