What's new

Karaoke Haters

jclaydon said:
I'm afraid I don't have any better answer for the piracy end, but in terms of being able to produce affordable legal karaoke, I was wondering if it would be possible to record the MUSIC in the US and then turn them into proper "Karaoke" tracks as a UK product that is imported much like Zoom etc is.

James, in this digital day and age it's entirely possible for a recording to be made without any of the musicians ever setting foot in the same country as any of the others. I've played on music where the artists involved were spread across half the globe. You can record the music anywhere you please, and license it anywhere you please.

c. staley said:
That is because we are not in Japan... The Japanese karaoke bars don't need a host... and many times the bartender is the one that collects the slips for the songs... No intro, no nothing... when your song title comes up, you'd better haul **** to the stage. And it will more often than not, cost you to sing a song.

You are quite correct. I was trying to use the phrase "public venue" as a clarification- meaning American style bars.

There ARE a few Asian style "Karaoke Rooms" in my area- ( usually a privately rented hall, and no liquor license). I have seen the machines used there with some success- but not much. Just not as much fun as in an American bar with a good host.

The host is still needed for Asian style, because those types of bars actually encourage "bribe to bump", and with no host, a "rotation" ( and I use the term VERY loosely) is a mess.

JoeChartreuse said:
The host is still needed for Asian style, because those types of bars actually encourage "bribe to bump", and with no host, a "rotation" ( and I use the term VERY loosely) is a mess.

Come, you sing to hostess Joe, she show you good time.... Come, we set you here in room and pretty girl join you now. She very nice...

sparkles said:
I saw the web page and it looks to me like it's available but nowhere does state he is using it. Sounds like many techy things were left out. I called my pc guy and he said it's possible and as long as the same song isn't played at the exact same time it's authentic to him. So I guess the "Investigators must go to two shows, request the same sc song, hope it's not duplicated and catch him in the act! Until then it's all speculation. Not worth slander. Then if he comes to court with two copies? Egg in face. Maybe you should go and buy back all the disks you sold first? The law suit will never ever amount to anything but ruining reputations, I guess that's the purpose, Blackmail!

This guy ya'll reply to as "STEVE" thunder, maybe it's his middle name? I just saw him running a karaoke show friday night at Baja Bean. His name is Jeffery Smith or Smitty's Karaoke. Looks like that picture anyway. Also he is named in a sound choice law suit a friend sent me a copy printed from court records dated july 6th 2010. He is accused on line 162, 163 &164 repeatedly displaying sc trademarks without right etc. The other guys name is there too along with countless others. Are they all guilty or just everyone but thunder. This nuts guy doesn't look like he is hiding, he may have stuck his neck out a bit prematurely. Must be nuts.

After reading this thread it seems pretty clear this nuts guy has worked out a way to help everyone use their music collections to their fullest. Why are you trashing him. I want it to work, I think Sc is scared to death, we should be cheering him on, not biting at his heals. Who's team are you on? Then sc says he bought 300 disks this year! Isn't that like 7k$. Yet you are sicking your dogs on him? Wow, I want to do business with you! :yomoon:

Sparkles

Ok newcomer who just signed up in August. Where are you from or are you going to hide behind the internet mask & make accusations?

This guy ya'll reply to as "STEVE" thunder, maybe it's his middle name? I just saw him running a karaoke show friday night at Baja Bean. His name is Jeffery Smith or Smitty's Karaoke. Looks like that picture anyway. Also he is named in a sound choice law suit a friend sent me a copy printed from court records dated july 6th 2010. He is accused on line 162, 163 &164 repeatedly displaying sc trademarks without right etc. The other guys name is there too along with countless others. Are they all guilty or just everyone but thunder. This nuts guy doesn't look like he is hiding, he may have stuck his neck out a bit prematurely. Must be nuts.

Anyone notice anything incorrect here?

Say Hello to Nigel!:tribiggrin:

Skid Rowe said:
Thanks Thunder. Looks like Sound Choice may have put this in several news papers hopeing to reach (or teach) a larger mass of people about the problems with piracy.

We have no control over where the article gets posted. We were contacted out of the blue and did the interview with a reporter for the Charlotte Observer and the editors decided it was Front Page news. The News and Observer in Raleigh is a "sister" paper and part of the McClatchy newspaper chain and picked it up, but I don't know where else it might appear.

JoeChartreuse said:
I sing for you LONG time! :tritongue:

I was in Honolulu once looking for a karaoke place with my buddy Psycho Mike. We go into this place & literally they said, "You sing to hostess". There were all these beautiful Japanese girls sitting at the bar smiling at us. It was quite an enlightening introduction to a type of Asian karaoke which appeared to us as a total front for prostitution!

Have you ever visited the far East Wall? Imagine your wildest dreams and it wont even touch the experience. Trust me on this. Psychomike would be simple puddin over there trust me.

Jon Tuck said:
Have you ever visited the far East Wall? Imagine your wildest dreams and it wont even touch the experience. Trust me on this. Psychomike would be simple puddin over there trust me.

Haven't been there yet but Thailand is a possibility.....

you will consider Hawaii and that experience a church social trust me on this. I am now in my later yrs putting money aside to go retire on the beach in the Philippines. I want to ride off into a steamy sunset.

Jon Tuck said:
you will consider Hawaii and that experience a church social trust me on this. I am now in my later yrs putting money aside to go retire on the beach in the Philippines. I want to ride off into a steamy sunset.

Jon: you owe me a song before you leave! ;)

Thunder said:
This guy ya'll reply to as "STEVE" thunder, maybe it's his middle name? . His name is Jeffery Smith or Smitty's Karaoke. Looks like that picture anyway.

Anyone notice anything incorrect here?

Crap, you mean I have kissed BOTH of you then? AND THE DOG? I am gonna have to look thru my pics again. This cant be right, I am sure I have a pic of both of these people...not the dog tho. LOL. ;)

Harryoke said:
Crap, you mean I have kissed BOTH of you then? AND THE DOG? I am gonna have to look thru my pics again. This cant be right, I am sure I have a pic of both of these people...not the dog tho. LOL. ;)

What you mean you made out with Smitty too!:tritongue:

I brought you a woman what more did you need! And don't be calling her a dog!:triwink:

Thunder said:
What you mean you made out with Smitty too!:tritongue:

I brought you a woman what more did you need! And don't be calling her a dog!:triwink:

According to Nigel, LOL...

...and HAHAHAHAHA...yesssss! LOL!!! Actually I meant the St Bernard, but you have brought up an EXCELLENT point my friend, LOL.

Seriously, last time I saw you was the last recreational time I took off voluntarily. No joke.

Loneavenger said:
LOL Nutz, don't create new accounts under a name like Sparkles to talk yourself up haha, that's funny

Sparkle Nutz!:tribiggrin::trismug:

Wall Of Sound said:
Haven't been there yet but Thailand is a possibility.....

Are you suggesting that you'd go to Thailand (out of the country) in order to do something you couldn't legally do here in the U.S.????

(sounds vaguely familiar don't it?.... where have I heard that before???)

Back