What's new

Packing...

I would suggest you take a photocopy of the pages of your passport showing your name, photo, passport number etc and keep it in your suitcase/checked bag and in your carryon just in case your passport is lost/stolen.
brand name bottled water
agree with meds in carryon
and have a great trip!!
keep receipts etc for scrapbooking
oh and get lots of pamphlets describing local attractions and/or postcards, the photos are great!!

I have the photocopies of all of our passports. Thanks!

The liquid meds may get taken away. You are allowed 1 ounce of liquid...the Benadryl (if liquid) would get tossed out.

I just don't carry any but necessary meds in my carry on (my thyroid med) for simplicity's sake. you never know what they will "ban" in the carry ons or consider a problem. IF I take ibuprofen or whatever in my carry on I take 2 of the single/trial packs. Don't want anything questioned at security.

They're all pills, no liquids.

Your chargers etc...will probably need adaptors for them. We bring our chargers etc...but the plugs in Morocco are a completely different shape than our plugs. So, we have to buy adaptors for shape and additionally for different voltage. (the voltage in Morocco is higher and burns out our electronics).

I'm pretty sure my sister will have an adapter we can use for the chargers. I know she must need one to plug in her computer. Thanks!

Do you have a really good camera? Maybe an extra memory card and batteries for it.

It's a Canon PowerSot SD750. I don't think it's really expensive, but it works. I brought one of my own memory cards in case we need it. It only has one battery, but I brough the charger.

I would take some lifesavers or something like that to have on the plane. I would recommend eye drops too since your flight is so long and you wear contacts. Hand lotion too in a small bottle. The air on the plane is so drying that you will need that stuff since you will be traveling for a full day. Have a great trip!!

I have two, thanks!

Bring a journal, so you can record your activities at the end of the day. God forbid you get old and your memory fails you, you never want to forget these memories with your sweet niece. :)

I thought about it, but I don't really want to right in a journal. I am going to tell you all about what I did every day, and when I come home I will copy and paste that into a journal on my computer.

Birth Control?

I won't need it!

You mentioned Rx meds. Put 1/2 in your carry-on and 1/2 in your checked bags. Why? What if your checked bag gets lost? What if your carry-on is stolen from you, left behind, gets dropped in water, etc. Also, have your doctor give you a script to carry with you, just in case. Just in case what? Just in case you stay longer, planes can't take-off for a variety of reasons - we just saw air travel restricted/cancelled from volcano ash.

My cousin joined us on our last cruise - 8 days. I packed my heart meds/bp, 8 days in my luggage, 8 days in my purse. She packed hers. She swears! Her husband found it NEXT to where she had packed her suitcase. Luckily, she and I take one of the same meds for our bp - the more important of the two and I was able to share mine with her. We had checked on board ship and there was no way to get them. We tried a pharmacy at our stop in PR and she would have had to see a doctor, since we were in port from 4pm to midnight, it wasn't going to happen, etc. etc. So, we learned - we don't trust her. Next cruise she has to spend the night here and we are going to check her luggage.

Plan for the worst, expect the best. Have a great trip.

None of the meds are life and death, so I would be okay without them. They are going in my carry-on bag, and it is not going to leave my side. Thanks!

tuck an extra photo of M in your overnight bag!

Hmm, I always have a couple of tampons in my purse. I think the limit on the luggage is 50 lbs. I'll have to weigh them, but I know the bag for Penelope is under that. Thanks!

give yourself a little wiggle room with those 50 pounds... You might be packing your suitcase in an air-conditioned house here, then re-packing for the return flight in humidity. I'm not kidding; it does add weight (although probably more for people who take winter vacations to the tropics). Plus (even if you jettison things from your luggage like gifts for people you're visiting) you may buy souvenirs or receive gifts that you pack in your checked luggage on the way home, adding weight. Lastly, the airline's scale may be calibrated differently than the scale in your house.

When are you leaving?

give yourself a little wiggle room with those 50 pounds... You might be packing your suitcase in an air-conditioned house here, then re-packing for the return flight in humidity. I'm not kidding; it does add weight (although probably more for people who take winter vacations to the tropics). Plus (even if you jettison things from your luggage like gifts for people you're visiting) you may buy souvenirs or receive gifts that you pack in your checked luggage on the way home, adding weight. Lastly, the airline's scale may be calibrated differently than the scale in your house.

When are you leaving?

I think it's well under 50 lbs., but I don't know about the rest of the checked bags. Most of my family hasn't packed yet. We are leaving on Monday at 10:22 am.

ha, you're doing much better than I ever do! I'm usually packing the night before or even the day of. I have a perpetual packing list in MS Word. I just print that and check things off as I pack them (Or cross 'em off if they don't pertain to that trip).

ha, you're doing much better than I ever do! I'm usually packing the night before or even the day of. I have a perpetual packing list in MS Word. I just print that and check things off as I pack them (Or cross 'em off if they don't pertain to that trip).

Yeah, I started a list weeks ago and just kept adding to it whenever I thought of something else that I wanted to bring. I think I have it all covered, but I started this thread just in case I forgot something.

Heck no! And I don't even know what he looks like.

And you wonder why you're still single. :rolleyes: He could be a cutie pie and you're already dismissing him. :koolaid2:

And you wonder why you're still single. :rolleyes: He could be a cutie pie and you're already dismissing him. :koolaid2:

I wouldn't date someone just because they are good looking. I don't like Mike.

I wouldn't date someone just because they are good looking. I don't like Mike.

Well not long term no, but.......well don't knock arm candy till ya sampled it. ;)

Back