What's new

DJ's using kj harddrives

Thunder said:
Chip,

I haven't seen the settlement agreement, could you post your copy so we can see what is in it?

Here you go again.....

I never said I had a copy... please don't put words in my mouth or post assumptions regarding my posts. I really don't care how much "fun" you have with others by being so antagonistic but I find it really irritating. Please knock it off.

Why not get a copy from KJAthena or someone that you KNOW already has one instead of continually asking me for something you obviously know I don't have and since dropping the brand entirely, will never have.

Besides, as soon as you RENT the gem series, you'll have a copy of your very own. Suitable for framing I'm sure.

c. staley said:
Here you go again.....

I never said I had a copy... please don't put words in my mouth or post assumptions regarding my posts. I really don't care how much "fun" you have with others by being so antagonistic but I find it really irritating. Please knock it off.

Why not get a copy from KJAthena or someone that you KNOW already has one instead of continually asking me for something you obviously know I don't have and since dropping the brand entirely, will never have.

Besides, as soon as you RENT the gem series, you'll have a copy of your very own. Suitable for framing I'm sure.

Don't get angry Chip I was being straight up and not making any antagonistic "fun" with you! And truthfully I have never seen the settlement agreement, I believe it is kept confidentional between Sound Choice and those who have settled, but I may be wrong there as well!

I was basing it on your statement .....

The "settlement agreement" doesn't cover ANY OTHER BRAND - INCLUDING CHARTBUSTERS OR STELLAR RECORDS and you are fully aware of that.

I simply assumed that you have the settlement agreement since it would appear from your statement that you did indeed know what was in it!

Since Athena never "settled" with Sound Choice as she went through the audit and was found to be 1:1 she would not have been involved in the settlement agreement!

I just wanted to see the facts concerning the settlement agreement not have some sort of flame war with you!

However, if you are now saying that you don't know what is in the settlement agreement that is OK too!

Thunder said:
Good Point,

Athena,

Were any other brands looked at during the Audit?

Ken,

Where any other brands Looked at in the audit?

Kurt,

Are any other brands considered in the Settlement agreements and audits?

Yes other brands were looked at during OUR audit
We were found compliant and did not need to settle.

KjAthena said:
Yes other brands were looked at during OUR audit
We were found compliant and did not need to settle.

Then it is simply my opinion that you were under no obligation to address, display or show any other brand other than SC, no matter what you might have been told otherwise. If you did so, that was your agreement to do so as a courtesy.

Did they ask you what you stored your discs in or what kind of vehicle you use to transport your gear? It would have been just about as relevant.

I would suggest to Thunder that if he's really that hot about getting a copy of a settlement agreement, he should get one directly from Kurt. This way he won't have to be concerned about SC pulling a "switcheroo" on him as he expressed a few days ago.

c. staley said:
Then it is simply my opinion that you were under no obligation to address, display or show any other brand other than SC, no matter what you might have been told otherwise. If you did so, that was your agreement to do so as a courtesy.

I agree 100%

And SC had no obligation to withdraw the pending lawsuit, it was pulled as a courtesy to Athena after 1:1 compliance was demonstrated.

I dont like the FACT that SC has no problem involving paying customers in the lawsuit process, but lets keep it accurate.

c. staley said:

Did they ask you what you stored your discs in or what kind of vehicle you use to transport your gear? It would have been just about as relevant.

I would suggest to Thunder that if he's really that hot about getting a copy of a settlement agreement, he should get one directly from Kurt. This way he won't have to be concerned about SC pulling a "switcheroo" on him as he expressed a few days ago.

I am not sure if they asked how/where we stored our discs but I do know that the storage racks and binders were in veiw and we told them we had to retreive them from our storage. we showed any/all discs that were requested.

c. staley said:

?????

I must have been asleep when I posted that one!

Proformance said:
What stands out for me in this tale of woe is not the piracy or the SC lawsuit.

Everything you cite may be 100% true but, your problem is not the pirate or Sound choice. The source of the problem you are experiencing is the plan you have chosen to pursue.

And, pray tell:
(a) what is/are the problems I am experiencing?
(b) what is the plan i am pursuing?
(c) and how would you improve upon my plan?

I am "all ears"

ericlater said:
And, pray tell:
(a) what is/are the problems I am experiencing?

In your own words:
ericlater said:
And the situation is quickly becoming worse. I have been offered as little as $50 in an area that has a population of 2,000,000. In my market, for example, multi-riggers (all pirates), typically get $125 and share $50 of that with the host!

And with the ever decreasing rates for karaoke, many legitimate "old-timers" who used to get $300 a gig have left the business. Nonetheless, there is no shortage of hosts, and therefore no upward pressure on karaoke prices

(b) what is the plan i am pursuing?

You are pursuing work known to be low paying - and ontinuing to prusue it even as the rates and conditions continue to decline.

(c) and how would you improve upon my plan?

I wouldl just scrap it and stop waiting and hoping that the world is going to change. Find a more realistic target.

Proformance said:
In your own words:

You are pursuing work known to be low paying - and ontinuing to prusue it even as the rates and conditions continue to decline.

I wouldl just scrap it and stop waiting and hoping that the world is going to change. Find a more realistic target.

Oh really? In WHICH POST THAT I HAVE EVER MADE did I state how much i REQUIRE in the way of fees?

Now if you could teach people how to know exactly how much a perspective client is willing to pay prior to speaking with them you'd be a hero to many.:yoBow:

And while I have found that I cannot provide a proposal to a venue or to the host of a private party until I have determine much about the job, including the day of the week, the hours of the gig, and what equipment I will be required to bring, I will not assume beforehand that they cannot afford me.

Back