What's new

Ever you ever fired a gun?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Have you ever fired a gun? If so, why and where? More importantly; did you hit anything? :eek:

Yerr, a sort of shotgun with 'fake' bullets. We were having archery/shotgun training. It was cool :D I had the best feminine score, yayz!

I've been camping in the past and shot an air rifle with pellets - I would shoot cans and plastic bottles hanging from trees. The adults I was with at the time (it must have been about 2004 as I was still in primary school :s) were shooting at rabbits which were pests in the area, they managed to kill a couple with them.

My mum wasn't too impressed that they bought the rabbits back to camp and one of the dogs got hold of one of them and was running around with a dead rabbit in it's mouth. :p

I've fired many weapons, many times. From a tiny .22 revolver to an AK-47 to a street-sweeper. Thankfully, every time I've fired a gun was in practice or competition, so yeah, I hit all kinds of things!
My favorite thing to do is skeet shooting. My ol' man and I go up north with friends and try to out-shoot each other. Each person gets 5 shots at the skeets and we keep track of the scoring. The loser has to buy the first round at the bar that night. Not only have I never had to buy the first round, I consistently shoot 4/5 or 5/5.
Not much is more fun than getting together with your friends and shooting guns all day!
I just bought a Mossberg pump-action .410 for home protection and I'm going up this weekend to break it in. Fun stuff!!

Nope. I'm British so that could be a contributing factor to my lack of gun experience.

Nope. I'm British so that could be a contributing factor to my lack of gun experience.

I'm British too, but I've fired a few guns. Mainly at a military fayre back in... God, 2002? I've also shot a few times at my local county show, and although not a gun, at a medieval fayre I took part in crossbow and archery competitions, as well as mock duels.

And the obligatory paintballing experience.

I've fire a 9mm . i hit the target :D

Also, my grandpa has a hunting shotgun to shoot animals... LOVE IT. the barrel isn't even right and i can still shoot them :D

I used to do rifle shooting at a local range; I had to do it as part of my DofE award. I did keep it up for awhile but eventually gave up as I was the only young person there amongst, like, 40+ year olds.

I also had a go once or twice with my Dad's old shotgun. Clay shooting.

I'd love to go to a shooting range or something, but I've never fired a gun before.

The only gun I remember I fired with is the aqua gun. I used to shoot my bros and hit my targets really well. However, I have been fired upon by rifle's, AK-47's, mortars and a PTR. Thankfully, in all those times I have been under the protection of God. :)

Plenty of times. My dad's a gun nut, so we have a ton; shooting targets is fun!

Yes. And I loved it. My Uncle took me, my mother, my sister, and one of my cousins (who is my Uncles grandson) out shooting one day.

My Uncle said I was the best out of us, esp. for a first time shooter.
So, yeah, I hit something. We didn't have a target-target. He had us shoot at a plastic bottle and when it got to the point where I was shooing through the hole now in the bottle and hitting the dirt mount behind it instead he had me shoot at wood... I think it was a dead bush or small tree. Point is, I was so good at shooting that I wasn't even hitting the plastic of the bottle anymore, I just kept shooting through the hole that we had made before when shooting at it. So it was kinda like a target...
Oh and when i shot at the wood, I sent branches flying, it was awesome.

So I shot a revolver first, I forget what kind though. Then I got to shoot a rifle, a lightweight one that wasn't very powerful... compared to the other gun I wasn't allowed to shoot on account of if I did then I would have gone flying backwards, plus I would have gotten a really nasty bruise. And that was actually kinda weird, shooting a rifle. Because I can't shoot worth **** right handed with one, despite shooting fine right handed with a revolver, but when I switched to shooting left handed my Uncle told me I hit every target he told me to hit on the first try.
But when i was shooting right handed, the **** if anyone knew where I was aiming, because I thought I was aiming spot on... but nooooo...

I find this all funny considering my cousin has actually gone hunting and shooting with my Uncle before, so out of everyone he should have been the best.
But, I have TV and all those shooting games to thank as for myself being good at it. I pretty much already knew what to do, how to handle a gun, how to account for recoil, crap like that, before we started. But I'm a derp, so I'm glad my Uncle was there because I felt less nervous about shooting.

Anyway, that's the only time I've ever gone out shooting. It was ****in' hot, I was paranoid about rattlesnakes, I was thirsty, I was tired, did I mention the rattlesnakes?, and I had a headache the entire time.
So the outing was unpleasant, but the rush of shooting was not.

Yep, I've shot a gun! My brother's dad got me a Daisy Red Rider on my 5th birthday. I've since taken Hunter's Ed and have fired several different guns. It's been awhile, though!

Not a real gun but with a toy gun, yes. We usually play target shooting with toy guns. It's also fun to play target shooting in carnivals.

After what I have read here, I must of led a real sheltered life. I have never fired a gun, I wouldn't even know how to go about using one. To be honest I'm not sure I want to even find out. I don't even remember ever using a water gun for that matter. I do have brothers who had pellet guns when we were younger, but I never liked these or being around them that much to be honest.

Back