What's new

Outcome of Florida SC lawsuits?

TommyO said:
Because you have them doesn't mean that SC had the rights to sell them to you. :sqerr:

:violent1: :tomshorse: :deadhorse:

But I have them! Pirates settling won't be able to get them!:sqwink:

Which of course is the point!:sqbiggrin:

For everyone who THINKS SC should be putting pirates out of business, and doing for you, what you should doing for yourself, YOU should be the one filing unfair business practices against the pirate companies.

SC is NOT in the KJ market, they are doing exaclty what you should be doing, that is, getting what THEY deserve.

SC is protecting THEIR house not yours.

If you think the pirates should be put out of business then send them a "cease a desist" then take their butts to court for unfair business practices, they are competing against you, not SC or any other manu.

I'm actually considering it, and I KNOW I have a case. It's unfortunate that we can't use the SC settlements as ammo because they are "sealed".

Any one who thinks SC is or should be their saviour against piracy is delusional.

I have seen a dent in the pirates operating in my area. One disappeared, several settled, one was dropped, one co. filed chap 13 ( large multi rigger) .They are no way off the hook though. Many more are pending.

I have been called by 3 clubs ( didn't work out though).

SC IS having an effect on piracy. But many ppl have expectations that WAY off base.

LM

Mantis1 said:
It's unfortunate that we can't use the SC settlements as ammo because they are "sealed".

Well, if there is a verdict in the case then the verdict is public record.

DJ Auntie M said:
And you seriously answered this person because ..................?:sqconfused:

Because he asked for advice? :sqconfused:

Bazza said:
Because he asked for advice? :sqconfused:

No offense to you Bazza - For some reason I just can't take his statement to be for real - I might be wrong but it is just a feeling this is not for real.:sqrolleyes:

TommyO said:
Because you have them doesn't mean that SC had the rights to sell them to you. :sqerr:

:violent1: :tomshorse: :deadhorse:

AttaTommy! I do believe a few are actually catching on! :sqlaugh::sqcool:

Steve, Missed your point. Are you saying that having the discs that SC wasn't licensed to produce will help your show? That's what I'm getting, but not trying to put words in your mouth. Would you clarify? Thanks in advance.

Joe,

The advantage that the pirates have had, is that they have just about every song produced for Karaoke (it doesn't matter if the production was legal or not) When they have to drop back and punt (settle) they no longer have the option of using the songs that were discontinued! And yes that would be to my advantage to have songs that they do not have, just as they had the advantage of having songs that I didn't have before!

I really don't understand your confusion on the subject! Unless you are trying to make a point that SC has produced music without the permission of the copyright holder and therefore are no better than the pirates they are going after! If that is the point you are trying to make, it don't affect me none!

And I believe SC settled with the copyright holders in those matters!:sqwink:

Thunder said:
Joe,

The advantage that the pirates have had, is that they have just about every song produced for Karaoke (it doesn't matter if the production was legal or not) When they have to drop back and punt (settle) they no longer have the option of using the songs that were discontinued! And yes that would be to my advantage to have songs that they do not have, just as they had the advantage of having songs that I didn't have before!

I really don't understand your confusion on the subject! Unless you are trying to make a point that SC has produced music without the permission of the copyright holder and therefore are no better than the pirates they are going after! If that is the point you are trying to make, it don't affect me none!

And to the best of my knowledge, part of that settlement was the right for people who already bought what Soundchoice sold to keep/use it.

-James

Thunder said:
I really don't understand your confusion on the subject! Unless you are trying to make a point that SC has produced music without the permission of the copyright holder and therefore are no better than the pirates they are going after!

Ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner! Yes, in that light, SC are pirates themselves.

TommyO said:
Ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner! Yes, in that light, SC are pirates themselves.

At some point you just have to step back, smile, and wonder about the absolute idiocy of some statements made on this site...and really really hope that these people don't actually believe in what they are saying but are just looking to present opposing points of view.

VJ Justin Allen said:
At some point you just have to step back, smile, and wonder about the absolute idiocy of some statements made on this site...and really really hope that these people don't actually believe in what they are saying but are just looking to present opposing points of view.

If SC produced karaoke tracks without the permission of the original copyright holder then how is that not piracy? Maybe you have a new definition of piracy?

OK, they produced karaoke tracks without the permission of the original copyright owner, so lets then call it theft. Does that work?

Thunder said:
Joe,

First, in regard to piracy. That actually WASN'T my point, but it's certainly valid. You say that SC has settled all suits. IF that's true ( and I'm not certain that it is) it still puts them on at least a level with pirates that settled, doesn't it?

The songs they produced are still in circulation, and the pirates that settled are still operating. So yes, what you said is true, and a valid point.

My ACTUAL point was that you feel that you gain an advantage through the use of songs that SC pirated for you.... not judging- I have some of those discs too ( SC8438 comes to mind)- but it's something you might mull over......

Has SC been found guilty ? By a court?

One could argue that no pirates are REALLY pirates if they settle.

In the eyes of the law, have they been found guilty if they settle?

Just askin.

VJ Justin Allen said:
At some point you just have to step back, smile, and wonder about the absolute idiocy of some statements made on this site, from people on BOTH sides of the argument ...and really really hope that these people don't actually believe in what they are saying but are just looking to present opposing points of view.

Fixed that for ya . . . :sqwink::sqcool:

Mantis1 said:
Has SC been found guilty ? By a court?

One could argue that no pirates are REALLY pirates if they settle.

In the eyes of the law, have they been found guilty if they settle?

Just askin.

If they settle there is no real judgment of guilt or innocence other than the judgment in the eye of the beholder. Usually the record is sealed to help preserve the reputation of both parties.

Honestly, though, if one settles out of court then there is the perception of guilt.

And a real plus would be if you had an understanding as to what actually happened (like with the Eagles disc) but even then the facts and truth wouldn't make a bit of difference to anyone, and there were other disc done while permission was pending for a song or was withdrawn after the production was done and the disc distributed, Sound Choice isn't the only company that has had to deal with this as every single legit manu has had to pull disc or songs from disc from Pioneer, Chartbuster, Sound Choice, Music Maestro, just to name the major players from the past!

Moonrider said:
Fixed that for ya . . . :sqwink::sqcool:

How about we both do each other a favor and not add extra words to what is written by another person? Especially inside a "quote" that looks like it came from me.

Back