What's new

Let's continue to get to know our fellow CWer's............

aki

I went from a vegetable to a sausage
PF Member
Reaction score
So what do you do for a living???

Me first.....I went to school to be a travel agent, but after 9/11, I switched gears and started working in finance. I have been there ever since.

Right now I work for Windy City Limousine part time. :(

Looking for a new place to hang my hat. :)

Next.................................

I was a tax lady...now I'm retired, on SS, and spending my children's inheritance...DH is also retired but fixes lawnmowers, weedeaters, & snowblowers.

Stay at home mom and babysit 2 others during the day.

Teacher:teacher: (so excited to use that little smily!)

I grew up wanting to be the first female commissioner of the NFL; I ended up being the referee to the allbluezoo LOL!

Seriously though, went to school and graduated with a BA in Criminal Justice - bounced around different admin, management positions then ended up being a drunk pretty much. That got old real quick and the long and short is I landed in Cali, met DH, got married and started making a family :) Here we are 8 years later....the last job outside the house I had was as a teacher's assistant at my kids' school in Hawaii. I run my own Tastefully Simple business now and LOVE IT.

I'd love to go back to school and get my law degree just for ****s and grins.

Fark, I didn't answer the question! What do I do for a living? I'm a housekeeper, accountant, taxi, chef, laundress, personal assistant, financial advisor, personal shopper, pet sitter, administrative assistant, referee, travel agent, hostess, server, research assistant....and on and on and on.

Hi-Pam here and I went to school for CNA(nursing assitant) Phlebotomy(draws blood) looking for work so in the mean time I'm a Mom of 4 -19,14,12,11...

I have a degree in business and worked in finance for over 10 years-now I'm back in school for nursing.
Barb-it's never too late to go back!

Got a bachelors degree with a fashion merchandising major. My last real job was merchandiser for Kenneth Cole. After 10yrs at home, I went back to work part time as a preschool aide. Oh, and I also have real estate license that I don't use. Still deciding what I want to do in the future.
Forgot to add that I teach a kids music class (singing) through my local rec department.

pk1989, I would have thought those jobs would ALWAYS be in demand :-(

Nursing was my goal...my credits got screwed up and I didn't get to go back/finish.

SOOO, I am a couponer.

I think I should have been a writer, a comedianne, or some type of preformer...but don't see that happening. Was also good in marketing, floor sets (retail), and LOVE numbers..

Is it too late to grow up and be one of those things?!?!

There is a demand for RN's, LPN's & CNA.

http://www.hospitaljobsonline.com/job/1/Nurse_CNA__Nurse_Assistant____________/IL

Right now, I'm a nothing. I'm hoping to get a job at a grocery store again (cashier or customer service) after our trip to Mongolia.

I have a degree in Special Education. I am a SAHM, but work with my client who has Down's for a couple of hours a day. I'd like to get a Master's in accounting or finance.

I used to get paid to teach junior high. I gave that up to homeschool my own. I started homeschooling when my oldest was in 9th and number 2 was in fourth grade. That was 11 years ago. Now I homeschool my 10, 8, almost 6, and 3 year old. I always loved school and learning things. I have a real interest in finances these days though. If I could pick a second career maybe it would be a financial planner. Not that I know anything special about finances, but I would like to help people (myself included) become debt free.

Is it too late to grow up and be one of those things?!?!

It is never too late! I'm on my billionth career already. OK, let's see -- I was a librarian, now am a freelance writer, consulting editor for a library-science publisher, blogger, run a career website for librarians and earn a bit off that, do workshops and presentations for librarians, resell books on amazon... um... work-at-home mom. And big proponent of multiple streams of income. :lol:

Have two businesses one is an auto body repair shop and the other is head projectionist at an indie theatre.

M

I grew up wanting to be the first female commissioner of the NFL; I ended up being the referee to the allbluezoo LOL!

Seriously though, went to school and graduated with a BA in Criminal Justice - bounced around different admin, management positions then ended up being a drunk pretty much. That got old real quick and the long and short is I landed in Cali, met DH, got married and started making a family :) Here we are 8 years later....the last job outside the house I had was as a teacher's assistant at my kids' school in Hawaii. I run my own Tastefully Simple business now and LOVE IT.

I'd love to go back to school and get my law degree just for ****s and grins.

Fark, I didn't answer the question! What do I do for a living? I'm a housekeeper, accountant, taxi, chef, laundress, personal assistant, financial advisor, personal shopper, pet sitter, administrative assistant, referee, travel agent, hostess, server, research assistant....and on and on and on.

:shesaid:

Well I was a professional student - have a BA in Economics, a technical diploma in computer systems and a Master of Science in Computing Technology in Education. But then I had to get a job cause no one would give me money unless I was in school, but I was bored of that.

I've worked in a tourist trap selling plastic totem poles and all kinds of analyst/low level management jobs and I'm currently a full-time Analyst for one of the leading library automation software firms.

I'm also a full-time single mom with all the rights and responsibilities that come with the job.

Waitress..........but I've been on leave since Sept-I don't have time to work with all the shopping I do :lol:

Was ready for nursing school then I ended up being an at home nurse to my daughter-who needs a degree.......though I would also love to be a patient advocate :)

Right now, I'm a nothing. I'm hoping to get a job at a grocery store again (cashier or customer service) after our trip to Mongolia.
Mongolia!!!! How superexciting!!! Do you have family there?

I have worked a plethora of jobs in the past. Waiting tables, bartending, office jobs. This fall I am going back to school for idk what. Probably something in the healthcare field.

Back