What's new

Packing...

Soft toilet paper

Yeah, I think we should have the papers canceled temporarily, but I don't know if my mom is going to do that. I think we will just have the neighbor get the mail so we don't have to go to the post office to pick it up. Our post office is not that close to our house.

I checked United's web site, and my bag falls within the guildelines. I only have the allowed amount liquids in there, and I don't think I have anything else that is prohibited.

Our post office will drop off the reserved mail to my house on a day I decide on . I order the hold-mail on the USPS website. I pick the day fof mail delivery to be resumed. I make sure I am home at delivery time in case it all won't fit in our mailbox.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, your favorite hair product, razor, aloe lotion for burns (if you are going somewhere where that will be an issue). That's all I can think of, people here are very thorough!

Bring the tampons anyway! Your body does strange things when flying across severeal time zones. They do not sell them in China! The meds need to be in your carryon because they are very often stolen in a checked bag. When we went last year, we were told to take a couple aspirin just before landing. That was to keep your temp. down for the whole Swine flu deal. China took it VERY seriously. I don't know if that's still an issue. Also watch your luggage weights. I can't remember what the in-country limits were, but they are lower than an international flight. Have fun! Lots of water on the plane and in China-it's sooooo hot/humid right now. Use the hotel bathrooms! Cannot stress that one enough!

I would suggest you take a photocopy of the pages of your passport showing your name, photo, passport number etc and keep it in your suitcase/checked bag and in your carryon just in case your passport is lost/stolen.
brand name bottled water
agree with meds in carryon
and have a great trip!!
keep receipts etc for scrapbooking
oh and get lots of pamphlets describing local attractions and/or postcards, the photos are great!!

Do you have a really good camera? Maybe an extra memory card and batteries for it.

Bring a journal, so you can record your activities at the end of the day. God forbid you get old and your memory fails you, you never want to forget these memories with your sweet niece. :)

You mentioned Rx meds. Put 1/2 in your carry-on and 1/2 in your checked bags. Why? What if your checked bag gets lost? What if your carry-on is stolen from you, left behind, gets dropped in water, etc. Also, have your doctor give you a script to carry with you, just in case. Just in case what? Just in case you stay longer, planes can't take-off for a variety of reasons - we just saw air travel restricted/cancelled from volcano ash.

My cousin joined us on our last cruise - 8 days. I packed my heart meds/bp, 8 days in my luggage, 8 days in my purse. She packed hers. She swears! Her husband found it NEXT to where she had packed her suitcase. Luckily, she and I take one of the same meds for our bp - the more important of the two and I was able to share mine with her. We had checked on board ship and there was no way to get them. We tried a pharmacy at our stop in PR and she would have had to see a doctor, since we were in port from 4pm to midnight, it wasn't going to happen, etc. etc. So, we learned - we don't trust her. Next cruise she has to spend the night here and we are going to check her luggage.

Plan for the worst, expect the best. Have a great trip.

floss, eye drops

I have floss. I don't have eye drops. I hope I won't need them. I do have extra contacts and a case with solution in it. My mom should have extra solution if I need it. I have the kind of contacts that stay in all of the time, so I don't think I'll need it.

Our post office will drop off the reserved mail to my house on a day I decide on . I order the hold-mail on the USPS website. I pick the day fof mail delivery to be resumed. I make sure I am home at delivery time in case it all won't fit in our mailbox.

Thanks, I'll tell my mom that and see if she wants it to be held.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, your favorite hair product, razor, aloe lotion for burns (if you are going somewhere where that will be an issue). That's all I can think of, people here are very thorough!

I have a toothbrush and toothpaste. I have shampoo plus conditioner in one and that's all I really use on my hair. I have a razor. I have sunscreen, so I hope we won't need aloe. Thanks!

Bring the tampons anyway! Your body does strange things when flying across severeal time zones. They do not sell them in China! The meds need to be in your carryon because they are very often stolen in a checked bag. When we went last year, we were told to take a couple aspirin just before landing. That was to keep your temp. down for the whole Swine flu deal. China took it VERY seriously. I don't know if that's still an issue. Also watch your luggage weights. I can't remember what the in-country limits were, but they are lower than an international flight. Have fun! Lots of water on the plane and in China-it's sooooo hot/humid right now. Use the hotel bathrooms! Cannot stress that one enough!

Hmm, I always have a couple of tampons in my purse. I think the limit on the luggage is 50 lbs. I'll have to weigh them, but I know the bag for Penelope is under that. Thanks!

Back