What's new

If you won the lottery would you stay in school and/or keep your job?

Ringo

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
It depends on the amount... lol
I would definitely finish school out because knowledge is power!!! Not sure about the job. I'd like to live comfortably so I'd probably just expand on the amount after paying off whatever I needed to pay off.

I'd take advantage of the money to go to a great university! :)
It's always best to have as many qualifications as you can under your belt.
Then they're there when you need them, if ever :)

I'd still go to university as it's an experience, then probably take a freelance job (like photography, or web design, or make an app) so that you don't have to work 9-5 every day and get time to enjoy the lifestyle but also have something else to do.

Haha. I'd be lazy and just sit at home all day.

i'd study a lot..
then travel the world
then get a job

Buy a decent house, put a portion aside for children, buy some luxuary items (like clothes, driving lessons + a car) and save the rest.

I would just carry on through my life like I never won it, get a high education and reach goals I've set for myself from where I am now. Then once I have a job, I can slowly use the money to help me improve my ability at the job I may have, use it for house payments and such. I probably wouldn't make a big deal about it. I don't care about money anyway. I just would like to achieve what I've set for myself on my own, use it only if necessary. If not, it'll be saved. Maybe add to the money. Nothing special.

I'd get a job of some kind- I need something to occupy me day-to-day or I get stir-crazy, and I can't blow all that money I won on traveling all the time to keep me occupied. Better to live comfortably and keep the income flowing. :p

I would put all of it in the bank and keep living the life I live now.

I'd still attend college and work - I wouldn't want to sit around drowning in money all day.

I would put the money in the bank and never work again, lol. And I wouldn't spend it on unnecessary stuff.

I'd leave all education, not to stay stupid, but to study myself at home for whatever courses I want and then paying for a teacher and to sit the exams. Then I'd probably do all the courses I wanted to do 2 years ago but have left too late now. I'd move out from my parents ASAP and buy a nice big house for me and my boyfriend and live happily ever after. :)

I would leave my job, but not because I don't love it.
As much as I love working with seniors, I've always wanted to start a canine rescue, so that's what I would do.

I'd probably invest my money and go to a private school such as Eaton to give myself a prestigious edge, plus visits from Prince Harry, whats not to love?!

I'd give up my current part time job at the hotel, definitely! I'd probably still want to work though, to keep me busy mainly. I'd still work towards the career I want, without any money worries. However, I'd lose motivation. If I came to a hurdle, I'd probably think "oh well, I have money. I don't need this course or career anyway" and give up. Though I'd try not too. I'd want to keep busy but with a job I loved, so I'd try to keep at it. I'd continue to still teach myself new things whilst in the career of my choice though. If I was still in school, I'd stay in school.

Well my year has to stay in education till they're 17 so I can't really just leave
But anyway, I'd still go and become a Police Detective ;)

You basically need to win the lottery to go to college anyway, lol.

You basically need to win the lottery to go to college anyway, lol.

No joke!

I would keep working because I get bored very easily and need something to keep me busy! I would also go to college, pay off my debt, and buy my family some things that we need or want.

Back