What's new

How'd you start?

i went to pee and puff, there was blood... i was home though XD

It just happened one weekend in the evening. I went to the bathroom and I saw what appeared to be spotting. Having two older sisters and a mother who took the time to prepare us I had a feeling I knew what was happening. However, being only eleven I wasn't read to actually admit this was what was happening, it wasn't till the next day that I realized that I had indeed started my period. The odd thing is I didn't have severe cramps the first time, this started a few months later during my cycle.

Some of you had pretty dramatic first times!! Thank god, mine was pretty boring. I was at home and started feeling uncomfortable. I went to the toilet,figured out what happened and just picked up a pad to use. Thank god that our schools had instructors who came in to teach us about puberty and what it entails. My mother had taught me too but learning together with your fellow classmates and getting questions answered was what prepared me.

I was at school.. how embarrassing. I went to the bathroom and then I saw that I had started.. I was like "Oh great". I was too ashamed to ask the nurse for a pad or tampon too. :( So I call my mom up and tell her. My mother's response: "WELCOME TO THE CLUB!" -_-;

I was in the bathroom at school. I was almost 16 when I started, so I obviously knew what it was and how to deal with it. Thank goodness my best friend was in there. I was able to ask her for a pad without being embarrassed! When I first started, my periods were heavy and irregular. I had two periods a month for about a year. I took BC to regulate them, but I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking it. I didn't get cramps at first, either, but now I do.

It was the first day I got my report letter on my behaviour and progress in high school and I came home and showed my mum. I was standing in the living room when I felt something odd so I went to the toilet and froze for like 2 minutes, in shock. Period didn't come to mind at first, I just wasn't expecting it. I didn't do anything, I just pulled my underwear up and went downstairs and whispered in my mum's ear (my brother was there), "I think I've started my period" and she was like, "omg!". She then rang pretty much everyone in my family to tell them about my report but then added on that I'd started my period which kinda pissed me off. She then showed me how to use a tampon and we hugged and we got quite emotional. Then she said, "you've got this every month for the next 80 years" and I was like :duh: I was fine though later :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was like 12, when I first got my period, I thought there was something wrong with me and I called the ambulance saying my vagina was bleeding..

omg :lol: I hope the ambulance didn't come.

As the only guy I know that had a similar experience, it's scary.

It basically involved a high speed accident and a torn urethra, I won't get into details.

It was about 3 years ago and I was in my house and I just saw lots of blood down the toilet. I knew what it was, so I just told my mum and she dealt with it. No big deal for me. :)

I was in bed, had pains, went to the toilet, looked down. Oh. I knew what it was so I put something on and yeah. :p

Periods are very painful for me and pretty much always have been.
I always knew pretty much anything about the average period, apart from the pains. I thought I had appendicitis when I was due to start for the first time.
Within a couple of days where I was bed-ridden and the tests came back normal, I felt the blood discharging.
I went to the toilet and then I knew.

It started while I was sleeping, I woke up in a lot of pain and blood everywhere. I was scared tho so I didnt tell my parents right away, I told them a hour later though. I used my mom's pads to last me till than. I told them, my mom started congratulating me and my dad was thinking that he is going to lose more money in the month.

I started while playing with my best friend at the time, in the yard during the fall. Then I felt funny and went inside and I saw I got my period and my mom came in and assisted me with learning how to use pads. Then I walked out angrily and my brother was like "what's up with you?" and I very angrily said "I GOT MY PERIOD!"

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that... I didn't even have cramps the first time. Now I really am unhappy when it happens. XD

Back