What's new

Packing...

NoHio

Needs help
PF Member
Reaction score
So I'm packing for my trip. Name one thing you think I might have forgotten or one thing that you could not do without on an 11 day trip.

How many hours will it take to get there via plane?

Patience..... I'm leaving my three children for the first time to go on a cruise with my husband on saturday. I'm nervous, scared, excited, can't sleep and everything else. Patience is getting me through.....

Patience..... I'm leaving my three children for the first time to go on a cruise with my husband on saturday. I'm nervous, scared, excited, can't sleep and everything else. Patience is getting me through.....

I will do my best!

OTC meds that I am used to having at home that I may not be able to find there. Tylenol, cold meds, tylenol PM (that is me)...etc....

whatever it is that you have in your medicine cabinet that you would be bummed to do without should you need it.

Packed in your checked cases, of course, and not the carry on.

I have ibuprofen for pain or inflammation, benadryl for allergies and to help me sleep (I think it can help with motion sickness, too, but luckily that isn't a problem for me), imodium (they told us at the health department to get it for travelers diarrhea, we also each got a prescription for a z-pack for that, except my brother who is too much of a wimp to get the shots that are recommended but not required), and my two prescriptions. I think those should cover most possibilities.

Is there a reason that they need to be in the checked bag? I was planning on carrying on my main bag. I also have a bag filled with stuff for Penelope (clothes, diapers, wipes, rice cereal) that will be checked.

Maxi pads/tampons, deodorant, rolaids...

camera. extra batteries. appropriate chargers for your electronics (Mp3 player, etc)

Have a great trip HoHio!! enjoy the experience. I'm envious!

camera. extra batteries. appropriate chargers for your electronics (Mp3 player, etc)

Have a great trip HoHio!! enjoy the experience. I'm envious!

I have my parents camera and charger, unfortunately I think they only have one battery for it. I'm not bringing my camera because none of the batteries I have for it hold a charge. I have AAA's for my MP3 player, my Nintendo DS charger, and my cell phone charger (even though it won't work, I use it to tell time). Thanks!

Q-tips, sunglasses, safety pins

a lip balm or two, and I bring a few extra hair ties because it's aggravating to lose the only one you have.

gum, someone to get your papers while you are away, toothbrush, hairbrush

gum, someone to get your papers while you are away, toothbrush, hairbrush

I have gum, my parents still need to ask our neighbors to collect our mail and newspapers, I have a toothbrush, and I have a comb instead of a hairbrush.

You can have the post office save your mail
https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do

Most likely you can do the same with the papers.

As for taking your main bag on the plan - remember that there is a size restriction and also restrictions as to what you can have in that bag.

Yeah, I think we should have the papers canceled temporarily, but I don't know if my mom is going to do that. I think we will just have the neighbor get the mail so we don't have to go to the post office to pick it up. Our post office is not that close to our house.

I checked United's web site, and my bag falls within the guildelines. I only have the allowed amount liquids in there, and I don't think I have anything else that is prohibited.

Back