What's new

Karma Basics

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I put some quick video's together on the Basics of Karma... Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbNF4hPI8A"]YouTube - Karma Basics Part I[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuLTrZDU5TM"]YouTube - Karma Basics Part II[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmQEYmBgTIo"]YouTube - Karma Basics Part III[/ame]

What goes around comes around????

:sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh:

Yeah, weird name for Karaoke software unless I'm missing something.

If it's actually a good program then at $99 they're going to sell a lot of licenses. Hoster is $149 and Compuhost is $179, VirtualDJ is like $300, OTSAV DJ Pro is $300. For $99 if it's stable, has a good sound engine, good lookup and file management and even a rudimentary rotation management function they're going to sell a bunch.

If it can also fade filler music in and out, that's a huge plus as far as I'm concerned.

Based on everything I've read so far, Compuhost is head and shoulders above the other programs. I've used Hoster a bunch of times and it works fine. It's pretty stable and it's pretty simple, but there is no tempo adjustment(not a big deal for most users), it's kind of crude and rudimentary in several ways and it uses a proprietary file format. There are other things, but that's all I'm going to mention right now since I've droned on and on already.

It's very stable and very much well above a rudementary rotation handling system.... also it handles the database superbly..... just watch the video's you'll see... so far I haven't been able to crash it and the sound is great. As good as any DJ software I've ever heard.

Here I thought you were talking Karma (as per SVO above)

[ame="http://www.ourdjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=27348"]Our DJ Talk - DJ Help and Resources Chat![/ame]

I think I may do these over and drop the background music it's hard to hear what I'm saying about things...

So as I prepare to do that are there any features or questions you'd like addresed?

Yeah, start from the very beginning, square one. How do you add music, once you add the music what do you do next?

Basic operation: Person walks up with a slip, you add them to the rotation, announce the next person up to the stage and start their song. Restart their song because they weren't ready and lower the key a half step. Oops, wrong song, stop the song and search for another song, select the song and start it playing. Yadda, yadda . . .

Yeah, start from the very beginning, square one. How do you add music, once you add the music what do you do next?

Basic operation: Person walks up with a slip, you add them to the rotation, announce the next person up to the stage and start their song. Restart their song because they weren't ready and lower the key a half step. Oops, wrong song, stop the song and search for another song, select the song and start it playing. Yadda, yadda . . .

Do they need to be drunk and hum a few bars of the song they want to sing but can neither remember the name of the song or even the artist that sings it... or just completely get it wrong and tell you, you're nuts because **** I know that song was sung by that group... guy?

Drunk, definitely! :sqlaugh:

Never had this before but it would be nice if a nice young hottie comes up, flashes her boobies and takes a bow. :sqbiggrin: Yeah baby! Better than a tip.

Drunk, definitely! :sqlaugh:

Never had this before but it would be nice if a nice young hottie comes up, flashes her boobies and takes a bow. :sqbiggrin: Yeah baby! Better than a tip.

Even Karaoke Hosts get the boobie rub... to play their song next cause... they have to leave so early... and all. Or BJ is waiting on them in the parking lot.:sqlaugh:

Video coming but.... it's long so I may have to load it to my own site.... unless someone knows a good place I can host it free... it's near 22 minutes long.... but covers all the basics....

Ok this is too big for YouTube... so I'm going to host it on my own site.... it's 40mb .wmv file.... not sure if it will stream from my site or if you'll have to download it.

I covered all the basics from file format to running a short rotation...

I hope you find it useful..... enjoy!

You must Right click on the link and then choose Save As and it will download to your computer for local playback.

www.totalimpactdjs.com/karma_basics.wmv

Rob,

Great job on the basics, now how do you save the singers list and playlist for each singer for each show?

Oh and by the way do the videos without the music background bed it over rides your vocals!

Rob,

Great job on the basics, now how do you save the singers list and playlist for each singer for each show?

Oh and by the way do the videos without the music background bed it over rides your vocals!

Singer history is saved by default.... but you can turn it on or off and even clear their history or remove from history.... I'll do a video on that shortly.... for now I'm going to bed.

Singer history is saved by default.... but you can turn it on or off and even clear their history or remove from history.... I'll do a video on that shortly.... for now I'm going to bed.

Actually I am looking for a way to save each one of the SHOWS such as Applebees N, BAJA C, McGrady's, BAJA C, BAJA N and Applebees P!

The singers for each show and the song histories for each! Is there a way to do this? And then reload the singer playlist for each show!

Back