What's new

High School Lunches and Sports questions

what I would do for my boys for Fall soccer ( but they only had practice until 5 pm..or games until 6:30 ish))
they pack 2 sandwiches for lunch along with other snacks they wanted. after school they took peanut butter crackers, pretzels, apples granola bars etc..

not high in protein but it held them over
if you son likes them how about those hormel completes or healthy choice shelf stable dry pasta thingies ( hey I might have a bunch left I could give you..) or can soup--or can beef stew?? or hot pockets ( I always leave mine out at work and cook thawed)..

hey if he has space in a locker my youngest ds always just took a box of granola bars, or a big bag of pretzels, or box of crackers--easier for him to snack if he didn't have to remember each day

My DS has a good thermos and he will bring soup every once in a while with his sandwich. It stays hot and he really enjoys it.

Ziplocs for Slices of bread and in the other ziploc chicken patties or Hotdogs he can heat up in the microwave?

My dh never really outgrew that bottomless pit type eating. His typical lunch for work....
2 sandwich- 1 of which is usually egg/cheese/bagel
a fruit
a veggie
chips
desert
3 snacks, usually cheese and crackers (about 8 of each), a couple granola bars, and some pretzels or cheese its
Coke and bottled water

Yet he's 5'10" and 155lbs... I don't get it

Know what?

I would like to point out that I am sooooo grateful to be in a country where we worry that our kids may spend a few hours hungry....and not worry about whether or not they will eat in the next day or two.

This post is making me feel grateful that our problems are keeping our kids FULL and not keeping them from (literally) starvng.

((((hugs)))) to you all.

How come you're not HS'ing your DS anymore? :bee:

I would have him keep a protein bar in his bag just in case. This is only for the time he really needs it. I also would do something he doesn't really like so he only eats it when there is nothing else.

Know what?

I would like to point out that I am sooooo grateful to be in a country where we worry that our kids may spend a few hours hungry....and not worry about whether or not they will eat in the next day or two.

This post is making me feel grateful that our problems are keeping our kids FULL and not keeping them from (literally) starvng.

((((hugs)))) to you all.

Sadly, there are children here in the US who go to bed hungry every night. Too many children. :pout:

And ones who get free lunch at school yet complain about what is served.

And ones who get free lunch at school yet complain about it.

If they are valid complaints, why not?

Children should not be treated as beggars can't be choosers. Children are not responsible for their parents' income or lack of one. Children are not responsible for how their parents manage money, or shopping, or meal planning.

If they are valid complaints, why not?

What would a valid complaint be? Public school meals are certified as "nutritious". :9:

And ones who get free lunch at school yet complain about it.

Which usually are only what the fed. gov. has decided are minimums required based on age. The portions are tiny.

kids 5 years old and up (including adults)

4 chicken nuggets, 1/2 cup veggie, 1/2 cup fruit. 8 oz milk. = free lunch

No condiments are required.

Sadly, there are children here in the US who go to bed hungry every night. Too many children. :pout:

I know. I am grateful we don't seem to be among them.

I know. I am grateful we don't seem to be among them.
:lol::lol::lol: If someone were to see just the food (most) of us have, they'd think we were filthy rich! Too much food and trying to make sure I use it all is one problem I'm thankful to have!

Are the meals you make your kids nutritious? Do they complain about what you serve them?

Sometimes and yes. :9:

Back