What's new

GEM Series appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazza said:
Worst case, I guess I buy em and then sell the disc sets on eBay for a loss. What a PIA though.

Why not wait until the disc are offically released before making ignorant comments about them!

Why would you buy them if you were simply going to resell them at a loss on ebay (just doesn't make any sense at all)

Why not just buy what you need or want on the regular CDG disc? There is a whole list of them available, no one is forcing you to buy GEM sets that more or less mirror the foundations 1 & 2 and the bricks!

Thunder said:
Why not wait until the disc are offically released before making ignorant comments about them!

Why would you buy them if you were simply going to resell them at a loss on ebay (just doesn't make any sense at all)

Why don't you take a reading comprehension course before making ignorant comments about other's posts? :sqlaugh:

I will type slower for you. Please try to keep up.

I would BUY the GEM set first. I would then SELL the Foundations & Bricks I already own on eBay since I would no longer need them, as they are duplicated within the GEM sets. However, this would be a PIA and a financial loss as previously stated.

Comprende Amigo?

Gee, let me rush right out and buy something that displays a Sound Choice trademark....NOT!

Let me ante up a pre-payment for a product that doesn't yet exist - from a manufacturer who's going to send low lifes to the bars looking for lawsuits .....NOT!

For Professional Karaoke Jockeys, the set-up of choice for Karaoke music has become MP3G files played back from a hard drive system. Unfortunately, until now, there has not been a legal source of Sound Choice MP3G files. As a matter of fact, in 90%+ cases, KJs with song files on their hard drive systems have obtained them illegally, either through buying them preloaded on a hard drive device or ripping them from their singer’s CDGs or swapping files with other KJs or making multiple copies of their own libraries. Unless you have a legally purchased original CDG disc to back up each and every song on your digital systems (referred to as 1:1), you are operating with illegal songs. And possessing of and/or using these illegal tracks leaves you exposed to criminal and civil fines and even jail time.

A lot of bogus speculation and wishful legal opinion, not fact. Maybe someday SC will stop treating KJs with such contempt - and maybe someday I will actually buy one of their products ....NOT!

Thunder said:

Now what fun would that be? :sqerr:

Bazza said:
Why don't you take a reading comprehension course before making ignorant comments about other's posts? :sqlaugh:

I will type slower for you. Please try to keep up.

I would BUY the GEM set first. I would then SELL the Foundations & Bricks I already own on eBay since I would no longer need them, as they are duplicated within the GEM sets. However, this would be a PIA and a financial loss as previously stated.

Comprende Amigo?

No problem with reading 101 here!

Let me try again!

Why not just buy what you need or want on the regular CDG disc? There is a whole list of them available, no one is forcing you to buy GEM sets that more or less mirror the foundations 1 & 2 and the bricks!

:sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh:

Gotcha. Why appeal to their core market anyway? Why super serve your best customers? Screw them. Make em buy it all again if they want additional titles.

To follow your logic, why come out with a GEM series at all? Everyone can just buy discs, right? There is a WHOLE LIST available! Geez, just buy the ones you want and shut up! Well, we see how well THAT business model has been working.

I will tell you why I want the GEM series (sans duplicates) instead of buying discs ala-carte. Availability, Price, One-Stop Shopping. Plain & Simple.

Bazza said:
I will tell you why I want the GEM series (sans duplicates) instead of buying discs ala-carte. Availability, Price, One-Stop Shopping. Plain & Simple.

OK, you confused me ( admittedly easy to do). If I understood you correctly, you said you already have the CD+Gs.

Are you saying you would like to replace them with MP3 discs?

I don't remember if you are disc or PC based, but:

If PC, I assume your discs are already ripped, so how do MP3s help you?

If disc, CD+G produce better sound quality- again, why replace them with MP3?

Just as an aside: What few SC discs I have are mostly the multiplex.
Cheaper, with a better useable (popular for singers) track ratio than Spotlight.

Bazza said:
Gotcha. Why appeal to their core market anyway? Why super serve your best customers? Screw them. Make em buy it all again if they want additional titles.

To follow your logic, why come out with a GEM series at all? Everyone can just buy discs, right? There is a WHOLE LIST available! Geez, just buy the ones you want and shut up! Well, we see how well THAT business model has been working.

OK then why complain about them?:sqconfused:

That is like saying you want the Foundations and bricks for the price that they sell for but you want to pick your own songs, that is called a custom disc and SC used to offer those (I bought several) but you have to pay a premium price for that just as any other manufacturer would charge you!

I don't understand what you are saying here? There has never been any manu that has ever put out a "set" of disc that hasn't had repeats from other disc that the same manu has put out! I doubt that will change anytime soon!

Why don't you just say what you mean, so far from my small reading comprehension what I have been able to ascertain is that you....

1. want Sound Choice to read you mind!

2. put together a digital set of songs that you personally do not have!

2. sell them to you real cheap!

Have I misread you again?

JoeChartreuse said:
OK, you confused me

Seems to be going around! :sqlaugh:

JoeChartreuse said:
If I understood you correctly, you said you already have the CD+Gs.

I have the Foundations/Bricks and a handful of other random SC discs.

JoeChartreuse said:
Are you saying you would like to replace them with MP3 discs?

Not if I don't have too. I am saying I want everything else.

JoeChartreuse said:
I don't remember if you are disc or PC based, but:

PC Based.

JoeChartreuse said:
If PC, I assume your discs are already ripped, so how do MP3s help you?

They would be SC songs that I currently do not have and/or are otherwise unavailable/out of print. The Eagles songs for example are only available via GEM.

JoeChartreuse said:
If disc, CD+G produce better sound quality- again, why replace them with MP3?

I would only be replacing them if forced too. In order to GET those other songs, I MUST rebuy all the songs I already own. I am not a multi-rigger, so I don't need two of everything, so in that case I would simply sell the CD+G sets and keep the GEM copies.

Thunder said:
OK then why complain about them?:sqconfused:

You call it complaining. I call it criticism. Some people (You?) are the "You get what you get and you don't get upset" type of person. I am not. What exactly is wrong with legit suggestions anyway?

I get the impression you believe that anyone criticizing Sound Choice must be "against them". Nothing is further from the truth. I am a HUGE Sound Choice fan...they are my #1 choice for music at my shows. I want EVERY SONG they have! I just don't want TWO of every song they have.

Thunder said:
That is like saying you want the Foundations and bricks for the price that they sell for but you want to pick your own songs, that is called a custom disc and SC used to offer those (I bought several) but you have to pay a premium price for that just as any other manufacturer would charge you!

Call it what you want. I call it serving your core customer. I would guess that the majority of legal KJ's have the Foundations for example. You see no problem with a single rig KJ (me) rebuying 99% of those songs again just to get the others.

Hey, it is what it is! Just suck it up & shut up! Sorry, that's not me.

Thunder said:
I don't understand what you are saying here? There has never been any manu that has ever put out a "set" of disc that hasn't had repeats from other disc that the same manu has put out! I doubt that will change anytime soon!

Well then let's not change anything. It worked great for Record Companies and the American Automobile industry. "This is the product & the way we have always done it. Buy it or don't." That worked real well for both industries didn't it.

We aren't talking about a few dupes here and there. We are talking 99% duplication of the ENTIRE Sound Choice core sets. I find it odd that even you don't find that a little extreme!

Look. Sound choice WANTS to sell products. Correct? The majority of their SUPER USERS already have the Foundations & Bricks...Correct? They already have the licensing...correct? They NEED the business...Correct? What is the downside here?

Thunder, you are a business man. If you had NO gig this Saturday and no plans, your business was down...and your BIGGEST repeat client called you and said "I want a private party, but I'm a little short on funds, can I get a discount?". Do you take it? Or do you tell him to quit complaining and "You get what you get". I know what I would do.

Thunder said:
Why don't you just say what you mean, so far from my small reading comprehension what I have been able to ascertain is that you....

1. want Sound Choice to read you mind!

2. put together a digital set of songs that you personally do not have!

2. sell them to you real cheap!

Have I misread you again?

Partially.

1 - I don't expect anyone to read my mind. In fact I am hoping that this discussion spurs SC on to create more diverse options within their GEM series! Constructive criticism is good for all!

2 - Yes, that's exactly what I want. An "Everything Else" set for those that already have Foundations & Bricks.

2 (again) - Nope, those are entirely YOUR words. I would gladly pay the rates listed in the super-secret Sound Choice web link for such a set. I am guessing it would be somewhere in the $3000 range...not exactly pocket change. And just from this forum I have seen at least two others say the exact same thing.

Clear as mud? :sqlaugh:

So what eagles songs are on the Gem set that you do not have?

Not sure about this but i think you can also purchgase the individual Gem Disc as well?

I was not wrong nor was I mistaken! LOL

The link to the Gem series is on the SC home page, they should have made it more noticeable though!

Thunder said:
So what eagles songs are on the Gem set that you do not have?

Not sure about this but i think you can also purchgase the individual Gem Disc as well?

No Steve, that was a suggestion by me. :sqbiggrin:

I understand exactly what Bazza is saying. For someone who already owns the Foundations and Bricks there is very little benefit. My suggestion, as I have previously stated is to contact Kurt and voice your complaints & concerns. Kurt is not against CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from their customers as I have freuquently voice my concerns to him.

IF Kurt gets enough feedback they may do something about it. If not, then you have a choice to make. How badly do you want those extra songs and how much are you willing to pay for them?

As it stands right now, I am NOT willing to shell out the extra money for the songs that I want that are in the diamond set.

However, there are enough songs in all the other sets that I would be willing to save up to buy the rest separately*there is no way on earth I could buy them all at once, even with a payment plan*

-James

I understand that but the fact is their other CDG disc are still available for purchase, which means instead of shelling out $260 or 290 for a small set of gems you can still purchase the regular CDGs for $23 or less! They are still the same songs that are available on the Gem sets!

To me the Gem set is either an easy and cheap way to get a second system up and running (which I intend to do) or a quick way for a pirate to get legal!

I believe that as these sets sell SC will produce new music in the sets as well!

Thunder said:

Now that would change the game. Provided the pricing structure remains the same (or within reason), I could just ala-carte the Diamond discs I want & eliminate the dupes. I hope this happens.

Thunder said:
I was not wrong nor was I mistaken! LOL

The link to the Gem series is on the SC home page, they should have made it more noticeable though!

No, you were wrong. That link just appeared in the last 24 hours. :sqlaugh:

Thunder said:
I understand that but the fact is their other CDG disc are still available for purchase, which means instead of shelling out $260 or 290 for a small set of gems you can still purchase the regular CDGs for $23 or less! They are still the same songs that are available on the Gem sets!

Yes, but at a MUCH higher price & less tracks per disc.

Thunder said:
To me the Gem set is either an easy and cheap way to get a second system up and running (which I intend to do) or a quick way for a pirate to get leg

Absolutely. I don't believe anyone is doubting this.

Thunder said:
I believe that as these sets sell SC will produce new music in the sets as well!

I hope this is also true. Still the best tracks in my opinion.

Bazza said:
Now that would change the game. Provided the pricing structure remains the same (or within reason), I could just ala-carte the Diamond discs I want & eliminate the dupes. I hope this happens.

I doubt that you will be getting single disc at disc set rates!

No, you were wrong. That link just appeared in the last 24 hours. :sqlaugh:

No I was right that is the link I clicked on before, it just isn't very noticeable

Yes, but at a MUCH higher price & less tracks per disc.

So we are getting back to the "I want them for cheap" line!

Absolutely. I don't believe anyone is doubting this.

I hope this is also true. Still the best tracks in my opinion.

You still didn't say what Eagles Songs were on the Gem Sets that you wanted!

Thunder said:
You still didn't say what Eagles Songs were on the Gem Sets that you wanted!

All of them! Why do you want to know?

Quid Pro Quo: You didn't say what you would do if your best repeat client called wanting a discount. :sqwink:

Bazza said:
All of them! Why do you want to know?

Quid Pro Quo: You didn't say what you would do if your best repeat client called wanting a discount. :sqwink:

So you don't even know what eagles songs are available on the GEM series!

If you were their best repeat client then you wouldn't need to purchase the GEM series would you?:sqlaugh:
You would already have everything they have produced!

My best repeat clients already get a discount from me, they don't even have to ask! And because they are my best repeat cleints they never would ask!:sqwink:

Thunder said:
So you don't even know what eagles songs are available on the GEM series!

Of course I do..but you didn't ask that now did you? Geez you love putting words in other peoples mouths. :sqrolleyes:

10202-01 Already Gone
10107-05 Desperado
10108-12 Hotel California
10108-17 Life in the Fast Lane
10042-15 Love Will Keep Us Alive
10035-15 Ol' 55
10202-25 Peaceful Easy Feeling
10085-17 Please Come Home For Christmas
10089-14 Seven Bridges Road

Thunder said:
If you were their best repeat client then you wouldn't need to purchase the GEM series would you?:sqlaugh:
You would already have everything they have produced!

"Reading Comprehension 101" again my good man. WE THE KJ COMMUNITY are their biggest repeat customer. I never said I was.

Thunder said:
My best repeat clients already get a discount from me, they don't even have to ask! And because they are my best repeat cleints they never would ask!:sqwink:

THANK YOU. You just made my point for me.

Bazza said:
Of course I do..but you didn't ask that now did you? Geez you love putting words in other peoples mouths. :sqrolleyes:

10202-01 Already Gone
10107-05 Desperado
10108-12 Hotel California
10108-17 Life in the Fast Lane
10042-15 Love Will Keep Us Alive
10035-15 Ol' 55
10202-25 Peaceful Easy Feeling
10085-17 Please Come Home For Christmas
10089-14 Seven Bridges Road

So which ones do you need?

"Reading Comprehension 101" again my good man. WE THE KJ COMMUNITY are their biggest repeat customer. I never said I was.

No the KJ community at large is not, the customers who have made large and multiple purchases from them are their best repeat clients! There are KJs right here on this board who have stated they have few to no Sound Choice disc in their systems, How would these KJs be considered "best or repeat clients"?

THANK YOU. You just made my point for me.

Really? Because Sound Choice has given me some pretty major discounts on some purchases already, and the GEM series is being offered at a major discount to everyone, yet you still complain!:sqwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back