What's new

How old do I look, really?

in your pic in post #4, I think you'll look great cutting it off by 3 or 4 inches and go to a great sought after stylist for layering. I assure you, layering will make a huge difference in you. then take pics and let us see :)

I had layers once, here is a pic of right after I got it cut.

PICT0046_2.jpg

Hmmmm.... I think you should cut it a few inches add MORE layers, highlights, lowlights, some make up and you are good to go!

The side part definitely looks better on you than the middle part. The layers look great, but you need more layers than that.

That isn't really layers, that is straight, with a U shape on the ends. Layers would be one patch of hair is say 4 inches from the crown, next layer is 5 inches, then 6 ect... not one length with a U on the bottom.

you might want to try a shade darker then lots of highlights and lowlights?

in the hands of a good stylist, you'll look stunning,

if you get a bad one, you'll just have to wear a turban for a while :lol:

I'm not sure if layers or my part really even matter as I mostly see people at work, and my hair is up then.

Dismissing it, again! :ahh: :pullhair: and last thought, :hb:

Go to the dermatologist and get that spot take off, it is very easy and painless.

You look young but the older people are the younger they will think you are. People always tell me I look younger than I am, but if you put me next to a person that age you could clearly see the difference.

You don't know how much that would cost do you? I would totally do it, but I'm worried about how much it would cost. I need to go to the dermatologist to get some moles looked at anyway, so I was planning on asking.

Liz these people are trying to give you suggestions--really hair grows back--and if you don’t like it well you said you wear it up at work anyway. I am not a girly girl or hair focused person, but I agree--go for a change..about 4-6 inches shorter then the above photo and LOTS of layer--with a bit of highlighting--and go to a mall department store or Ulta for a free make-up lesson--even if it is just eyeliner and mascara..it will be a a nice change..

Take off an inch ... get used to it.

Take off another inch ... get used to it.

I've heard bald is beautiful

Liz these people are trying to give you suggestions--really hair grows back--and if you don’t like it well you said you wear it up at work anyway. I am not a girly girl or hair focused person, but I agree--go for a change..about 4-6 inches shorter then the above photo and LOTS of layer--with a bit of highlighting--and go to a mall department store or Ulta for a free make-up lesson--even if it is just eyeliner and mascara..it will be a a nice change..

It's just that I regret cutting it the last time, and it takes years to grow back. The makeup suggestions I will probably take though, except for probably eyeliner (but maybe I'll try again to see if I can get it to look right). I'm really interested in the Bare Minerals, so I'm going to go to Ulta to check that out. And I do usually wear more blush and lipstick than I have on in those pictures.

and what the heck are you doing spending $350 for a haircut??

for God's sake you can really get a nice cut for about $25

include highlights you can still be under $100

I'm loving all of the advice you are giving Liz. It is encouraging me to go for a change as I'm also a part in the middle, straight muddy blond hair, no makeup kind of gal. It worked fine until my mid-30s, but now I'm a little rough around the edges.

Did take my hair too short with the last cut, but fortunately it grows quickly so it is almost back to shoulder length. Trying to decide which of the advice you have given to follow first.

You don't know how much that would cost do you? I would totally do it, but I'm worried about how much it would cost. I need to go to the dermatologist to get some moles looked at anyway, so I was planning on asking.
regarding the sun spot, I can't really tell how dark it is but you know I have developed some and use the Olay ProX discoloration serum and it has lightened my age spots near my eyes. I got it on sale plus high value MQs and the Olay rebate. when you're on treatment, make sure to put on high sfp sunblock ALL the time.

If that one still don't work, then go to a dermatologist.

If you dont like your look/style now then what do you have to lose by not liking the look after the cut?

and what the heck are you doing spending $350 for a haircut??

for God's sake you can really get a nice cut for about $25

include highlights you can still be under $100

When she said it wasn't worth the $350, I am assuming that she sold her hair for $350. I can't see her spending that on a haircut.

Here's one more where I have on lipstick, but I think it's either too much or the wrong shade:

IMG_0567.jpg

Back