What's new

I remember when _________ was Cool (You fill in the blank)

psh0615

Don't waste a minute being unhappy. If one window
PF Member
Reaction score
Saw this topic listed at rs & since we're dead in off-topic-thought we could use some new topics that won't make newbies run for their life.

I remember when big hair was cool & Pepsi came in glass bottles

Jelly shoes, jelly bracelets, slap bracelets, M.C. Hammer, Vanilla Ice, New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Wilson Phillips, tight-rolled jeans + layered slouch socks of different colors, t-shirt clips, acid washed jeans, side ponytails, pogo balls.

I'm sure I missed things, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

I remember when fish net GLOVES were cool.
yes, this is me
scan0003.jpg

Smoking...

When I was in college, the sorority pledges were taught smoking manners...they were only supposed to smoke the brands that had white paper covering the filters...

Stirrup pants...the first time around in the mid 60's
Bucket bags...

Neon clothes, pleather pants, cutting all the ribbing off of a sweatshirt & wearing it off the shoulder, shoulder pads, wearing a mens button down shirt with a belt around the waist, Aqua Net, tight rolling jeans, blue eye liner, Guess Jeans (yes, they are still around, but not the status symbol they were), and skirts with a wide elastic waist band.

Swatch watches!

I was also reminiscing with my friend last night...remember when ALL stores were closed on Sunday?

Those big Unbreakable combs in the back pocket.

Jelly shoes, jelly bracelets, slap bracelets, M.C. Hammer, Vanilla Ice, New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Wilson Phillips, tight-rolled jeans + layered slouch socks of different colors, t-shirt clips, acid washed jeans, side ponytails, pogo balls.

:tap: STILL COOL!! :giggles:

Arcades, Dance Party USA, Mickey Mouse Club

skip-its and neon scrunchies

Double-dating...

Wrapping your boyfriend's class ring with angora (sometimes daily to match your sweater set & knee socks) so it would fit...

Turn-about dances...

Back