What's new

Most boring sport

I might reconsider my answer from golf to curling. I second those people who said curling. I couldn't even watch one full minute of that on youtube.

I am going to say either golf or bowling (if bowling counts.) Both sports require a great level of skill but I just cannot bring myself to watch someone do either on TV. Even the way the commentators in golf whisper before a shot is taken puts me to sleep. Perhaps when I get more into golf myself I will appreciate watching it more. I've been planning to learn how to play. :)

For me it has to be cricket. I know it is a nice sport, but I don't understand it at all, and it seems much more boring than baseball.

For me it has to be cricket. I know it is a nice sport, but I don't understand it at all, and it seems much more boring than baseball.

About cricket, I don't really get why UK people brag about being the best there. Their competition involves poor countries like India, South Africa, Pakistan, Australia is an exception.

Yet I have people arguing with me that it's more popular than other sports and in my opinion it's a crap sport.

I have played tennis before, but actually watching it on TV is hard for me to do. I prefer actually playing the games as opposed to watching any. Of course, playing tennis has a lot of action involved and watching it is just a back and forth action. I guess I have attention deficit disorder because watching anything going back and forth for an extended time kind of bores me a little. I make an exception for ping pong. I find that to be fascinating to watch. I know I should consider that the same thing as tennis, but I don't.

The most boring sport I think to watch is baseball. The most boring sport to play in my opinion is also baseball. So I guess baseball is just an all around boring sport for me.

Alot of great sports are very boring but are great because they are great to play. Soccer, golf, baseball and cricket would fall into that category for me.

Some sports you switch on and your immediately hooked on the game.

Other sports you have to watch from the start to get dailed in but once you get dailed in you acquire the taste for the sport.

The most boring sport of all-time, it has to be golf! I watched a match which had Tiger Woods in it, and I literally began to doze off, there's just no excitement. I switched it to a much more exciting match of NFL, though I can't remember the teams.

To watch I'd say golf, never been able to watch more than 5 minutes lol

The most boring sport for me to play would have to be soccer, but that's because I'm just plain old bad at it. I'm not very foot coordinated so I give props to those really good soccer players!

The most boring sport in my opinion is NASCAR (its on espn). Watching cars drive in an oval or whatever shape for hours and hours is just boring.

The most boring sport in my opinion is NASCAR (its on espn). Watching cars drive in an oval or whatever shape for hours and hours is just boring.

I came in to say baseball but I'll have to agree with you about Nascar. I can't do it. I can't watch cars drive around in circles over and over again. They're going 200mph but it looks like they're going 50mph.

I completely agree with this. I have still yet to figure out why NASCAR is ever on ESPN. Is it a southern thing that maybe I just don't get?

To watch I'd say golf, never been able to watch more than 5 minutes lol

While I agree that golf is extremely boring to watch, if you are actually playing the game it is a lot more exciting. I can see how something like curling could be boring to watch AND play, but when you get out on the golf course its all focus, frustration, joy, happiness, and excitement. Especially if your with a good group. So yeah, it may be boring to watch, but I would highly reccomend you give it a shot!

Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone has said it yet but frisbee is pretty boring to watch for me.

Bridge is obviously the most boring sport.

Seriously, Bridge is a real sport. Look it up!

Might as well be in the olympics....

NASCAR I would agree. Just the sound of the engines put me to sleep every time.

NASCAR I would agree. Just the sound of the engines put me to sleep every time.

Nascar probably has the highest gap between excitement in actually playing the sport and watching it. I bet it's a huge rush to be driving that fast, trying to outrun a pack of 40 other cars- all while trying not loose control at outrageously high speeds. But yeah, I agree, watching it will put you to sleep!

Back