What's new

DJ's using kj harddrives

possumdog said:
1) I would feel better about Sound Choice if they had compensated Athena for her lawyer fees or gave her some songs or something.

2) I would feel better about them if Kurt Slep didn't name people on forums who had given him info .

1) This should have been a point of suit for any innocent KJ. Why wasn't it?

2) This is a HUGE issue. All of you "report them to SC" folks should be very aware that Kurt will happily use your help AGAINST YOU if he feels like it.
I don't know how it is in all regions, but trust me, if a "helper's" name is outed- like Kurt has already done- here, it would create a very dangerous situation. He has shown, at least in regard to "reporters", that he can't be trusted to respect your privacy, even though you think he's on your side. Be VERY careful.

JoeChartreuse said:
I don't know how it is in all regions, but trust me, if a "helper's" name is outed- like Kurt has already done- here, it would create a very dangerous situation. He has shown, at least in regard to "reporters", that he can't be trusted to respect your privacy, even though you think he's on your side. Be VERY careful.

Very :sqwink:

mn mule said:
hell i live in saint cloud mn and he have so many dj's using harddrive based karaoke here that they are killing the profit of the shows . i can easily name 6 or 7 companies that have started for anywhere from 100 plus drinks to 150 and it seems to be getting worse. anyone have ideas what i can do to curb the people sellin these and running them they are ruining the bussiness.with all this sound choice stuff goin on i hope that something happens soon.

mn mule,

It was great speaking with you on the phone last week. I'm glad you found us through my blog on MySpace.

For everyone else bashing this newcomer to the ODJT Board, you need to chill. This gentleman spoke with me & was quite scared & angry about the fact that his $300 gigs had dwindled to $100 since the loaded HDs moved to town. I refered him here through my blog on piracy so he could find out more about what Kurt has been posting.

I'm sorry mn mule, some of the kids here don't want us adults playing in the sandbox, but welcome anyway... :dontknow:

one claimed a Canadian name

unfortuantely that individual was an infant who lived only 5 weeks or something like that. The problem now is for the parents of the deceased infant and immigration at the border USA might cause issue for passage for an innocent couple who lost a child. I wonder what the Russian will suffer compared?:sqembarrassed:
SoftJock Rick said:
That's easy -- they are making more money then you -- they must be a thief.

We are all egotistical ****s, so anybody making more money, or grabbing bigger crowds than us, is obviously cheating in some way. It has nothing to do with our ability to entertain... :sqrolleyes: :sqlaugh:

Turn them all in -- they are commie ****s! In fact, a whole bunch of Russian commie ****s got busted the other day. I don't know any of them, but I bet they tried to sing... :sqerr:

possumdog said:
I have met Wall in person once. We are in adjoining "territories" and I have tried to keep cordial relations with any legal host in our area--which so far is 3. We share some pirates and have discussed them and their latest antics. I don't agree with everything Wall does or says and he knows that. But he is up front about what he believes and does so you have to credit him that. But he is out for his own company and not throwing any crumbs to ours which I don't expect. If you want to get rid of Wall, just tell the Keep Tahoe Blue people that he has threatened to add to the nitrogen load/algae bloom by putting pirates at the bottom of the lake and he will be shredded in short order.

Yes, you & I will be competing for those gems from the Comstock! Since Wall Of Sound Inc & Psycho Attitude Productions won't be able to book everything in the area since we only have 2 systems, there should be plenty of work for both of us since hopefully a ton of work for us legal folk will open up when the Nevada lawsuits hit.

****! I thought the boys in the cement shoes stayed preserved in that deep cold water! Don't tell the TRPA, they will surely shred me, or at least give me a hefty fine for polluting beautiful Lake Tahoe with karaoke pirate scum! :sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh:

mn mule said:
anyone have ideas what i can do to curb the people sellin these and running them they are ruining the bussiness.

Nah, there's no solution. I guess you'd just better get out of the karaoke business then.

Hey, how about this? Do some weddings and Mitzvahs! One wedding will net you almost ten time what you'll get as a KJ and you'll only have to do one show a week vs. five or six. Yeah. That's the ticket.

And, if you get out of karaoke, like me, then that will be even one more less customer for SC. Hey, that's even better. Maybe all the vendors will close up and karaoke will finally die completely.

But, then again, I could be wrong.

Good luck anyway.

TommyO said:
Nah, there's no solution. I guess you'd just better get out of the karaoke business then.

Hey, how about this? Do some weddings and Mitzvahs! One wedding will net you almost ten time what you'll get as a KJ and you'll only have to do one show a week vs. five or six. Yeah. That's the ticket.

And, if you get out of karaoke, like me, then that will be even one more less customer for SC. Hey, that's even better. Maybe all the vendors will close up and karaoke will finally die completely.

But, then again, I could be wrong.

Good luck anyway.

Yeah we try to do more weddings its funny how ya go to craigs list and the guy with the fancy ad and fancy web site doin shows for for little or nothing but we are workin on changing that also. OUT WITH THE DIRT BAGS!!!!!!!

SoftJock Rick said:
I'm with ya!

The dude down the street was actually allowing black people, italians, jews and arabs to work on his property -- he even rents out to some of "them" :sqerr:

I turned that SOB in! Ain't no way I'm gonna let my property value be devalued because of that sh_t! The nice SS guy said he'd take care of it, and they send these folks to some nice camp in the Catskills, where they even have delousing stations, and free medical care. They spend their time making lamp shades, and other crafts...

I feel better now... ;) :)

Rick,

You are twisted and sick!

(I admire those qualities actually.)

CLS:
IF (A$=B$ AND C$<>A$) AND (B$<>C$) THEN
(C$ = "BI" OR C$="LUCKY")
END IF

mn mule said:
Yeah we try to do more weddings its funny how ya go to craigs list and the guy with the fancy ad and fancy web site doin shows for for little or nothing but we are workin on changing that also. OUT WITH THE DIRT BAGS!!!!!!!

What? You want more than $100 for a wedding? You worther, you! :sqlaugh:

Seriously, I was being sarcastic above but you could actually make more with one wedding.

You KJ/hosts do a hell of a lot of work at one show in regards to managing the rotation. Then again, we wedding DJs (well, most of us) do a hell of a lot of work in the planning for a wedding.

Pick your poison but in the end, if everybody's happy the gratification is good.

DJ JohnThe1 said:
C'mon which one of you SC **** kissing fools opened up a new thread to keep this audit crap alive?

Give it a **** rest already.

I have suspected two or three of these in the past week.
It's pathetic really. Now we have Karaoke trolls.

Wall Of Sound said:
Yes, you & I will be competing for those gems from the Comstock! Since Wall Of Sound Inc & Psycho Attitude Productions won't be able to book everything in the area since we only have 2 systems, there should be plenty of work for both of us since hopefully a ton of work for us legal folk will open up when the Nevada lawsuits hit.

Yep. You'll go from a few shows to 14 just like starzkj went from 9 to 20 in Arizona when those lawsuits hit..... and once you drop your price (like he did) you'll be on a level playing field with all the former pirates that have purchased the gem sets on the "SC no interest finance plan." You'll have so much discounted work going on that you won't know what to do with yourself.

Hmmmmmm......not a slam dunk on any of it. From what I've been hearing, there are people already putting together systems (one, a former employee of Capt. Jack Sparrow) who are waiting to jump in and grab anything that becomes available. One is P.O.ed that he never got paid and is planning to take all of Capt. Jacks accounts right now. He doesn't wear a pink TuTu but I have seen him in a Raggedy Ann costume. The competition is getting excruciating.

SoftJock Rick said:
Sorry, I thought that was a certain karaoke manu's tag line. You do seem to be following it well though...

Without being outright blatant -- ok, it's late, I'll be blatant. Who's side are you on Mimi?

My analyst side, tells me yer a schill. Only a schill would play both sides of the coin. If so, you are doing a fair job of gaining confidence, but still not totally believable.

So tell me -- who won the world series in 1944...?

I like you Rick.
You are really really funny.

What has happened?
Wrong topic. OOps.
Sorry guys.

SoftJock Rick said:
Sorry, I thought that was a certain karaoke manu's tag line. You do seem to be following it well though...

Without being outright blatant -- ok, it's late, I'll be blatant. Who's side are you on Mimi?

My analyst side, tells me yer a schill. Only a schill would play both sides of the coin. If so, you are doing a fair job of gaining confidence, but still not totally believable.

So tell me -- who won the world series in 1944...?

Nice humor rick.
Hope I have the right topic this time.

Originally Posted by SoftJock Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have responded to this earlier, but have been sidetracked lately:

Rick, I firmly believe that there are certainly a few SC schills here, but Possum isn't one of them. I believe she genuinely sees points on both sides- whatever they may be.

I do NOT doubt her personal integrity.

Back